++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 332 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
So let's say I build an i7 rig. What is the possibility I can uninstall the drivers off my current OS image, pop that drive on the i7 board, and have it boot into Windows successfully so I can reinstall the drivers?

I'm going with close to zero. I think you'll have an easier task, and take less time, to just fresh format. Why do you care so much to keep your current OS install? It doesn't take all that long. Download your essential programs and drivers before reformat, put them on a USB drive, pull your userdata folders, put them on an external drive or server, do the reformat, put it all back together. Once userdata is in, it will feel almost exactly like the previous OS.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm going with close to zero. I think you'll have an easier task, and take less time, to just fresh format. Why do you care so much to keep your current OS install? It doesn't take all that long. Download your essential programs and drivers before reformat, put them on a USB drive, pull your userdata folders, put them on an external drive or server, do the reformat, put it all back together. Once userdata is in, it will feel almost exactly like the previous OS.

Because I'm lazy. :D

I ordered the PS tonight. I couldn't pass that sale up so now I have the RAM, SSD, and power supply. I just need a board, CPU, and drive(s) and I'm set.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
So let's say I build an i7 rig. What is the possibility I can uninstall the drivers off my current OS image, pop that drive on the i7 board, and have it boot into Windows successfully so I can reinstall the drivers?

3 more weeks :biggrin:

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
Because with the exception of academics, I'm quite functional on my own. I'm good at figuring out finances*, I want to move out/live on my own, I have reasonably good time management, and a very good work ethic (for work, not school).

My sister is the inverse, so I figure she's more likely to become the failure.

*Speaking of finances, what is a basic rule of personal finances? Underestimate income, overestimate expenditures. I follow that rule. My sister believes in the reverse, even when told her numbers are wrong, she ignores them.

ah, I read it wrong, I assumed you meant you were less concerned that you were going to be spending a long time living in your parents basement, as in it was going to happen but you didn't care. :D

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
img04551.jpg

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
thats ok, lots of good cigars that dont come from cuba, many of them better than a lot of cubans

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
:( nope

I've heard that but I still want to try a real cuban

Probably mouth cancer. You don't inhale cigars ;)

Cuban cigars are certainly good, but overrated I think in general.

I know you aren't supposed to inhale but I like to anyway. D:

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
I guess what I should say is that aside from the novelty of it being a "Cuban Cigar" which is kind of a novelty, or forbidden down in the states, as long as you are smoking a fine cigar you arent going to notice if it is "Cuban" or not so what is the difference?

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
Wow! I inhaled once. Almost puked!

Do have a humidor? What are some of your favorites?

I'm simple, I have a 50 year old humidor that is basically a cedar box with a wet sponge in it, I should upgrade but these days it holds helixes and coronas in it. I like fancy cigars too but I only smoke them about 1 or 2 times a year.

alfa147x

Lifer
Jul 14, 2005
I'm simple, I have a 50 year old humidor that is basically a cedar box with a wet sponge in it, I should upgrade but these days it holds helixes and coronas in it. I like fancy cigars too but I only smoke them about 1 or 2 times a year.

ah. I'm a big Tarono and Padron fan