++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 808 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
The OP never says

Too bad would be interesting to know. Can't think of a legit reason they would need that info unless it was some kind of really high security type job where they needed to know all kinds of personal info. And even then you'd think they'd pair down the candidates other ways and get that kind of thing in an interview. Probably one of those 'trick' interview type questions but it seems like a bit of an odd one.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
One of the states (I seem to recall it being New Hampshire, but I don't recall for sure) had that on their application as well and the outcry forced them to remove it.

I don't care what your job is, there is ZERO need for your employer to have all your account and password info. ZERO.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Too bad would be interesting to know. Can't think of a legit reason they would need that info unless it was some kind of really high security type job where they needed to know all kinds of personal info. And even then you'd think they'd pair down the candidates other ways and get that kind of thing in an interview. Probably one of those 'trick' interview type questions but it seems like a bit of an odd one.

I can go there. ;)

s-room.jpg

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
One of the states (I seem to recall it being New Hampshire, but I don't recall for sure) had that on their application as well and the outcry forced them to remove it.

I don't care what your job is, there is ZERO need for your employer to have all your account and password info. ZERO.

If you are a spy for your country you basically have no right to any personal info. But then they would never ask for this kind of info anyway and not on an application. lol

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
Plan for the night:
Laundry
Clean all monitors
Fix gf's vacuum
Finish putting stuff from trip away
Work