ATOT Moderators

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
31,203
45
91
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
Originally posted by: PlasmaBomb
Damn Noob.

My Forums -> Latest News ->

Elected Mods Operational, and New Social Forum Mods
Hi Everyone,

This is an update to let you know that (most) of the new moderators are now capable of moderation in their respective forums. They have new user titles as well, so please keep an eye out for them. We have also appointed new moderators for the Social forums. These we have selected based on their ability to be helpful active members of the community. Here is a list of all the new moderators that are going online today:

* Markfw900
* lopri
* BFG10K
* n7
* jonnyGURU
* aigomorla
* jpeyton
* ScottMac
* corkyg
* MarcVenice
* Rubycon
* Narse
* fuzzybabybunny
* pm
* YOyoYOhowsDAjello
* aphex
* Nothinman
* Markbnj
* KeithTalent
* Queasy
* Fullmetal Chocobo
* Medea
* Karaktu
* RossMAN
* Jokersmoker
* PC Surgeon
* ElFenix
* Fern
* LolaWiz
* Rainsford
* SagaLore
* Koing
* asobel
* Zenmervolt
* FoBoT
* vi_edit
* Eli
* Zim Hosein

You can figure out the elite senior mods on your own.

You just killed the mystery. Do the mods get involved in the debates and things?

Nope.

Yes.
 
S

SlitheryDee

Originally posted by: Sea Moose
holy fuck, Queasy is a mod? I pissed him off good the other day!

Mods don't moderate threads they participate in as normal members. Generally speaking, if you get in a pissing match with a moderator you're pretty well safe from that particular moderator in that particular instance so long as you are arguing on the topic of the thread. I wouldn't recommend just randomly starting shit with a mod though.
 

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
60,865
10
0
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
holy fuck, Queasy is a mod? I pissed him off good the other day!

Mods don't moderate threads they participate in as normal members. Generally speaking, if you get in a pissing match with a moderator you're pretty well safe from that particular moderator in that particular instance so long as you are arguing on the topic of the thread. I wouldn't recommend just randomly starting shit with a mod though.

At least, that is the claim.
 

Sea Moose

Diamond Member
May 12, 2009
6,936
7
76
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
holy fuck, Queasy is a mod? I pissed him off good the other day!

Mods don't moderate threads they participate in as normal members. Generally speaking, if you get in a pissing match with a moderator you're pretty well safe from that particular moderator in that particular instance so long as you are arguing on the topic of the thread. I wouldn't recommend just randomly starting shit with a mod though.

mods have more power than the baby jesus.
 

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
24,512
21
81
Originally posted by: ohtwell
All I know about Mods is that I should be one! ;) :)


: ) Amanda

You're still around! I haven't seen you post in ages! How the hell are you? :)

ZV
 

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
60,865
10
0
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: MotF Bane
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
Originally posted by: Fullmetal Chocobo



Nope.



Oh.... So then they really are gods!

He lies. Look at P&N.
He's right.

They don't get involved as "mods". When they debate they are "members".

My member is a Mod.

You modded your member?
 

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
22,530
13
81
Originally posted by: Zenmervolt
Originally posted by: ohtwell
All I know about Mods is that I should be one! ;) :)


: ) Amanda

You're still around! I haven't seen you post in ages! How the hell are you? :)

ZV
I was thinking the same thing, been a long time Amanda.
 

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
37,558
7
81
They're the rulers of the intertubes.

"What if Mod was one of us...
just a nef like one of us..."
 

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
4,914
0
0
Originally posted by: meltdown75
They're the rulers of the intertubes.

"What if Mod was one of us...
just a nef like one of us..."
"just a Spider, on the bus"? :confused:
 

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
13,819
1,126
126
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
Some say they built the pyramids, others say they invented the magic 8 ball. But what we do know is they hide in the shadows and only appear when you say a swear. But who are these warriors of vice and virtue that can never see the light of day as they believe that grass gives you cancer?

Aww, welcome back.
 

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
44,303
15
81
Originally posted by: Sea Moose
Some say they built the pyramids, others say they invented the magic 8 ball. But what we do know is they hide in the shadows and only appear when you say a swear. But who are these warriors of vice and virtue that can never see the light of day as they believe that grass gives you cancer?

All we know is... They're called The Stig!

Edit: Damn, Zenmervolt beat me to it. I suck.