AT Dean Supporters: Break the Bat!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
You do understand that by supporting Dean you are ultimately supporting GWB, right?

Shhh - let them think they are doing good;) I'm waiting for their total though...I and some others are going to match it...but the money isn't going to dean. Have a guess where it's going? :D

CkG

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Put me in for $0. And $0.00 from my colleagues at work.

What cracks me up is people thinking that money will help Dean's Campaign. You would have to have MASSIVE funding to help him reach 50% of what Bush has already raised. The best thing Dean drones can do is to start grassroots campaigning.

Is it me or is Dean the WORST Dem candidate ever? I would totally vote for Lieberman if he had a chance because Dean is a satanic crack nugget. If it was Bush vs. Lieberman I would be voting for Lieberman as often as the homeless do for cigarettes in Florida!

Shhh - let them think they are doing good I'm waiting for their total though...I and some others are going to match it...but the money isn't going to dean. Have a guess where it's going?

It so pathetic that you people feel the need to rain on our parade. Dean's campaign is about bringing people back into the political process, not only through fundraising in small amounts from many contributors, but from grassroots campaigning as well. I've done a hell of a lot of local grassroots campaigning in my state and I'd like to think our organization is what's pushed Dean to the top of the primary polls over Clark. Will it almost be impossible for Dean to beat Bush in a southern state? Probably. But it was also almost impossible for him to go from nothing to frontrunner in the matter of 7 months.

So you can sit there at your computers and bash us for putting our money where our mouths are. In fact, I'll provide you with a graphic of the latest Bush vs. Dean national poll to put in the middle of your Dean-hating circle jerk. Shame on us for believing in something positive for the country.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

What cracks me up is people thinking that money will help Dean's Campaign. You would have to have MASSIVE funding to help him reach 50% of what Bush has already raised. The best thing Dean drones can do is to start grassroots campaigning.

Is it me or is Dean the WORST Dem candidate ever? I would totally vote for Lieberman if he had a chance because Dean is a satanic crack nugget. If it was Bush vs. Lieberman I would be voting for Lieberman as often as the homeless do for cigarettes in Florida!

Shhh - let them think they are doing good I'm waiting for their total though...I and some others are going to match it...but the money isn't going to dean. Have a guess where it's going?

It so pathetic that you people feel the need to rain on our parade. Dean's campaign is about bringing people back into the political process, not only through fundraising in small amounts from many contributors, but from grassroots campaigning as well. I've done a hell of a lot of local grassroots campaigning in my state and I'd like to think our organization is what's pushed Dean to the top of the primary polls over Clark. Will it almost be impossible for Dean to beat Bush in a southern state? Probably. But it was also almost impossible for him to go from nothing to frontrunner in the matter of 7 months.

So you can sit there at your computers and bash us for putting our money where our mouths are. In fact, I'll provide you with a graphic of the latest Bush vs. Dean national poll to put in the middle of your Dean-hating circle jerk. Shame on us for believing in something positive for the country.

/me hands Monsta a kleenex.

CkG

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

I have no problems with you believing in fairy tales.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000

I'm with ya, Monsta. Cad and Mill, better zip up. Your insecurity's showing...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: busmaster11

Insecurity is going an meeting dean? Sure...whatever you say.:D

Confidence is often confused with insecurity by my friends on the left.

CkG

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Care to put a friendly wager on the outcome of the election if Dean wins the nomination?

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Insecurity is going an meeting dean? Sure...whatever you say.:D

Confidence is often confused with insecurity by my friends on the left.

CkG

Naw, but I would praise you for your objectivity shown by going to a Dean meeting, but then I know you too well. :D

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Bump for those who want to donate a little more. Twenty minutes ago, the supporters of the Dean campaign made history (again) by beating the Democratic fundraising mark they set last quarter. Looks like it'll end up at $15 million even.

Crimson

Banned
Oct 11, 1999
bump because I'm going to need a total;)

CkG

Cad,

In the spirit of healing and cooperating.. I have doubled your contribution to Dean.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Originally posted by: Mill

Care to put a friendly wager on the outcome of the election if Dean wins the nomination?

No. I don't personally control the state of economic recovery or the amount of terrorist activity at the time. Nor do I control how fickle Americans are...

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Crimson

CkG

Cad,

In the spirit of healing and cooperating.. I have doubled your contribution to Dean.

That's great!!! :D

I do hope I get a total for contributions to dean from this little bat game - because the guys at work and I really really need to know how much we should send Bush at this point.:D

CkG

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000

CkG

Cad,

I do hope I get a total for contributions to dean from this little bat game - because the guys at work and I really really need to know how much we should send Bush at this point.:D

CkG

$15.3 million from 146,000 people. Do the math. Send whatever you and your cheap labor conservative coworkers can afford. Bush will use it to wipe his ass with. :)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

Cad,

CkG

$15.3 million from 146,000 people. Do the math. Send whatever you and your cheap labor conservative coworkers can afford. Bush will use it to wipe his ass with. :)

I guess dean supporters are getting richer - they are up to about an average of $105 per donation.

But Monsta, you know that isn't the number I'm waiting for - I'm looking for the little bat contribution attempt here at AT;)

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

/me hands Monsta a kleenex.

CkG

I knew when I saw CAD as the last reply in this thread he couldn't possibly be contributing to the Dean Campaign or covertly could he be? Why else would you go to a Dean Meeting? I certainly wouldn't go to a Bush meeting.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
I knew when I saw CAD as the last reply in this thread he couldn't possibly be contributing to the Dean Campaign or covertly could he be? Why else would you go to a Dean Meeting? I certainly wouldn't go to a Bush meeting.

Why would I give money to someone who wants to have the gov't take more and more of my earnings?:confused:

CkG

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000

Why would I give money to someone who wants to have the gov't take more and more of my earnings?:confused:

CkG

Right... It's so much better to have your kids deal with the deficit than you... While you're at it you better hope they won't need ss...

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

CkG

Right... It's so much better to have your kids deal with the deficit than you... While you're at it you better hope they won't need ss...

I am not worried if my kids will get ss. I know they wont and I am fairly sure i wont.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

As if ANY of the candidates have real plans to lower spending so we don't have deficits. Infact most already have promised to spend more than the tax increases will bring in:p

Oh, and btw - SS won't be around by the time I get old. I think we should work on fixing it all now instead of later too;)

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

CkG

As if ANY of the candidates have real plans to lower spending so we don't have deficits. Infact most already have promised to spend more than the tax increases will bring in:p

Oh, and btw - SS won't be around by the time I get old. I think we should work on fixing it all now instead of later too;)

CkG

Oh just forget about it already. Bush & Co will never do the "Lock Box" thing. Who needs SS when the people will be long dead before they come around that age anyway since they raise the SS age every year. Won't be long before it's 100 I'm sure so no need to fix anything since there won't be any people eligible after the Baby Boomers knock the account down to nothing as they die off anyway.