AT World of Warcraft Thread (Legion, Where do you play, General BS and all that)

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Slacker

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Got good suramaritan, broken isles pathfinder part one finished last night, already got all treasures and rares(except two in highmountain) and got my last elite trait for my artifact, also did mythic arcway earlier this week and got a mythic eye of azshara +2 keystone, finished that with ease got m2 titan forged 875 boots, and mythic arcway plus 5 keystone, ran that last night, missed bonus chest by one second.

Enjoying some aspects of the game very much, professions not so much.

Last edited:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Enjoying some aspects of the game very much, professions not so much.
yeah, I've really been disappointed with crafting profs in Legion... ended up dropping alchemy on my main and just going mining/herbalism for a metric shitton of gold.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
yeah, I've really been disappointed with crafting profs in Legion... ended up dropping alchemy on my main and just going mining/herbalism for a metric shitton of gold.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of how the professions don't just give you recipes, and have you work toward better ones. You have to run all over and do stupid quests, and it's not uncommon to have to get a resource from a completely unrelated profession to complete a quest! For example, my Paladin needs to get Foxflower for a blacksmith quest right now. I can't recall a single instance where a blacksmith required herbalism in the past. I really need to send my Monk back to Highmountain to finish that.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Seems patch dropped some serious fubar. Expect a bunch of hotfixes and a probable downtime period for them to roll back some of the economy breaking things.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Meh, Ret nerfs. One might have hoped that some of the broken talents not working in our rows got a fix. Instead we celebrate that they only broke one of our talents that work when they were planning to break two.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Biggest issue due to the patch for me is the quest log full problem. On 2 of my toons, I'm roughly 22/25 quests accepted and I can't pick up more. Some people have reported as low as 20/25.

They added all these quests to do that we didn't have to do before (such as profession quests) which can take time, but left us with the same size quest log capacity. I'm hoping they double it.

Otherwise, pretty good patch I think. The new map options for filtering WQ's are a big plus for me, also seems like there are A LOT more WQ options. I was able to farm 4k or so in OR with how many quests were available.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
there were a couple great unannounced Suramar changes, especially for druids... you can now use cat form/stealth and travel form while under the masquerade buff (you turn into a mana saber). I believe this also applies to Shaman in ghost wolf form.

travel form now also runs at 100% speed, though it doesn't seem to stack with the pathfinder boost so you may want to stick with your mount if you have it.

kicking myself for completely ignoring the Suramar quests up till now... I've got a lot of catching up to do :/ still have yet to run a mythic dungeon too. kind of afraid of trying to find a group as a boomkin without the LFG tool forcing me on a pug.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I completely forgot that you don't have to get honored with every faction anymore as of 7.1 as long as one of your toons has it. I got my Paladin tank to 110, and ended up doing the Stormheim entrance scenario. I did find out that while you can combine the normal quest with its world quest counterpart, the backpack charging one in Stormheim does not combine. It will finish the normal quest first, and then the world quest will pop back up.

I also noticed that after a major patch, the world quest status "resets" and you get three new sets regardless of how many you had before.

kicking myself for completely ignoring the Suramar quests up till now... I've got a lot of catching up to do :/ still have yet to run a mythic dungeon too. kind of afraid of trying to find a group as a boomkin without the LFG tool forcing me on a pug.

One of my guildmates dragged me on a Mythic+4 run of Neltharian's Lair... when I had never run the dungeon at all before. :p At the end, I ended up getting some Mythic+3 keystone, and he told me that groups would literally carry me through the dungeon simply because I was able to access it via the keystone.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
there were a couple great unannounced Suramar changes, especially for druids... you can now use cat form/stealth and travel form while under the masquerade buff (you turn into a mana saber). I believe this also applies to Shaman in ghost wolf form.

travel form now also runs at 100% speed, though it doesn't seem to stack with the pathfinder boost so you may want to stick with your mount if you have it.

Suramar has a great quest chain but sadly it's gated behind so grating levels of rep that it sucked a lot of the joy out of it for me. The good news is that after getting exalted with them I now have pathfinder which brought my mount speed on the pally and dk from 220% to a staggering 240% and everyone else from 210% to 220%. It didn't work with Paladins and Death Knights initially, which makes me super happy that they took the time to fix it this time instead of just leaving it as is like they did with the tier 3 stables bonus in WoD.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Biggest issue due to the patch for me is the quest log full problem. On 2 of my toons, I'm roughly 22/25 quests accepted and I can't pick up more. Some people have reported as low as 20/25.

They added all these quests to do that we didn't have to do before (such as profession quests) which can take time, but left us with the same size quest log capacity. I'm hoping they double it.

Otherwise, pretty good patch I think. The new map options for filtering WQ's are a big plus for me, also seems like there are A LOT more WQ options. I was able to farm 4k or so in OR with how many quests were available.

