ATI 4870

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
If it beats a GTX 260, which is priced at $400 then it's not too high in terms of the market. Of course for consumers it'd be better if it was lower.

epphllps

Jun 21, 2008
hope they get it up on some more US sites soon (actually in stock) and not disappoint us with inflated prices

sourthings

Jan 6, 2008

I am a canuck ;) Notice the diamond is more expensive in US than Canadian, our dollar is about on par anyways though. Diamond is probably more expensive because those are the ones that are going to be in stock today, so will sell out fast.

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Originally posted by: sourthings

I am a canuck ;) Notice the diamond is more expensive in US than Canadian, our dollar is about on par anyways though. Diamond is probably more expensive because those are the ones that are going to be in stock today, so will sell out fast.

Yeah and I just relized even though you can link to thme on the US site you can NOT add them to your shopping cart :(

sourthings

Jan 6, 2008
Originally posted by: JBT
Originally posted by: sourthings

Yeah and I just relized even though you can link to thme on the US site you can NOT add them to your shopping cart :(

Actually my mistake. If you look at the Canadian links, it's the Powercolor that they are getting in stock today. I'm definitely going ATI this round, I want the 4870x2, but think I will get a 4870 for now and give my GF my 8800gtx, then get an X2 when they come out and sell the GTX if I can.

My only gripe with going ATI is I like the warranty and generally decent RMA service from companies like EVGA and BFG. I'm not sure who the best vendor is when going ATI. I think Visiontek is a lifetime warranty ? If not I might wait for an Asus 4870 to come out.

AmberClad

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
I'm pretty sure it's cheaper than that 8800GTS 640MB was, when that was first released :confused:.

sourthings

Jan 6, 2008
Originally posted by: Stabgotham
How reputable is NCIX in the US?

FX Videocards has the 4870 listed for $369.99 which is shocking!

http://fxvideocards.com/Sapphi...-ATI-4870-p-16395.html

NCIX is a solid vendor. The biggest online e-tailor for pc parts in Canada, our version of newegg really. I'm fairly sure the NCIXUS is just the name for their sales to the US. You're still dealing with and receiving the stock from the stores here in Canada.

They are an excellent place to deal with, good RMA service, fast shipping, decent enough customer service.

One thing of note, I'm assuming this is true for US orders as well. Your first time ordering with them, there is usually a delay of 3 days or so for security and verification purposes. After that orders are put in process for shipping as soon as they're placed.

Stabgotham

Jun 25, 2008
3 day waiting period for new customers? WOW! Man, I could drive up there and get it by that time! Hopefully some other US e-tailers will start offering them today. I've already contacted FX about their price and how high it is compared to others thus far. They are looking into it.

C'mon, Newegg...don't let me down!!

Stabgotham

Jun 25, 2008
I hear that....man if I could walk into a Best Buy of a Fry's today and grab one of those off the shelf for that price, I would cream!

Stabgotham

Jun 25, 2008
What's so special about the Visiontek card? I'm new to ATi cards, so is there something I should know?