ATI x1800 XT to be clocked past 600/1400

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gamingphreek

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Ronn and Ackmed need to stop whining. I cannot believe members who have been here as long as you have are taking offense to capitalizing Ass in assume. Grow up and stop trying to cause problems.

-Kevin

nRollo

Banned
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Turtle 1
Originally posted by: Rollo
Originally posted by: g33k
Turtle is Intelia coming back to troll the video forums this time. Poor grammar, wording along with baseless assumptions and accusations give her away.

LOL

The only thing that's missing are the references to "David"!

Links have been posted. Where are your links that show me to be incorrect. My assuptions are based on documentation where as yours are based on what?

I cannot say that I am correct . I am only voicing my opions based off of articles that I have read. What exactly are you basing your opions on . LINKS PLEASE

Who the hell is intelia

What does David think about you getting a new ISP to get back on AT, Intelia/Turtle? Wasting David's money won't win you points with him I'm sure.

He probably doesn't care if we fear Vistas arrival in 2007.

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Gamingphreek
Ronn and Ackmed need to stop whining. I cannot believe members who have been here as long as you have are taking offense to capitalizing Ass in assume. Grow up and stop trying to cause problems.

-Kevin

Even more subtle, very nice one. ;)

Ronin

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
server.counter-strike.net
Originally posted by: keysplayr2003
Originally posted by: Cooler
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=26378

625/1500 is what current Speed is for x1800XT

AT submits that it was slated to be 600/1400. ATI needs to get their numbers higher to try and justify the potentially high price tag this will debut at. MSRP 600.00????

DISCLAIMER: Just a guess. ;)

Based on what I've seen (not to argue with AT at all), I think the card will actually launch at 600/800, but I suppose we'll have to see. The only thing I agree on 100% is that it will be a 16 pipe card.

ronnn

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Ronin

Based on what I've seen (not to argue with AT at all), I think the card will actually launch at 600/800, but I suppose we'll have to see. The only thing I agree on 100% is that it will be a 16 pipe card.

Sounds reasonable to me, now the big question is how will it perform and will we all want avivo with a big screen in our living rooms?

nRollo

Banned
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: ronnn

Sounds reasonable to me, now the big question is how will it perform and will we all want avivo with a big screen in our living rooms?

As far as us "all" wanting AVIVO, when have VIVO functions ever been a significant percentage of video card sales before? Your reasoning for thinking that's the next big trend now is?

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Duvie
Originally posted by: munky
I'm sure I saw this before...

But if Ati can clock it higher and still have acceptable yields, then they probably will, unless somehow the 600mhz x1800 beats the 7800gtx in most benches. IMO, they'll just release a Phantom Edition card clocked at maybe 650-700 mhz that beats the gtx in most cases, and claim to have the fastest card, even if it's nowhere available for sale.

How can anyone respect this??? I would never give the performance title to any company unless when and if they actually deliver the card. If Nvidia can deliver mas 7800GTX's with several working SLI platforms now they are still the leaders regardless if ATI releases a PE version to steal benchmarks by 5-10%...

ATi did exactly this with the X800XT PE on its release. It was months before you could buy one for under $750 on ebay or some gouging Etailer that managed to get just 1 in stock.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Rollo
Originally posted by: ronnn

As far as us "all" wanting AVIVO, when have VIVO functions ever been a significant percentage of video card sales before? Your reasoning for thinking that's the next big trend now is?

HD-VIVO is actually becoming a pretty popular request in the newer gaming rigs ive been building. A lot of people want to game on their 59" 1080i TV, not their 19" LCD.

ZobarStyl

Mar 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Acanthus
ATi did exactly this with the X800XT PE on its release. It was months before you could buy one for under $750 on ebay or some gouging Etailer that managed to get just 1 in stock.
Lies. Turtle had 20 of them the day they came out. There was no shortage. They are not at our airport.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Turtle 1

Every link supports what I have posted . POST LINKS SHOWING I AM WRONG > I HAVE READ MUCH of what you stated as being fact not in this thread . But others . You assert that you know way more than you actually do. I have seen were your a great benefit to this forum . I have also seen where you do much damage to this forum .

If you work on the last. You someday will make a wonderful mod. At the present you are to immature.

If you in fact will read the links posted you will see my assumptions are based off of them . Not my own made up BS. Now it is true that I do not know if those articles are factual . I at no time state them as fact . But there way closer than the madeup BS. That people are posting in this thread with Zero links to back up their assumptions.

Someone wanna ask the mods for a IP check?

The same spelling errors and caps usage as intelia, and the same off on a tangent crap intelia used to post.

dug777

Lifer
Oct 13, 2004
Bwahahaha i love the trolling in this thread...why it isn't locked is beyond me :confused:

And as for Duvie's desire to ever be a mod, i hope hell freezes over before that happens if he's going to make a habit of jumping into threads and trolling/troll baiting..at the very least he should know better :p