++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7402 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I just put up Christmas lights and decorations. Won't turn them on until after Nov 11th. There's tons of debate on that, I just feel it's better to wait a little.

It feels like spring out there, it's weird. Most of the snow has melted and it's warm out. Was a good day to do it. Cleaned my gutters too, probably for the last time ever, now that I have no more trees around the house.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I just put up Christmas lights and decorations. Won't turn them on until after Nov 11th. There's tons of debate on that, I just feel it's better to wait a little.

It feels like spring out there, it's weird. Most of the snow has melted and it's warm out. Was a good day to do it. Cleaned my gutters too, probably for the last time ever, now that I have no more trees around the house.

Wait you actually took them down?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Crazy how moving the clock just 1 hour makes it feel so late now. It's 8pm and I'm already tired lol. I really hope we do way with this clock change thing, it always screws me up for a few months.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Another yucky cold morning.It's 34 degrees F outside,raining..

and the weather forecast says we might have some freezing rain or light snow mixing in,before it warms up past 32 degrees F.

FML.This is going to make my walk to work no fun at all.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just came back from a 1 hour walk, probably should have wore shorts lol. Just switched to some now and got the fan blowing on me. I find once you get overheated in pants it's really hard to cool down.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Tired nef. Been up since like 9:30 yesterday. Bed time in a bit over an hour.

Going to be nice to sleep in, had way too many appointments on my time off, never really got a break.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Being veterans day, I took today off and slept in. Went and got a free steak dinner voucher from Texas Roadhouse and then went to BJ's for lunch. I'm planning on getting another freebie for dinner. I'm not doing the free haircut thing, though. Did that one year and it was the worst haircut. LOL

Jz1ZmZn.jpg

Reactions: Red Squirrel

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
so you are the guy in orange on the left? :awe:

I'm taking the picture, but I looked like this (pic below) when it was flight quarters. The above pic was taken when we buzzed Bermuda. The Airwing Detachment asked if I wanted to go up in one of those CH46 "Sea Knight". You don't have to ask me twice. I wish I could have taken a better shot (from the air) of Bermuda. Those bubble windows distorted things.

FX8iwkTh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Red Squirrel

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Tomorrow looks to be no fun when I'm at work.

The weather forecast is for temps right around 50 degrees F, with winds gusting 20 to 35 mph all morning.
Wind chill temps are forecast to be around 35 degrees F.

Also, dealing with rain blowing sideways.

(Actually, the winds are going to be blowing 20 to 40 mph most all day tomorrow. FML.)