++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 436 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
From Bricks to Billboards, from grams to Grammys
The O's to opposite, Orphan Annie
You gotta pardon Jay, for sellin out the Garden in a day
I'm like a young Marvin in his hey'
I'm a hustler homey, you a customer crony
Got some, dirt on my shoulder, could you brush it off for me?

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
If I knew how to to just throw $500 and end up with $3000 in about 3 months I would be bidding on this Maybach:

fQI1p.jpg

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Actually, reading their instructions shows that their backplate (which I am not using) extends a mount through each of the holes to the hex pieces wouldn't touch the board. I don't want to use their backplate so I will have to use some washers or something. I think I have some.

Even if the accepting boss' length exceeds the pcb overall thickness and there is partial protrusion this certainly does not exempt the use of impingement protection! Even a simple fiber washer is better than nothing! Just because you wrench it down and it bottoms on the boss does not mean the pcb is adequately protected. The traces are very thin and resist is not a physical barrier to impinging mounting hardware. This kind of of damage is 99% fatal to the motherboard and never covered under warranty.

It's always better to be safe than sorry. ;)

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
It's keeping your boat afloat.

I don't have a boat, but buoyancy is what keeps vessels afloat. :p
Even dumber are smart phones. But the lithium batteries make neat noises and flames when you drill holes in them and toss them in water. :awe: