++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 8037 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I managed not to trigger anybody on the internet today. I think I did good. Gonna finish loading the dishwasher with my cast iron pans and let it run overnight then go to bed.

Reactions: IronWing

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
We do exactly the same shit Americans do but for some reason Canadians pretend we are better.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Toronto wants to tax the rain that falls on your land. So ridiculous. Sure hope that doesn't take off everywhere or province wide. Another attack on land owners and farmers.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Storm water management dude. Waste water management is expensive. They are changing from flat fee to hard surface size based charge. More hard surface, pay more. I know you don't get it, so I am explaining it to you. Lawn doesn't get counted.

And Kevin Voung who had a sex assault charge is the person you go to for news? The Liberals dropped him as a candidate...

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What does this even have to do with waste management? People already have to pay tax for that too. Several sources are reporting this. No Idea who this Kevin guy is.

Just hope this kind of taxation doesn't take off everywhere. It's completely ridiculous, we already pay enough as is.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
What does this even have to do with waste management? People already have to pay tax for that too. Several sources are reporting this. No Idea who this Kevin guy is.

Just hope this kind of taxation doesn't take off everywhere. It's completely ridiculous, we already pay enough as is.
Storm water management. When you have buildings, the rain water does not get soaked up by the concrete (unlike lawn) and it goes to the storm drains. This has to be maintained. This is already part of the water rate. Newer part of city has storm drains hooked up directly to the rivers and lakes. Older part still goes to sewer and that gets treated at water treatment plants.

It is not a new charge, just the calculation is changing. Kevin Voung is the guy that coined the term rain tax.

This was proposed during Tory's term as mayor. It is just getting tabled to go into effect now.

National post link, unless it is not right wing enough for you.

Last edited: