++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7365 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Cat almost puked in my bed again, was able to shove her off before it came out. I think I really will have to start locking her out of the room now. The problem with that is I do kind of like the cuddles, and I will need to hear her meow non stop the whole night.

I don't understand why she decided it's ok to do it in the bed now, she used to jump off herself before doing it.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I need to reinstall my system. Copy and paste barely works, I had to do a huge hack just to get my monitors to save propery after a reboot, the audio gets all messed up if I try to browse the internet with a youtube video playing, file extension associations don't save, kdenlive gets super flaky randomly.... just too many issues. Hoping a clean install will fix all this.

I just so don't feel like going through all that work. Bleh.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Does piss me off that the government basically re-taxes your money though. I technically already paid taxes on that when I originally earned it. Unless with the ESP they take it out pretax?

no, you only pay tax on what you gained. Say you invest 100 and get 1,000, you get taxed on 900. However it will be at your top tax bracket.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Cat almost puked in my bed again, was able to shove her off before it came out. I think I really will have to start locking her out of the room now. The problem with that is I do kind of like the cuddles, and I will need to hear her meow non stop the whole night.

I don't understand why she decided it's ok to do it in the bed now, she used to jump off herself before doing it.
your cat needs an upgrade.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
no, you only pay tax on what you gained. Say you invest 100 and get 1,000, you get taxed on 900. However it will be at your top tax bracket.

Oh so you don't get taxed on the whole amount? That's not as bad then. Come to think of it, I usually get a form in the mail I have to give to my tax person at tax time, is that the capital gains tax, or is that something else? If that's what it is, then it does not make that big of a dent since I still get money back at tax time. Though I will have to be careful if I decide to cash in a huge chunk, I will probably be better off cashing in a bit at a time over the years.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I have a feeling it sold, they sell fast. But if it's meant to be, I will buy this one I think. Seeing lot of 170 acre ones come up gave me a taste for the idea that this much land is actually obtainable, but in all reality, 40 acres is plenty.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Oh so you don't get taxed on the whole amount? That's not as bad then. Come to think of it, I usually get a form in the mail I have to give to my tax person at tax time, is that the capital gains tax, or is that something else? If that's what it is, then it does not make that big of a dent since I still get money back at tax time. Though I will have to be careful if I decide to cash in a huge chunk, I will probably be better off cashing in a bit at a time over the years.
It's amazing that you don't know how taxes work and can't be bothered to google.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
It's amazing that you don't know how taxes work and can't be bothered to google.

I'm not an accountant, that shit is complicated, even google won't help me there. You can google how nuclear reactors work but it's not enough to understand it enough to actually manage one.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I'm not an accountant, that shit is complicated, even google won't help me there. You can google how nuclear reactors work but it's not enough to understand it enough to actually manage one.

Err, taxes are very simple... But then I used to run a system for 400B real estate portfolio.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I have had Revenue Canada disallow a deduction, wrote them a letter and got it reinstated.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
wtfbbq my phone battery is reporting temperature of 0 C... so it won't charge.
Pressed on the phone where the battery connection is. Bam, I got temp again and now it is charging :p