++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 398 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I generally agree with most who state that at best, it will probably fall short of the 2600K on anything requiring 4 cores or less and on anything requiring 5 to 8, it will meet or exceed it. Some guys in the CPU forum are claiming that BD isn't really 8 cores but is 8 threads (more like HT than truly having 8 cores) and its heavily multithreaded performance may come in even below the 2600K's. I don't know if that's true or not (I've not read enough about the architectures to know), but I have to believe that AMD's constant delays don't paint a pretty picture.

don't care til it is really out and tested in the wild. Vapourware has always existed.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
I don't like this whole concept of sticking bonus tracks onto albums so that only some CD's have the full thing. It's quite aggravating.

Case in point: I own a copy of Lust Stained Despair, by Poisonblack, with 11 tracks. Track 12 was only available on limited edition copies, and track 12 turns out to be excellent.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
As for CPU's, I'll pretty much only buy Intel, but that does not stop me from advising others to at least consider AMD products.