++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 1990 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
fuuuuck

just realized that I forgot to buy lunch when I was at the deli this morning on my way to work.

not sure wtf will be open around here to grab lunch at. the neighborhood around my office is a ghost town on weekends (but there's pretty much no parking at any of the places I could drive to)

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
fuuuuck

just realized that I forgot to buy lunch when I was at the deli this morning on my way to work.

not sure wtf will be open around here to grab lunch at. the neighborhood around my office is a ghost town on weekends (but there's pretty much no parking at any of the places I could drive to)

Twigs and berries?

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
fuuuuck

Doh! No vending machines at work???

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
best I could do out of the vending machine is a bag of popcorn or poptarts.

I guess I could walk to the grocery store, but my options there will probably be limited to frozen dinners since they don't stock their prepared foods section on the weekend.

better than nothing I guess!

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
ugh. hotpockets.

going hungry might have been a better option.

but the only other things at the grocery store were fancy vegetarian sandwiches with fake meat.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I'm freezing my ass off :(

my office is usually super hot on weekends, because they turn the AC off on Friday night and leave it down until Monday morning, so I came to work today prepared for the heat (shorts, flip-flops, light t-shirt)... and of course, today ends up being the only weekend ever that they let the AC run.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I don't think my coworker has any idea how uncomfortable he makes me... I'm not his boss (or supervisor), he shouldn't be asking me to give him performance reviews; I'm not getting paid for that shit, I just want to come to work, do my job, and go home.