++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 390 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Predictably, no parking at the school, I waited in the parking lot for almost 90 minutes (thankfully I had a book with me), and, after missing an entire class and the start of the next, gave up and went home.

I'm highly tempted to write an email to parking services about how badly they've fucked this all up.

Public transportation FTW. (or a bicycle)

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
The rain in Spain used to fall chiefly in the plain.
Now it falls, fills the gables and floods the galleys to the tables.
The old man slips and falls, cutting off his dick and balls.
Now he cannot properly drain his main vein.
And dies because the rain stopped falling...in the plain!

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
JGASJDFLJALSDFALSDF

Dear friendly neffers,

For the last time, I say this to thee. I reside in New England, a land where the first snowfall comes as early as October, a land where the temperature will spend weeks on end never getting above 40 F, a land where fresh ice coats everything each morning and evening. Following the preceding statements, a bicycle, a moped, a motorcycle, and any other form of non-enclosed transportation is NOT an option.

With regards to public transportation, I live in a small suburban town of 30k, and travel to a rusted out shell of a city just under 100k in population. There are no trains, subways, or even bus routes connecting anything remotely close to my home to the school. Therefore, public transportation is not a valid option.

The only viable method to travel between home and school is by car. Nothing else works.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
JGASJDFLJALSDFALSDF

Dear friendly neffers,

For the last time, I say this to thee. I reside in New England, a land where the first snowfall comes as early as October, a land where the temperature will spend weeks on end never getting above 40 F, a land where fresh ice coats everything each morning and evening. Following the preceding statements, a bicycle, a moped, a motorcycle, and any other form of non-enclosed transportation is NOT an option.

With regards to public transportation, I live in a small suburban town of 30k, and travel to a rusted out shell of a city just under 100k in population. There are no trains, subways, or even bus routes connecting anything remotely close to my home to the school. Therefore, public transportation is not a valid option.

The only viable method to travel between home and school is by car. Nothing else works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw5kH7civTo

:biggrin:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
motf i think you need a moped. Upgrade the tires and get a pea coat

Bring your moped up here in January and let me know how well that works out for you. If you make it through a few weeks of twenty miles per day without frostbite, cold, flu, road rash, or broken bones, you win.

:p

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Web cache/SAN FTW! I have a TINY pipe compared to you guys and these previously watched videos load instantly! :biggrin:

Bring your moped up here in January and let me know how well that works out for you. If you make it through a few weeks of twenty miles per day without frostbite, cold, flu, road rash, or broken bones, you win.

I grew up in harsher climates and did see people driving scooters on ice donning skis on each foot! It works!

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Web cache/SAN FTW! I have a TINY pipe compared to you guys and these previously watched videos load instantly! :biggrin:[/quote]

Having all the bandwidth in the world doesn't help if YouTube is hanging on their end like it's been doing for weeks. I've checked my end, everything is healthy and happy.

I grew up in harsher climates and did see people driving scooters on ice donning skis on each foot! It works!

Then, my dear Ruby, you grew up with a bunch of crazy people. :D

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005

I fucking hate the cold. ANything below freezing sucks. I can't smoke my monthly cigar. It's bullshit.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Besides, I just bought myself a very nice and rather expensive car.

And we are avoiding the actual problem - the school needs more parking. Pave the freaking athletics fields. For a fourth-rate state school with more than 50% commuter students, athletics are NOTHING. We are not D1, we will not ever get money from an athletics program, but we are pouring out money to maintain the fields, and still don't have enough parking by half. Academics > athletics.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
We have three soccer fields. THREE! There aren't even residence halls on this campus to say it can be used for recreational purposes of intramurals. Nobody lives on this campus. One field is sufficient. Voila, I just found another 400-500 parking spaces.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
And they can't claim they aren't getting enough money either.

Interlude: they claim to have a 14:1 student:faculty ratio.

That is a blatant lie.

Rubycon

Madame President
Aug 10, 2005
Park on the street. Do they use electronic meters? Just scan a ticket and reprint with updated info if you don't want to pay. ;)

:eek:

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
We have somewhere around 6000 commuters, so they're bringing in about a million dollars a year for parking fees.

Oh, yeah, 6000 commuters, split between two campuses, but there's probably 800 spaces in this campus' parking lot.