++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 2898 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
Just moved my laser printer from the basement up to the spare bedroom. The thing weighs 75 pounds. 6 months ago I would've barely been able to carry the thing. But since I've been working as a preloader, I can practically lift the thing over my head. :awe:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well that was fun, I went to my parents' house and helped my mom install a new over the range microwave. My dad was at work and we finished it before he got back. He's pretty happy since they've been without a microwave for weeks.

Was quite tricky trying to get the top screws to align though. Made a template but it still did not line up the first time since I did not componsate for the mounting bracket thickness. Had to be dead on with no more than maybe 1mm of play.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well that was fun, I went to my parents' house and helped my mom install a new over the range microwave. My dad was at work and we finished it before he got back. He's pretty happy since they've been without a microwave for weeks.

Was quite tricky trying to get the top screws to align though. Made a template but it still did not line up the first time since I did not componsate for the mounting bracket thickness. Had to be dead on with no more than maybe 1mm of play.

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Doh, I started putting together my battery rack, and realized that the last minute changes to the plan, of slightly reducing it's width, has resulted in each shelf only being able to support 2 batteries, not 4. Technically 4 will fit, but it will be physically impossible to actually put them in. Maybe I'll be able to, but I don't think I will. Once it's actually built I'll be able to try for sure. Hoping to finish that tomorrow.