++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7602 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Sucks, since whatever money the insurance gives you won't be enough to get something equivalent. What their book says an 11 year old vehicle is worth and what it actually sells for is two different things. :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Sucks, since whatever money the insurance gives you won't be enough to get something equivalent. What their book says an 11 year old vehicle is worth and what it actually sells for is two different things. :p

I was hoping for another 5 year with this car lol.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Gah LInux is frustrating sometimes. Trying to figure out how to get dynamic DNS to work and nothing is straightforward and everything I google shows different stuff. Nothing is consistent. Why is this so freaking hard? I spent 2 freaking days on this.

I think I'm going to give up and just make the script edit the DNS record directly, way easier than trying to get dynamic DNS to work.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Gah LInux is frustrating sometimes. Trying to figure out how to get dynamic DNS to work and nothing is straightforward and everything I google shows different stuff. Nothing is consistent. Why is this so freaking hard? I spent 2 freaking days on this.

I think I'm going to give up and just make the script edit the DNS record directly, way easier than trying to get dynamic DNS to work.
I think we all know the answer. You're a masochist.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Finally got it working. Had to chmod 770 a folder and make an apparmor rule change. None of the documentation said that and none of the errors were explanatory enough.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Modern cars are now mostly unibody. Cheaper for them to make. Very difficult for you to repair. Glad you're ok.
It's gotta be an expensive and or unique car to warrant spending the money to properly fix it, as unless you spend a lot of time and money doing it correctly it'll just never be the same again after any major accident.

This leads to most modern cars being totalled for anything more than a mild fender bender.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Kind of sad and a waste really, but they sure don't build stuff with repairability in mind anymore. They are cheaper to make but sure not cheaper to buy!

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
It's gotta be an expensive and or unique car to warrant spending the money to properly fix it, as unless you spend a lot of time and money doing it correctly it'll just never be the same again after any major accident.

This leads to most modern cars being totalled for anything more than a mild fender bender.
It sucks for consumers. My car is old by now. However, I can replace body parts and just attach them to the frame. With today's vehicles, the whole car is the frame. The lady I was dating last year had a fender bender that hit right at the door hinge. I thought I could help her and replace the fender, pull out the door. Nope. Unibody. Totally effed. She had to crawl in via the passenger side. I hate not being able to fix things that I should be able to fix. Built in obsolescence.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
It sucks for consumers. My car is old by now. However, I can replace body parts and just attach them to the frame. With today's vehicles, the whole car is the frame. The lady I was dating last year had a fender bender that hit right at the door hinge. I thought I could help her and replace the fender, pull out the door. Nope. Unibody. Totally effed. She had to crawl in via the passenger side. I hate not being able to fix things that I should be able to fix. Built in obsolescence.
Yeah, but again, they ARE much safer.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Yeah, but again, they ARE much safer.
ddf7kyp.jpg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
body shop says total loss, repair was over 12k before getting to the airbags lol now need to figure out settlement with insurance.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Daily Quordle Fools 67!
5️⃣4️⃣
8️⃣6️⃣
quordle.com
⬜🧀⬜⬜⬜ 🧀⬜🥦⬜⬜
⬜⬜🧀🧀⬜ ⬜⬜⬜🧀⬜
⬜⬜🥦⬜⬜ ⬜🧀⬜⬜⬜
🥦⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🥦🥦🥦🥦🥦