AT World of Warcraft Thread (Warlords, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 111 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
So I'm trying to gear my 705ish (with 741 ring) DK now, but every group I know of doesn't want to do the lower levels in HFC anymore... :(

WTB legs and hat tier pieces!

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
You know what really sucks is getting your 50th shard off the Lich King. Then you get your Shadowmourne, but you STILL have to go back away, to kill the lich king again for your swag bag.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Posted in the hearthstone thread about another cross game promotion that gives you a new mount in WoW.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Not sure, it looked different to me when I was glancing through the news so maybe but thought it was a new one. Guess I need to check on it later.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Probably not. Although it isn't the time sink to get anywhere that it used to be. Gone are the days of waiting an hour or so trying to get a group together in Trade chat.

Peppered

Jul 3, 2009
k thanks I just don't know if i don't care top play games anymore or what but i got tired of playing the Witcher and fallout 4. Thought maybe not have some one to group with or chat with when playing a game may have been what was making the difference.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm a long time player coming back to Warlords and going to be playing legion. Are there any catch-up guides on what needs to be done while leveling? The last time I raided was ICC, I played mists but only did 5 mans so almost nothing accomplished from 85-90.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Everything pre warlords is irrelevant, take the quest to draenor and start your garrison and shipyard when it comes up both of these lead to opening tanaan jungle, follow the quest trails, you will be 100 by the time you do 3 zones and should have tanaan jungle opened up by then, grind in tanaan for a couple months to get flying rep and 710'ish item level.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
Hey guys,

I'm a long time player coming back to Warlords and going to be playing legion. Are there any catch-up guides on what needs to be done while leveling? The last time I raided was ICC, I played mists but only did 5 mans so almost nothing accomplished from 85-90.

http://www.wowhead.com/news=248128/gearing-up-in-6-2-and-hitting-ilvl-650-for-hellfire-citadel-lfr

Not mentioned is pvp gear which is very good since there are no pvp stats anymore. They separate pvp and pve dps based on procs set bonuses, trinkets, and legendary ring now.

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/world-events/pvp/comprehensive-ashran-guide
Ashran is the new pvp "zone", go get the weekly strongbox reward.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Icy Veins having a beta key contest. Now word yet official when it goes from alpha to beta, but you'd expect it to be soon to give it some testing time for a movie date release.

redrider4life4

Jan 23, 2009
Are there any anandtech guilds out there or something that is casual/mature? I'm 31 and play a decent amount, but not trying to lock myself into any raiding nights every single week (have a full time job and a gf). I would like to progress a bit before legion since the last time I played was in wrath doing heroic ICC.

Also play the other Blizzard games D3/Hots/Overwatch, so looking for people that will be involved in those as well.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
less than 2 months now till movie release, and I'm not sure you can even say the game is in beta yet given how many of the systems the devs say they're still working on to get into testing phases.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
less than 2 months now till movie release, and I'm not sure you can even say the game is in beta yet given how many of the systems the devs say they're still working on to get into testing phases.

It's in alpha. My co-worker got access and is playing it.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
ive had access since December its def an alpha

blizz even refers to it as an alpha in blue posts

the expansion will come out this fall/winter, it will not coincide with the movie

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
I wish I had alpha access. Warts and bugs and all. WoD has been played to death and Blizzard killed off the fun I was having on the Nostal server. I need something new.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
It's in alpha. My co-worker got access and is playing it.

Everyone knows it's in alpha. Some though believed that there is no way they'd "dare repeat SoO". And not only have we entered 2016, we've passed the hardline by February date, and looks like we'll easily exceed even a movie co-release.

On the plus side, maybe beta will finally roll out as they're about to publish a patch to have all talent specs finally available.

DarkRipper

Golden Member
Jun 29, 2000
That sucks :(

There's a small but growing faction of folks on my server who have stopped XP gain at 70 and are running BC content.

Phoenix86

Lifer
May 21, 2003
That sucks :(

There's a small but growing faction of folks on my server who have stopped XP gain at 70 and are running BC content.

Sadly this just doesn't really work, with all the talent and skill changes stopping at 70 simply isn't anywhere near the same experience. Nothing is balanced for being lvl 70 vs other classes or even the content. It might be incredibly easy or incredibly hard.