++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 3752 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Painful morning.

I stepped off of the loading dock at work(I work at Portland State University's mail room)..about 4 1/2 feet straight down onto the pavement.
I was walking backwards,about to grab one of the carts full of mail & packages that the post office had just dropped off.

(Basically,imagine stepping off a ladder,and missing a couple of rungs as you step down..that's how I fell.Straight vertically down.)

Twisted my right ankle (still hurts a little bit,even though this happened about 4 hours ago..maybe 8:20 AM or so.)

This wasn't a traction issue..(I don't think wearing my Whites boots would've helped,since I just misstepped.)

You are lucky you are not dead.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
$120 for a stupid keyboard? I'll keep my cheap one with the small backspace key and delete key in the wrong place.

eh, mechanical with USB 3.0 pass through and 64 n-key rollover, if you type a LOT of the time it's worth it, just from a comfort standpoint. Also this thing is built like a tank, seems like it will last awhile.

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Its a really hard job. but they make good money.

F yea it's a hard job. I have no idea how those guys make it through Christmas without offing themselves. I bitch but I understand.

If I need something on a life or death deadline, I have it shipped fedex to work. They come by at least twice a day and more when we have a lot of shipments going out. We get a bit of special treatment from them since we spend so much (it's a stupid number) with them a month. So I know 100% our driver won't miss a package.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
F yea it's a hard job. I have no idea how those guys make it through Christmas without offing themselves. I bitch but I understand.

If I need something on a life or death deadline, I have it shipped fedex to work. They come by at least twice a day and more when we have a lot of shipments going out. We get a bit of special treatment from them since we spend so much (it's a stupid number) with them a month. So I know 100% our driver won't miss a package.

two words: SADR account.