++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 240 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Rough night on TF2. My primary server crashed about five minutes in, so I resorted to a backup server. The level of competition is actually higher on that server, usually a more aggressive and frenetic style of play.

BLU turns out to have a sniper just as good as the top two snipers from my usual server. It's bad enough that I can't be an engineer with mini-sentry, in fact, nobody is getting outside because of just him and one other. I go sniper, along with a couple others, knowing I'll get slaughtered, because it'll help take some of the heat off the team.

I draw blood a couple times, in exchange for about ten deaths. Mostly, I run around and fire snapshots, staying alive, but not hurting anyone. I end up getting dominated by three people, his assistant being the second, and a spy running freely through our base.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I have no idea what the rest of the team was doing. The bridge was a free for all, the sniper deck was getting immolated under high explosives, yet the base was open ground for pyros, demos, and spies to run through it.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I shifted class to demo, and couldn't sticky jump across, because of how good the snipers were. I tried going in the water, and met demos and spies. I ended up going soldier, rushing across the bridge, which had a high failure right because that was no-man's-land, and rocket jumping up, where I finally broke the dominations, splattered their snipers, and then got killed by more demos.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Stayed with soldier for a while, with limited effect, as BLU took the bridge, and everyone started cowering inside and calling each other name's via voice chat, while spies and demos and pyros again ran rampant up from the sewer.

I ended up leaving.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
So let's see, this fall we have:

Madden 12
Uncharted 3
BF 3
Rise of Isengard
SW:TOR
and maybe Diablo 3

Not to mention NBA 2K12 looks really good (Larry Bird!) but I doubt I'll buy it.