Astro A50 Gen 2 Battery Replacement - Need some guidance.

husky3g

Jun 7, 2018
So the battery in my A50s that I've had for 3 years finally died. I replaced the battery and spliced the wires together but they aren't charging now. I'm at a bit of a loss. I originally ordered a two-wire battery replacement from Amazon that was 900mAh but apparently the headset either doesn't like it or it doesn't hold a charge.

I ordered another three wire 800mAh battery from Amazon that should be here Tuesday with power, ground and thermistor and I'm hoping that it fixes the issue. I'm assuming that the headset, by default doesn't like not being able to see or control the temps while powered or charging and prevents the headset from charging. I'm just curious if it's possible to wire the thermistor to the ground or power cable to see if that fixes the issue or not.

I'm very attached to this headset, as you can tell, even though I've already bought a replacement headset for the time being. If I can fix a $300 headset with a $12 battery from Amazon, I will.

husky3g

Jun 7, 2018
Also, I have gotten the headset to power on. When the battery was first installed, the power light came on immediately and the headset stayed on for about 20 minutes before giving me the audible cues it was dying. So the battery at least powers on, and still does, it just immediately says it's dying. The charging light also comes on when plugging a micro USB into the headset, but I left it on charge for well over 24 hours and nada.