++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 411 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I remember having the "Fedora Talk" with one of my friends. He didn't take it well and I felt like a parent telling a child that his mother and I were getting a divorce.
He ended up running away. We found him three days later in the woods wearing nothing but the hat. After a bit of therapy he'd accepted it was a dumb hat and he looked like a dickhead with it on.

bneff

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Work was total madness.

Ride home, a woman in a Corolla is in front of me, doing 18 in a 30, with her high beams on while we have oncoming traffic. None of them flash their lights at her, but I do, many times, to inform her to shut her brights off, and to inform her to speed the fuck up. Instead, she puts on her right directional, slows to about 15 MPH, and hugs the right edge of the road.

Well, that's not the proper way to permit someone to pass you, but since she's already proven irrevocably that she has NO business whatsoever driving, I take that opening, and finally for the first time put the gas pedal to the floor. 20 to 50? 20 to 60? I don't even know, it was dark and raining and my focus was on the headlights coming towards me from a thousand feet away, not my speedometer screaming upwards. And sure enough, I end up in front of her, and the dumb bitch keeps on rolling forwards at 20 MPH or less with her high beams on.

Honestly, really, truly, needs to be removed from the roads. Yes, rain and darkness suck for driving (well, sorta), but if you can't handle it, then stay the fuck home, you're an absolute menace to everyone else (literally, given your propensity to WILLFULLY leave your brights on). And yes, she knew she was doing it, because she flicked them on and off for the first oncoming car, and then gave up and just left them on.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So, it's 11. My alarm will go off at 8. That gives me about 3 hours to get up, get going for the day, eat some stuff, and try out four segments of calculus homework before going to class.

For now, I'm off to find my NyQuil.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
a6890cb2-01a3-627e.jpg

i

Saint Nick

Lifer
Jan 21, 2005
it is friday and i didn't sleep enough last night. i was plannign on getting drunk tonight and tomorrow for oktoberfest but sadly i don't see tonight happening due to myo super duper tiredness.

only working til 2 today, can't wait to gtfo of here

also a dill pickle sounds tasty