++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 2799 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
One of my mouse traps kept giving phantom trip alarms forcing me to go in the attic to check only to find they were all set. Think with heat expansion/contraction it's causing some resistance, as it relies on the spring force on the lever to complete the NC loop.

Swapped out the 10k pull down resistors with 100k. That aught to do it. :biggrin:

In other news, have not caught a mouse since last fall. I think I may have found where they were coming in.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
One of my mouse traps kept giving phantom trip alarms forcing me to go in the attic to check only to find they were all set. Think with heat expansion/contraction it's causing some resistance, as it relies on the spring force on the lever to complete the NC loop.

Swapped out the 10k pull down resistors with 100k. That aught to do it. :biggrin:

In other news, have not caught a mouse since last fall. I think I may have found where they were coming in.

Mixolydian

Lifer
Nov 7, 2011
gilramirez.net
we used to have mice. not in for over 15 years though. found the hole where they were getting in and sealed it up. Of course since then we had a cat, so it wouldn't be much of a problem anyway. :p

BTW RS, i like the new sig...sometimes people judge me and I, them. So does that cancel out or something?

eldorado99

Lifer
Feb 16, 2004
120923.png