++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1000 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
That's right bane, the Nikon you love so much played a big part in Pearl Harbor. I hope you are happy.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I wonder if that ancient AMD Venice I have could handle XP, so I could have an XP machine in the house again...

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
D90 Nikon refurbished is $800, sans lens. Ouch.

There's usually a glut of 18-105 Nikkor lenses, from all the people buying kits and trying to resell the lens... but most of them are trying to sell that lens for $200 or so, essentially the difference between body-only and kit.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
"

• Price: $639.95

• Refurbished Item Sold Through Used Dept.
  • Condition: Refurbished Refurbished by the Manufacturer to original company's specifications"
So, refurbished by Nikon, to Nikon's specifications? Then it should be no different than the Nikon Store, except for costing $150 less.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
for little jonny's christmas concert, the video on dslr is plenty.

So is a P&S with 1080P. :p

I have to agree as I've been using Canon basically forever. Although in film I trained on Nikon/Nikor glass (F4 body)...

Started digital with a coolpix P&S (learned that was really pray and shit) and it was quite unreliable. Moved over to Canon Powershot G1 nearly 10 years ago. Learned their software/interface and have not looked back. Went through the ranks - Rebel, 5D, 1D, etc. Nice thing is their awesome glass fits them all! The only way I see going Nikon is if you're starting out and have nothing invested in glass. There's lots to learn regardless of the road you take. The worst thing you can do is dump a few grand on a body and lenses and let them sit in a box. :biggrin:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So is a P&S with 1080P. :p

I have to agree as I've been using Canon basically forever. Although in film I trained on Nikon/Nikor glass (F4 body)...

Started digital with a coolpix P&S (learned that was really pray and shit) and it was quite unreliable. Moved over to Canon Powershot G1 nearly 10 years ago. Learned their software/interface and have not looked back. Went through the ranks - Rebel, 5D, 1D, etc. Nice thing is their awesome glass fits them all! The only way I see going Nikon is if you're starting out and have nothing invested in glass. There's lots to learn regardless of the road you take. The worst thing you can do is dump a few grand on a body and lenses and let them sit in a box. :biggrin:

I have nothing right now, ergo, I can go with either company, and thus, I'll go with the product I like. As for not using it, well, that is a major concern, and one of the reasons I'm starting to consider refurbished previous-generation equipment, despite being one of those "new electronics new stuff only" people.

My SD1400 P&S has all of three hundred shots on it, and gets used once or twice a month, over the span of more than a year with it.

But I've wanted to do some night shots, mostly of my car, and found that it can't deal with darkness. It also can't deal with bright or reflective surfaces, i.e. new or cleaned cars.