++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7740 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
CED was not that great, even LD was not great. Groove and needle should have died long before CED.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
CEDs are fun too. They were basically records but for video. Worked with capacitance instead of a needle. Never actually used one myself. I don't think they ended up that widespread.

Nope, it used needle, just electronic, not mechanical.

A keel-shaped stylus with a titanium electrode layer rides in the groove with extremely light tracking force (65 mg) and an electronic circuit is formed through the disc and stylus. Like an audio turntable, the stylus reads the disc, starting at the outer edge and going towards the center.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
eyelashes make a passable pair of shades in a pinch.

But the squinting will slowly drive you insane.

Time to fully blown psychosis will vary.

edit: some of us are already a lot closer than the mean.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Starting to think I should install that 1kw (1.36 to be exact) solar array. Might revisit that next time I'm off. Had to turn off the inverter since battery voltage was down to 23 volts without even powering anything. Days are too short and too dark now that it's winter. I usually just leave it off by now, but I'd really like to be able to actually produce year round.

Reactions: Charmonium

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Did you that Roger Penrose is still around. A born iconoclast but brilliant enought that even when he's wrong, people still value his opinion. He's 91 chicas, you snooze, you lose.