AT Dean Supporters: Break the Bat!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUYAs if ANY of the candidates have real plans to lower spending so we don't have deficits. Infact most already have promised to spend more than the tax increases will bring in:p
CkG

So why try to balance it anyway right? :)

Dems and repugs are both going to spend. It's just a matter of on what. At least the dems don't have illusions about where the money's coming from.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla
Originally posted by: Crimson
bump because I'm going to need a total;)

CkG

Cad,

In the spirit of healing and cooperating.. I have doubled your contribution to Dean.

That's great!!! :D

I do hope I get a total for contributions to dean from this little bat game - because the guys at work and I really really need to know how much we should send Bush at this point.:D

CkG

$15.3 million from 146,000 people. Do the math. Send whatever you and your cheap labor conservative coworkers can afford. Bush will use it to wipe his ass with. :)

I guess dean supporters are getting richer - they are up to about an average of $105 per donation.

But Monsta, you know that isn't the number I'm waiting for - I'm looking for the little bat contribution attempt here at AT;)

CkG

It was $350 on the dot. I'm a compassionate progressive, so I'll even provide you with the donation link for your candidate:

Bush-Orwell 2004

:D

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Well it looks as if the Democratic Voters can't be manipulated into voting for the Parties Darling like the Republicans were back in 2000.

Jan 12, 2003

Dean's campaign is about bringing people back into the political process, not only through fundraising in small amounts from many contributors, but from grassroots campaigning as well. I've done a hell of a lot of local grassroots campaigning in my state and I'd like to think our organization is what's pushed Dean to the top of the primary polls over Clark. Will it almost be impossible for Dean to beat Bush in a southern state? Probably. But it was also almost impossible for him to go from nothing to frontrunner in the matter of 7 months.

...and a loss to Sharpton in SC 7 weeks later :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx

Dean's campaign is about bringing people back into the political process, not only through fundraising in small amounts from many contributors, but from grassroots campaigning as well. I've done a hell of a lot of local grassroots campaigning in my state and I'd like to think our organization is what's pushed Dean to the top of the primary polls over Clark. Will it almost be impossible for Dean to beat Bush in a southern state? Probably. But it was also almost impossible for him to go from nothing to frontrunner in the matter of 7 months.

...and a loss to Sharpton in SC 7 weeks later :)

Ouch - come on now - no reason to rub it in. It's gotta hurt bad enough without having people like us rub it in;)

CkG

Jan 12, 2003

Ouch - come on now - no reason to rub it in. It's gotta hurt bad enough without having people like us rub it in;)

CkG

..just calling them as I see them, sir; we report, they decide :)

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
i am still trying to figure out how he spent 41 million on New Hampshire and Iowa..

population of new hampshire (over age 18) - 890,000
population iowa (over age 18) - 2,100,000

round it up 3,000,000 people in both states...

assume 50% are Democrat, 1,500,000 people targeted for primaries.

that's alot of money to spend for so few voters....
if you scale that spending up to a national level..(250,000,000/2,100,000)*41,000,000 = 4,879,000,000 GADZOOKS! the equivalent of spending 4.8 billion on getting elected...
something isn't right....follow the money.....this has to be the most expensive political failure of all time.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
i am still trying to figure out how he spent 41 million on New Hampshire and Iowa..

if you scale that spending up to a national level..(250,000,000/2,100,000)*41,000,000 = 4,879,000,000 GADZOOKS! the equivalent of spending 4.8 billion on getting elected...
something isn't right....follow the money.....this has to be the most expensive political failure of all time.

Apparently they ran a bunch of expensive TV ads that stunk and he paid a lot of high priced people as Consultants including Trippi who got money for the TV Ads himself.

Should've stuck with the Internet which was working so well. He was duped, what a dissapointment.

It may be too late, he must win in the next round or he is done.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

Imagine all the people he could have fed, or how much health care coverage he could have bought, with that kind of jing...Jimmy Carter could build 4,197 houses with that money. Instead, Dean just ?squandered it away? on his own selfish campaign. This is truly a sad day for America.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
Put me in for $0. And $0.00 from my colleagues at work.

I'll match it and raise it $0.00 canadian.

CkG

I've got about 3 pesos left over from my Mexican vacation. Count me in.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
if he spent 40m between NH and IA, say he spent 20m in IA. There were 100,000 voters in teh caucus. That's 200 dollars per voter!

WHOA!

I wonder if that deli owner he stiffed for about 900 bucks is ever gonna get paid!

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Jadow
if he spent 40m between NH and IA, say he spent 20m in IA. There were 100,000 voters in teh caucus. That's 200 dollars per voter!

WHOA!

I wonder if that deli owner he stiffed for about 900 bucks is ever gonna get paid!

He was recently paid. Just thought I'd let you know before Bowfinger jumps you.:)

CkG

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Dean spent an incredible amount of money...and accomplished remarkable with it...
the sum of money he spent is beyond belief, and i wonder where it all really went.....