++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 5050 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wow they finally stopped bugging me about that circuit trouble. Could not find any techs to go out and they kept trying to escalate. There's nowhere to escalate to, if they can't go, they can't go.

If something is that important, they should have redundancy. Does not help that all the techs are retiring and arn't being replaced due to cost saving BS. Soon there won't be anybody left to go on these night troubles.

Reactions: MongGrel

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
fuck I need to top out the ram on this box. 24 is not enough to do HADOOP cluster simulation.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Hortonworks Sandbox is great, even better than I can conver it from vm to hyper-v with little fuzz

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I had to convert that to pounds. Which made me realize, why don't we use metric for weights anyway?

I'm at around 72kilos or 160lbs. I have not weighed myself in a while though so might be off. I tend to hover around 150-160. A few months back I hit 170 because I got some weird stomac issue that made me perpetually starving. Down a jumbo size poutine and still hungry 15 minutes later. That was the weirdest thing ever... and expensive. I was eating like 5+ meals per day. By the time I got to see a doctor it had stopped on it's own. Based on description they figured it was probably heart burn, but that seems odd.

Speaking of weight, I need to start lifting again, I kinda fell off the wagon. I'll be off after this shift, think I'll get back into the routine again. I really need to do something about my eating health too, I eat badly too. It's hard to eat healthy when you live alone. Unhealthy foods happen to be more convenient. Lot of processed crap and what not. If I was rich I'd just hire a chef and nutritionist to prep me healthy meals for the month. :p

Reactions: MongGrel