++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 999 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So, let's see... IQ is pretty even. Cost and lineup of the bodies is comparable. Lenses, leaving aside the L's, is pretty even - and should be noted at this point that I have little expectation of getting to the level of affording and/or needing L's.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
And, of particular note, last night, alfa, you made a special focus against the D90/D7000, what is so especially wrong with those two?

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
It's awful, poor quality, tons of noise, et cetera. I'll readily admit - by all appearances, the iPhone has a better camera.

At least, judging by the quality of all those wonderful girls who take splendid pictures of themselves with iPhones.

:awe:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Catastrophic StarBaron update or error: you can now fly through the defense zones of any occupied planet (but not unoccupied ones). Therefore, there is no defense.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
PRO BOWL ROSTERS!

AFC gets Brady (no surprise), backed by Big Ben and Rivers. Big Ben, sure. Rivers? Uh... well, I guess after Brady and sometimes Ben, the caliber goes way down.
For the RB, Rice, MJD, Foster. Don't give a shit, I don't care about the run game. There's a fullback too, not that anybody gives a damn.
Receivers: Welker, Wallace, Marshall, Green. Welker, yes. Wallace, yes. Marshall? Yeah, guess so. Green, dunno who the hell that is. Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Video sucks on SLR. Can you say rolling shutter? Sure it gives you options for glass but action leaves it behind. SLRs won't be killing pro camcorders anytime soon!

for little jonny's christmas concert, the video on dslr is plenty.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
TE: GRONK!!! Duh! And Gates, WTF? Hernandez is better than Gates at this point, given Gates' health problems. Absolutely Hernandez deserves it more. Frankly, the Patriots have the top two TE's in the AFC, hell, I'll even go so far as to say the best TE in the league. Gates, Gonzalez, Clark, Graham, Hernandez, and Gronkowski are, IMO, the best TE's in the league, and the top guy is Gronk.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
PRO BOWL ROSTERS!

AFC gets Brady (no surprise), backed by Big Ben and Rivers. Big Ben, sure. Rivers? Uh... well, I guess after Brady and sometimes Ben, the caliber goes way down.
For the RB, Rice, MJD, Foster. Don't give a shit, I don't care about the run game. There's a fullback too, not that anybody gives a damn.
Receivers: Welker, Wallace, Marshall, Green. Welker, yes. Wallace, yes. Marshall? Yeah, guess so. Green, dunno who the hell that is. Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, Anquan Boldin...

you follow professional bowling?

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Defense: Good to see Carter in, although he won't be playing, due to an injured left quad. Freeney, also good, despite an unusually weak season. Ngata, Suggs, I like it. Fletcher from the 'Skins got screwed. Leading tackler of the whole league, how does he not get a nod?

Revis is a d-bag, but I guess this is about skills, so okay. Yep, we're done on the AFC then.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
NFC: Rodgers, Brees, duh. So three of the top four QB's got selected, and the only one who didn't is out with a bad neck. After those four... there are no elites. Eli Manning does not deserve Pro Bowl, Stafford or Ryan would have been far better selections.
RB/FB: McCoy, Forte, Gore. Yep, that works. Kinda expected AP in there, but the others are big too, and AP is out anyways. FB is Kuhn, again, who cares?
WR: Megatron, Fitzgerald - oh, what I would give to see those two playing with Peyton Manning and a serious offensive line. And Gronk. Yeah, jesus, the records, oh, the records. Right, focus... Smith and Jennings as backups. Can't say I see anyone really missing, the Pack and the Saints don't have one focal receiver.

TE: No Vernon Davis, but Jimmy Graham and Gonzalez are good picks.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Offensive line for the NFC is 3/5 Saints, including both guards. Good.

Defense:
Pierre-Paul, good. No Suh, a bit odd, no Harrison, also odd, both probably suspension-driven. Matthews and Ware are both in. Woodson is there too.

SF and Oakland are sending all their kicking people in, wow.