++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7232 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
Often haul canoes on the top rack of my dad's truck. One time had a cat get up there and hang out on the underside of one of the seats...
That cat had a lot to say when we started to get up to speed. Took a bit to figure out what the weird noise was, before pulling over to get it down.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
2493e3hzuni41.jpg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Ahahha Maple Leafs got beat by emergency goalie, who was the practice goalie for the AHL Marlies. He drives the Zamboni...

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Sick like a dog. On antibiotics so hopefully it clears up. I seem to get this strep throat thing every year. It's early though, I normally get it in spring. Weather has been all over the place so it's probably why I got it early.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Sick like a dog. On antibiotics so hopefully it clears up. I seem to get this strep throat thing every year. It's early though, I normally get it in spring. Weather has been all over the place so it's probably why I got it early.

The weather doesn't get you sick. Maybe a low pressure system can mess with your sinuses and lead to a bacterial infection. Is that what you've got?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I got strep. Sinuses were acting up the other day but right now it's clear. Might be the meds I'm on helping though.

When things warm up it can release viruses/bacteria that was dormant. I tend to always get sick in spring, and the weather we've been having lately is spring like. Cooling off again though. I tend to get strep every spring, it's like clockwork.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I got strep. Sinuses were acting up the other day but right now it's clear. Might be the meds I'm on helping though.

When things warm up it can release viruses/bacteria that was dormant. I tend to always get sick in spring, and the weather we've been having lately is spring like. Cooling off again though. I tend to get strep every spring, it's like clockwork.

That's called allergies. There's no dormant viruses from the stone age waiting to get you. Your winters stop the pollen for a bit. You most likely get sick in the spring due to allergies (when everything is blooming). Try living here in North Texas. I get tree pollen in the spring around Easter. Grass in the summer. Ragweed (hay fever) in the fall. Mountain Cedar around Christmas. Always something blowing in from one direction or another. I always wondered why I was getting sick at Christmas and Easter so much. Allergies!

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's called allergies. There's no dormant viruses from the stone age waiting to get you. Your winters stop the pollen for a bit. You most likely get sick in the spring due to allergies (when everything is blooming). Try living here in North Texas. I get tree pollen in the spring around Easter. Grass in the summer. Ragweed (hay fever) in the fall. Mountain Cedar around Christmas. Always something blowing in from one direction or another. I always wondered why I was getting sick at Christmas and Easter so much. Allergies!
lol he has no pollen yet. He is still in -20C territory. Currently -16C

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca

Well whatever the cause is, point being, when the weather warms up that's when I tend to get sick. I doubt it's allergies, the heat wave we got did not last enough to get any pollen going, and allergies tend to be more like a cold where you got the runny nose and all that. For me it's the throat. Though the runny nose is starting a bit today. This thing I get every year tends to be in stages and lasts about a month. Starts with the really bath throat then slowly turns into a cold. I just hope the antibiotics I'm on help at least get rid of the throat part since I'd hate to call in sick a 3rd day, it looks bad. They usually do, but there's lot of different strains of this thing, some of them are viral and some of them are bacterial so it all depends on which one I got.