ATI 4870

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

scapino

Jun 25, 2008
Originally posted by: Kharohz
Originally posted by: scapino
Originally posted by: Gnitepracdlo
Visiontek has the product listed directly on their site to purchase for $299:

http://www.visiontek.com/store...fo.php?products_id=177

I ordered from Best Buy at 2:29 eastern, waiting to get my backordered email then I'll call and canel.

product not found error

They seem to have taken it down. I ordered one, so we'll see what happens!

You and me both... I actually ordered it after they took it down (It was still in my cart)

Hopefully it will go through

I emailed customer support and they claim mine will ship today. I also ordered from one saved in my cart. :p

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001

I ordered from Best Buy at 2:29 eastern, waiting to get my backordered email then I'll call and canel.

product not found error

You and me both... I actually ordered it after they took it down (It was still in my cart)

I emailed customer support and they claim mine will ship today. I also ordered from one saved in my cart. :p

That'd be nice. I ordered yesterday around 3.

Kharohz

Nov 17, 2007
I'll just be glad to retire this voodoo3

Tired of forcing 1:1 pixel mapping on my 22" monitor to support the awe inspiring 1280x1024

Oh, and I'll be able to play games again.

waxking1

Sep 29, 2003
Originally posted by: joshsquall

product not found error

I ordered yesterday also and got an email today that says processing. I would like to see one that says shipped.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: waxking1

product not found error

I ordered yesterday also and got an email today that says processing. I would like to see one that says shipped.

I ordered from Best Buy. Did you guys order straight from VisionTek?

anindrew

Jun 24, 2004
Hi all!

I'm getting ready to build a new system. I really like what I've read about the 4870 cards and plan to buy one. It seems like I'll have to wait for them to be a bit more available in order to get one for the $299.99 price.

What I'm wondering is when the 4870x2 will be released and how much it will be? If it's only going to be $400, then that seems like it would be worth it. If it's going to be well over that, then I'd rather go with my original plan and just get a single 4870. :)

scapino

Jun 25, 2008

product not found error

I ordered from Best Buy. Did you guys order straight from VisionTek?

Yes, for me at least.

EDIT: I just received an order saying that mine shipped.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
I canceled with BB today and ordered the VisionTek from Newegg when it came back in stock. Hopefully I'll get it Wednesday or Thursday.

tylerw13

Aug 9, 2006
i just recieved my 4870 and im going to install now ill let you guys know the difference between my 8800gtx and the 4870!!! yey

waxking1

Sep 29, 2003
Originally posted by: tylerw13
i just recieved my 4870 and im going to install now ill let you guys know the difference between my 8800gtx and the 4870!!! yey

You probably won't see much difference except for maybe Crysis. I've got an 8800 GTS G92 on my 790i MB(E8400) and everything seems to run smooth. I'm putting the 4870 on an ASUS P5E board with my Q9450 and I hope I can tell the difference.

tylerw13

Aug 9, 2006

You probably won't see much difference except for maybe Crysis. I've got an 8800 GTS G92 on my 790i MB(E8400) and everything seems to run smooth. I'm putting the 4870 on an ASUS P5E board with my Q9450 and I hope I can tell the difference.

alot better actually this is my future mark score

http://service.futuremark.com/...d=198890&resultType=19

my gtx got p6300

RamarC

Apr 5, 2004
keep an eye on buy.com. their availability is fluctuating also and their price is $300-$309 with free shipping.

ddarko

Jun 18, 2006
It's really unfortunate to read about such terrible customer support experiences. I just want to add that people should remember that, at least in the U.S., they can sues these bastards in small claims court. In almost all states, small claims doesn't require a lawyer or any elaborate paperwork; you just go and file a very basic statement explaining your problem. If the company chooses to ignore you, you'll win by default. Of course, they can refuse to pay but most of them realize it isn't worth it when you start getting liens on their corporate headquarters and start sending sheriffs to enforce judgment. You'd be surprised how effective the process can be.

BTW, I initially ordered a Sapphire card at Newegg but canceled it after reading about their terrible support. I considered Powercolor b/c I had owned one of their 1900XT cards and it was fine but when I went to their website, it was impossible to find their warranty policy anywhere. Many of their links didn't work, pulling up pages with error messages - at least I think they were error messages b/c they were all in Chinese, which would be fine if I was on the Chinese site but disconcerting when they popped up on their supposedly U.S. English language site. It didn't inspire a lot of confidence. I ended up ordering a Visiontek card when it popped up on Newegg yesterday night.

waxking1

Sep 29, 2003

alot better actually this is my future mark score

http://service.futuremark.com/...d=198890&resultType=19

my gtx got p6300

I'm sure it is a lot better, but I was talking about actually being able to see a difference in the games I play. Most of the ones I've played run smooth on my 8800. Lately, I've played "The Witcher, Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Mass Effect and COD4". I play at 1920 x 1080 and except for Crysis mostly max settings. I didn't really like Crysis that much but I will go back and play it some just to see if its much better.