AT Shot of the Day Thread

Page 114 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Lovely colors. :D

Was that taken with Velvia, or was that purely your own post-processing?
Thanks!
I did the post myself in Lightroom. Nothing overly crazy, but it's still pretty impressive just how much Lightroom or another post-processor can do to bring out a photo

Reactions: Saylick

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Returned to Harper's Ferry, but this time from the Loudon Heights view. I took my 35mmDX (50mm effective) and 80-200mm to try them out. Sadly, this was the PERFECT location for my 14-24mm. But hey, the panorama stitching still worked out pretty well.
Used lightroom to help the colors pop a bit more.
1.jpg3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Dragged out my trusty crusty 600L, hung my R3 on it and tried my hand at shooting the blood moon. Out of shooting the blood moon phase of about a hundred shots at various settings, this example was to me one of the more interesting ones in that the stars in the background were visible and round due to the short exposure of 1/2 sec.

Blood Moon - 8.jpg

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
early morning at Hisingsbron (Hisingen Bridge), Gothenburg, Sweden. The raise section is hoisted by massive cables and pulleys on the columns. Pretty cool. It was also windy AF this morning. Almost lost my tripod bag :D

Notice I am standing in a pedestrian lane for people and bikes. Gothenburg has tons of extra lanes for pedestrian traffic, as well as excellent public transport options.

1.jpg

Can't decide which color temperature I like better on the bridge overlook (first one is about 6100k, second is 7800k). Was trying to catch the sunrise, but Gothenburg is notoriously cloudy, especially going into the winter months. Still a really neat overlook. Hoping I can get to the archipelago today or tomorrow for sunset.

2.jpg
3.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Dragged out my trusty crusty 600L, hung my R3 on it and tried my hand at shooting the blood moon. Out of shooting the blood moon phase of about a hundred shots at various settings, this example was to me one of the more interesting ones in that the stars in the background were visible and round due to the short exposure of 1/2 sec.

View attachment 71118
That's no moon!

gradoman

Mar 19, 2007

View attachment 71118

Awesome! I was too lazy to get myself into the mood to get up early and try to capture the moment.

In other news, I finally put in an order for a large print of one of my images. Hope to all that is good it looks good. :D

Reactions: tweaker2

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Awesome! I was too lazy to get myself into the mood to get up early and try to capture the moment.

In other news, I finally put in an order for a large print of one of my images. Hope to all that is good it looks good. :D

Here in Hawaii the blood moon phase started around tenn-ish PM local time so no bloodshot eyes this time around and I ducked back into the house just after the moon passed its zenith where the camera/lens was pointing straight up vertical at the moon at the 12 o'clock position and bumping into the tripod just past zero dark.

I hope the results you're looking for in your print meets your expectations. Kind'a like opening a Christmas present or firing up a killer computer build for the first time don't ya think? ;)

Reactions: gradoman

gradoman

Mar 19, 2007
Here in Hawaii the blood moon phase started around tenn-ish PM local time so no bloodshot eyes this time around and I ducked back into the house just after the moon passed its zenith where the camera/lens was pointing straight up vertical at the moon at the 12 o'clock position and bumping into the tripod just past zero dark.

I hope the results you're looking for in your print meets your expectations. Kind'a like opening a Christmas present or firing up a killer computer build for the first time don't ya think? ;)

So here it is: photo print on Aluminum backing via White Wall ~ $250 with shipping. (3ft x 1ft) First time printing like this -- the only other print I have is a giant poster triptych I helped my daughter make with her bird shots printed by Mpix -- so I can't really judge it against anything, but I am very happy with it.

ANT07510.jpg

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Sunset from one of the islands off the coast of Gothenburg, Sweden.

Hilariously, the battery I had in my camera died on the trip out (and I didn't have a backup battery, like a fool of a took). As the saying goes, the best camera is the one you have on you. Used my cell phone instead - pretty decent between the phone's multi-sensor image fusion and some post processing!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sunset from one of the islands off the coast of Gothenburg, Sweden.

Hilariously, the battery I had in my camera died on the trip out (and I didn't have a backup battery, like a fool of a took). As the saying goes, the best camera is the one you have on you. Used my cell phone instead - pretty decent between the phone's multi-sensor image fusion and some post processing!

View attachment 72687View attachment 72688View attachment 72689

That's a pretty steady hand hold if you were doing that. Very nice mood you captured there.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The northern lights did not disappoint last night, and I'm here in Abisko National Park in Sweden for 10 days. Next week is supposed to have even more activity 😲😎

I envy you that you had the opportunity to capture that image. For me, all I got that even remotely compares with your composition is a screenshot out of the movie "Ghostbusters". Thanks for sharing.