AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 130 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
They're FOS. Unless you plan on doing the annoying work to get the pamphlets on each char, not sure why you'd care that much, just get them on your main. If a title comes from it later like the other event ones, you'd be able to use it on all. And they could also change the FOS after the event to show up on all.

On positive news, got UPS notice that mine will be delivered tomorrow.

FOS? But true enough that I don't care that much as any title would likely be account wide. More annoyed with the lousy drop rates.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Feat of Strength. Non-tracked achievement that only is present if you've done something to get it, usually during a limited window.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
hit 100 on my warrior last night (and 90 on the alt-account priest I was RAF leveling with), leaving me with my only non-100's being priest (91), hunter (90), DK (90), and demon hunter (n/a, haven't felt compelled to create one)

also have 90 RAF level grants with absolutely no characters to use them on.

still going with my druid for Legion, though. it's hard giving up the ability to fill any role, my only real concern is the amount of effort it may take to keep 3-4 artifacts powered up enough to at least run 5 mans competently.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Also, it appears you have to do all the legion events on each character. The achievement seems account wide but each character has them greyed out after I cleared all six on one character.

my understanding is that you need to go through the whole Broke Shore, Ulduar/Karazhan, etc quest chain on one character. after Legion is actually live, you'll have the option to skip it on your alts.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I also pre-ordered from BB using GCU but I did pick up in store at the location RIGHT next to my work. Says I can pick them up today!!

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Pretty excited for the launch tomorrow though I remember being far more excited for prior expansion releases. I do have higher hopes for Legion compared to WoD and MoP. Guess it is all part of getting old.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I am so pissed at Best Buy right now. I bought gamers club unlocked partly because of this game and now they tell me this 12 hours before launch.

ef9s6Sk.jpg

Septermber 26th?! A MONTH AWAY?! ARE YOU F#$%^ING SERIOUS BEST BUY?!?!

Last edited:

Rebel_L

Nov 9, 2009
Does anyone know if the artifact quests are different for the different weapons? I have always played my pally as prot, but the ashbringer would make for a better quest series if its different. How easy is it to get the other artifacts after you choose your first?

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
Took the day off for launch tomorrow :)

Just bought a Razer Naga Chroma....holy spit this mouse is awesome. Anyone else try the Naga yet?

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
I am so pissed at Best Buy right now. I bought gamers club unlocked partly because of this game and now they tell me this 12 hours before launch.

ef9s6Sk.jpg

Just check local stores and see if they have extras (likely).

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Does anyone know if the artifact quests are different for the different weapons? I have always played my pally as prot, but the ashbringer would make for a better quest series if its different. How easy is it to get the other artifacts after you choose your first?
I believe there's a different quest for each, but after 102 you can easily pick up all the artifacts for each spec.

it's supposed to be pretty easy to keep 2 artifacts close to the same level, though I haven't seen the math on 3 or 4 artifacts.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Should I give up enchanting for herbalism? Trying to bank up on the early dark moon card buyers with my inscript..

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
I believe there's a different quest for each, but after 102 you can easily pick up all the artifacts for each spec.

it's supposed to be pretty easy to keep 2 artifacts close to the same level, though I haven't seen the math on 3 or 4 artifacts.

After you do the initial questline to get the artifact weapons, upgrading them is identical. You get point upgrades to actually go through the menu of upgrade abilities and you find drops (gems etc) that upgrade the iLevel and give little ability boosts - these drops are green, blue, and epic quality (I haven't seen a legendary one).

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
the classic CE seems like it was the only one that was truly rare.

I still kick myself for not buying that when it came out. :( I ended up buying the Legion CE from Best Buy, and it was delivered on Saturday. Although, I can say that I don't really have much desire to even play, and this will probably be the first expansion where I just upgrade a single account and only play until I get to the "end".

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
At least in patiently waiting for the boxed version, there were a few bonus items in the box. Jaina for HotS, a deck of cards for Hearthstone and a notepad! Yay!

Punched in my code a little bit ago and I am Legion ready.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003

ef9s6Sk.jpg

Man, I would be pissed.

That said, if this expansion is anything like the last few... the CE will not be that rare and should be fairly easy to obtain.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
not counting those with small amounts, have probably 3000 extra shards, anything to do with them?

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
you might as well just quit altogether now, there will be no flying in Legion at the start, and it will come later by way of a similar meta achievement

I will give this a try. If they don't put it in soon then I will just unsub until it is.

What class are you playing? I have a 100 Warlock and Guardian Druid. I transferred my DK and plan on leveling it. I have thought about leveling a Mage and a DH then leaving it at that.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Man, I would be pissed.

That said, if this expansion is anything like the last few... the CE will not be that rare and should be fairly easy to obtain.

Yeah probably. But I've always bought the hardbound CE's since the very first version of the game so it's more of a tradition. (I only wish I hadn't opened it, they're worth like 2 grand!) In any case I got off the phone with Best Buy and they say they're shipping it from the other side of the continental US for reasons and they're shipping it "Standard". So... yeah. Not a month. Just a week! Yay! You'd think they'd make up for dropping the ball with Priority but no. I would cancel the order outright and just pick up one bright and early tomorrow at Walmart if not for the fact that I already paid for Gamers Club Unlocked and paid two thirds of the price with a BB gift card.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
I will give this a try. If they don't put it in soon then I will just unsub until it is.

What class are you playing? I have a 100 Warlock and Guardian Druid. I transferred my DK and plan on leveling it. I have thought about leveling a Mage and a DH then leaving it at that.

no idea, i leave the country tomorrow for 2 weeks ill figure it out when im back