AT Shot of the Day Thread

Page 112 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Could you imagine the uplift of the quality of photography on the internet if it costs people each time they snapped a photo?
:p
i'd be so broke with my rapid-fire approach to getting good photographs. i took 1600 photos while on vacation :eek: lots of them for stitching into panoramas though.

gradoman

Mar 19, 2007
Caught some bolts from the storm that blew through. It was one of the only times I didn't get soaking wet. Found a nice, sheltered spot for the camera that was a touch too windy (some shake with 15 second exposures) and I had my daughter setup the GoPro on our building. Gotta see about some kind of hood for the GoPro to prevent raindrops from getting on the lens.

_ANT2488_HQ.jpg

G0022787.JPG

G0022945.JPG

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Was waiting for a flight of F-22's to pass by on glide path when this fella landed on a pineapple plant I'm cultivating and the 'ol "never let a good photo op go to waste" principle of photography kicked in.

R3 EF 100-400L II x 1.4 II

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Caught some bolts from the storm that blew through. It was one of the first times I didn't get soaking wet. Found a nice, sheltered spot for the camera that was a touch too windy (some shake with 15 second exposures) and I had my daughter setup the GoPro on our building. Gotta see about some kind of hood for the GoPro to prevent raindrops from getting on the lens.
holy moly those are amazing!

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Had to crop this shot way too much to get it as clean as it should. Defringed it as much as humanely possible and refined edges to the max to get it half way decent. Shot this Laysan Albatross at the Kaena Pt. Bird Refuge. Nasty bumpy ride or a long hike to get there.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Nice clean shots IronWing. If it were me taking those pics, I'd have used a 800mm lens and a doubler @ 1.6 crop to make sure that serpent got nowhere near me.
Sand snakes can’t bite you; they literally don’t have the mouth parts necessary to bite anything as big as a person.

<waits for tweaker2 to pick up a sand snake >

• Haha
Reactions: tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sand snakes can’t bite you; they literally don’t have the mouth parts necessary to bite anything as big as a person.

<waits for tweaker2 to pick up a sand snake >

I live in a state where there are no native snakes, well except for a snake that looks more like a shiny worm (see attachment). So having to square off with something as big as that sand snake, well I'm gonna look for the nearest exit that can sustain a 10g pullout on afterburners.

Attachments

• mini snake.jpg
    mini snake.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 12