AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 129 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Head to the Barrens and watch what occurs there. Pause 1 and 2 are literally zerget over, finishing so fast if you die during 2 you're likely to lose the kill xp for any mobs left before you can rez. It then becomes a ghost town in 3 as the bio mass heads into the inn to log out.

Man if WoW were real, Azeroth would be f!@#$ed. :p

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Saw that early, was going to write about it later. Basically pre flight, then bailing after phase 2 method is quickest xp. After 60, bailing after 2 is likely to still be quickest, although the margin narrows depending on your class, gear, whether you have epic flight, all the flight points, etc..

Getting up to 60 is fairly insignificant time wise from his results, 60 to 90 nothe much effort for the result. He stopped at 90 on all to just test his results so no details past that.

CrowDog

Golden Member
Jun 7, 2001
I'm on a PVP realm too and I haven't had an issue with ganks since they made all invasions up all the time. No reason to go to the other side of the world to do invasions now.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
that's intense.

I leveled a mage and rogue from mid-80's to 100, and a hunter/priest from 20-30 to 90.

I RAF'd myself a couple weeks ago to dual-box an achievement, and I'm thinking about using the next 4 days to RAF level a warrior and something else (maybe another mage? something ranged with AoE with a short/no CD) to 100.

warrior is currently the only class I've never played, and I'd love to have one just for transmog farming since they can equip every weapon but wands.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I agree with the general sentiment. WoD felt like the best Xpack since after Wrath as far as what shipped. But it was the worst xpack as far as what was supported after. It did not help that Blizzard wanted more money for a game with less content than its predecessors.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I agree with the general sentiment. WoD felt like the best Xpack since after Wrath as far as what shipped. But it was the worst xpack as far as what was supported after. It did not help that Blizzard wanted more money for a game with less content than its predecessors.

Yup it started out great and had a lot of potential. Then about a month in I was just logging in to tend to my farm.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
I resubbed and did invasions to get my Warlock to 100. I went to the new city, Stormshield I think it is, and could not fly to get around. I logged out on my Warlock and logged in on my Druid. The Warlock was easy to play with and learn again but the Druid as a tank has a lot of buttons. I did have two errors, one of which I can't figure out:

The one I got fixed:
The camera angle was directly above me and when I would move it would only look directly down or directly up. The solution was to go from full screen to windowed and back to full screen and the camera fixed.

The one that isn't fixed:
I want to run WoW in 4k but when I leave the game to go to my desktop it hangs at a black screen. I have looked for a solution and nothing. This is the only game that does this out of a couple games that I play in 4k. Blizzard phone support was useless.

Here is what they told me that was full of crap:
My video card drivers weren't up to date (> 3 months old)
WoW does not support 4k (it is an option in the game)
My monitor is a tv set (totally irrelevant as this only limits my fps. again, zero issues on other games)
Check my memory for issues (throw this one out from nowhere)

Evilviking

Jun 2, 2013
I resubbed and did invasions to get my Warlock to 100. I went to the new city, Stormshield I think it is, and could not fly to get around. I logged out on my Warlock and logged in on my Druid. The Warlock was easy to play with and learn again but the Druid as a tank has a lot of buttons. I did have two errors, one of which I can't figure out:

The one I got fixed:
The camera angle was directly above me and when I would move it would only look directly down or directly up. The solution was to go from full screen to windowed and back to full screen and the camera fixed.

The one that isn't fixed:
I want to run WoW in 4k but when I leave the game to go to my desktop it hangs at a black screen. I have looked for a solution and nothing. This is the only game that does this out of a couple games that I play in 4k. Blizzard phone support was useless.

Here is what they told me that was full of crap:
My video card drivers weren't up to date (> 3 months old)
WoW does not support 4k (it is an option in the game)
My monitor is a tv set (totally irrelevant as this only limits my fps. again, zero issues on other games)
Check my memory for issues (throw this one out from nowhere)

4k it's working fine for me. I alt tab in and out to read about specs/rotations.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
4k it's working fine for me. I alt tab in and out to read about specs/rotations.

I have no idea what the issue is. I have tried a few things and it just hangs. It will run in windowed mode at 59.9 and shut down fine. Upon restarting it is at 24 Hz and I have to change it back. When I run it in Fullscreen and at 59.9, it will hang at a black screen upon shutdown from the game every single time.

you cant fly in stormshield unless you get the dreanor flying meta achievement

Yeah, I know. This is why I instantly logged out.

I will be moving some characters to Kargath to play with some friends. More money headed to Blizzard.

Last edited:

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Yup it started out great and had a lot of potential. Then about a month in I was just logging in to tend to my farm.

I've come across a lot of people who really liked the leveling process but Highmaul/End game killed it for them. With the master/personal loot rule changes, I fear the first tier of raiding might do the same thing in Legion.

Also, it appears you have to do all the legion events on each character. The achievement seems account wide but each character has them greyed out after I cleared all six on one character. RNG also hates my paladin and loves my mage alt who I rarely play.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I've come across a lot of people who really liked the leveling process but Highmaul/End game killed it for them. With the master/personal loot rule changes, I fear the first tier of raiding might do the same thing in Legion.

Also, it appears you have to do all the legion events on each character. The achievement seems account wide but each character has them greyed out after I cleared all six on one character. RNG also hates my paladin and loves my mage alt who I rarely play.

Hope not but I'm already going in with the mentality of trying to make gold. I've leveled almost all my toons to 100 with this invasion thing but I'll probably end up back with my druid like I always do. Hard to break up with the character I've played for 12 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001

They're FOS. Unless you plan on doing the annoying work to get the pamphlets on each char, not sure why you'd care that much, just get them on your main. If a title comes from it later like the other event ones, you'd be able to use it on all. And they could also change the FOS after the event to show up on all.

On positive news, got UPS notice that mine will be delivered tomorrow.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
My order is still in the "preparing" stage. F Best Buy and their not accepting my $5 off Gamers Club Unlocked coupon on this thing. Least they could do is ship it on time.