++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 508 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Never heard of it.

t

It is a non-profit online university established by the governors of several western states and has expanded into other states such as Indiana. I've generally heard good things about it and tuition is really cheap. I probably wouldn't do a bachelor's there but a Master's might be a good deal.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Ok, WTF -- end user emails me. She is trying to add a link to the Sharepoint managed "My Sites" tool. She gets an error message that the name must be less than 50 characters. "I tried to add the site but get this error. What do I do?" Seriously?

try "the message is telling me the name must be less than 50 characters. can you count the file name and let me know how many characters you put in as name?"

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
try "the message is telling me the name must be less than 50 characters. can you count the file name and let me know how many characters you put in as name?"

OMG, LOL! I should've done that. I just replied with: "Shorten the name."

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Tried it, it feels cheap, buggy, slow and worst of all all the phones feel like flimsy pieces of plastic Chinese detritus of Pangasius sanitwongsei. D:

How long ago was this? The worst you can really say is plastic, and that ends up making them more durable.

t

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
That guy seems either really stupid or he thinks he can pull a fast one on alfa. I'm glad Paypal is backing alfa.

They are having him send the phone back. I can release the refund after inspecting the item.

I can't believe I have something good to say about them

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
They are having him send the phone back. I can release the refund after inspecting the item.

I can't believe I have something good to say about them

Did you take the serial number of the phone before you sent it? I wouldn't be surprised if he is sending you back a different, dead phone.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Did you take the serial number of the phone before you sent it? I wouldn't be surprised if he is sending you back a different, dead phone.

I didn't even open the box because he wanted it next day. Serial number is in my order shipment email

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
School wants $50 registration fee and $30 late fee. Trouble is... I never got a bill until now. More incompetence from them that I end up paying for.

t

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
So, at WGU, you pay a flat fee per semester or year (at least for Bachelor's degrees). You are allowed to rack up as many credits as you can cram in for that fee. So assuming an MBA is priced similarly, you could conceivably finish it within a year and only pay a single year's tuition.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
damn it. A friend of mine wore reflective aviators today...

She looked so good

I must confront her on this

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
How long ago was this? The worst you can really say is plastic, and that ends up making them more durable.

t

I'd much rather deal with a more fragile glass phone that's not creaky and feel like it's going to fall apart in your hand. A person showed me a "bionic" and sheesh why is it so darn big? Really I like smaller phones. If I want to watch a movie or play a game that's what a computer is for. :rolleyes:

With guys running around with these Leviathans in their pockets it's getting harder to tell if it's just another oversized phone vs. a large package! :biggrin:

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I'd much rather deal with a more fragile glass phone that's not creaky and feel like it's going to fall apart in your hand. A person showed me a "bionic" and sheesh why is it so darn big? Really I like smaller phones. If I want to watch a movie or play a game that's what a computer is for. :rolleyes:

With guys running around with these Leviathans in their pockets it's getting harder to tell if it's just another oversized phone vs. a large package! :biggrin:

My first android phone was the Dell Steak

LMAO

Plastic and huge :p