Yes, yes, and yes. they really need to fix the quest log issues ASAP.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Suramar has a great quest chain but sadly it's gated behind so grating levels of rep that it sucked a lot of the joy out of it for me.
yeah, I was surprised they didn't nerf the exalted requirement for 7.1... kinda sucks that you can't do any of the new quests until you grind your way to exalted.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
A whine: I decided to level up a healer so that maybe I could someday actually experience mythics. Got my druid to 110 this weekend, so yay! I decided to start by knocking out some world quests. My second emissary cache on the character, and what do I see? My first legendary?! Awesome!

Except I had been grinding in feral and had neglected to set my loot spec to resto. My shiny new legendary's ability is completely useless for a healer. I suppose a nice, high ilvl belt isn't the worst the worst thing in the world, but total facepalm.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
A whine: I decided to level up a healer so that maybe I could someday actually experience mythics. Got my druid to 110 this weekend, so yay! I decided to start by knocking out some world quests. My second emissary cache on the character, and what do I see? My first legendary?! Awesome!

Except I had been grinding in feral and had neglected to set my loot spec to resto. My shiny new legendary's ability is completely useless for a healer. I suppose a nice, high ilvl belt isn't the worst the worst thing in the world, but total facepalm.

Wow I've done tons of emissary quests and not seen a legendary.

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001

Yeah, I'm getting a bit paranoid about what my loot spec is set to, especially as I'm working on tank, boom and resto (cat only for questing now and no artifact points go towards it). Only gotten burned a couple of times. A lot of gear while not optimal, is an upgrade just because of ilvl.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
yet to get a legendary on my Druid who hit 110 about 1.5 weeks after the expansion dropped... I do the emissary cache quests every day, LFR every week, and run heroics whenever I have quests for them.

speaking of... anyone know if there's a decent offline way of putting together groups for mythics? I really want to try them out (and at this point, I've got at least one quest in my logs for each one), but I rarely have more than an hour at a time to play. by the time I login, get to the dungeon entrance, and try to find a group via the group finder, it's already taken like half an hour and I won't have time to complete the instance.

feels like there should be a way to schedule groups offline, login, and immediately have 4 other players ready to go.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
yet to get a legendary on my Druid who hit 110 about 1.5 weeks after the expansion dropped... I do the emissary cache quests every day, LFR every week, and run heroics whenever I have quests for them.

speaking of... anyone know if there's a decent offline way of putting together groups for mythics? I really want to try them out (and at this point, I've got at least one quest in my logs for each one), but I rarely have more than an hour at a time to play. by the time I login, get to the dungeon entrance, and try to find a group via the group finder, it's already taken like half an hour and I won't have time to complete the instance.

feels like there should be a way to schedule groups offline, login, and immediately have 4 other players ready to go.
Now that you can invite cross realm, we might be able to set something up on here. Only restriction would have to be same faction. I too have 2 mythics I need to do. Pally tank and fire mage dps (wife) on Alliance.

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Wow I've done tons of emissary quests and not seen a legendary.
To be clear, this was my fifth max level character and my first legendary. (I may play too much.) It was only the second cache *for that character*. It wasn't actually extraordinary luck.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Got legendary boots from the emissary bag on my DK. I hardly ever play this alt. XD
What's really sad though is that my alts offspec has a higher ilevel artifact than my main's primary spec I play ten times as much. I sure do miss Wrath Badges for filling in those slots you have bad luck with.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
From my emissary quest.

Got legendary boots from the emissary bag on my DK. I hardly ever play this alt. XD
What's really sad though is that my alts offspec has a higher ilevel artifact than my main's primary spec I play ten times as much. I sure do miss Wrath Badges for filling in those slots you have bad luck with.

Man, seems like everyone is getting them now from that... I skipped the emessary yesterday because I didn't care for the rep for that faction... may go back and do it today!

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Well, if you want to feel better, I have three toons doing world quests, and I haven't seen a legendary yet either. :p Speaking of world quests and specs, I wish Blizzard would stop giving items that aren't for your spec. For example, one quest offered my Paladin an intellect trinket. I figured it had to be a mistake, but nope... I got an intellect trinket upon completion. Someone in my guild said that it was a way to avoid people swapping specs to look for world quests for their spec, but why not just use the existing loot spec system to choose?

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Well, if you want to feel better, I have three toons doing world quests, and I haven't seen a legendary yet either. :p Speaking of world quests and specs, I wish Blizzard would stop giving items that aren't for your spec. For example, one quest offered my Paladin an intellect trinket. I figured it had to be a mistake, but nope... I got an intellect trinket upon completion. Someone in my guild said that it was a way to avoid people swapping specs to look for world quests for their spec, but why not just use the existing loot spec system to choose?
This... also why show me profession quests for professions I do not have??