++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7415 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
plc2ewx.jpeg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ugh this is so freaking frustrating. Why does apache config have to differ so much between distros. I just want to be able to drop the old config, but it won't work because each distro does everything differently.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's also acting like there is selinux but there is no selinux since this is Debian. Getting bunch of denied errors and connection reset and bullshit like that. I hate migrating servers, always have to deal with stupidities like this.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Fucking php. They randomly changed crap around and now lot of my code broke. In mysql they changed what was once a function to just a variable, and did a bunch of other crap like that. What a freaking pain. The issue is the dev server is not same distro as prod, how is this even suppose to work now.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate linux sometimes... so much freaking manual legwork on a new install. Why can't all this crap just work by default. Now the mysql socket for some stupid reason is not in the right path. Why not put it in right path by default FFS. I hate that you can't just have stuff working out of the box and need to spend so much time on google for little things that should just work in first place.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ugh I hate server migrations.

And this is just a basic web server. Not looking forward to doing my more involved servers. They make so many arbitrary changes to how stuff works that it just turns into a big game of chasing stuff that sh ould be a non issue.

They crippled the root user in mysql too. Can't use it in phpmyadmin anymore so you need to create a separate user now, which is not straight forward to do manually in command line without looking up how.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I always hated managing users in mysql, it's so convoluted, even within phpmyadmin. Trying to give a user access to two databases and can't seem to find a way to do that.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Think everything works now. Had to deal with lot of BS along the way but guess it could have been worse.

This was kind of impromptu, as I plan to setup a preseed installer that can automate a lot of this crap but I had to upgrade this one before I can figure all that stuff out as the CentOS repos don't work anymore and I had to install python for a project.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have a feeling I'm missing something, but think everything works...

All this because I wanted to install python and I did not even do that yet lol.