Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2

Page 40 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jimmor

Dec 16, 2007
Originally posted by: wineo
Hi all, I've been following this great forum / thread for a while. Anyway I just became a member and I?m having some problems.

I did the cpu volt + bsel mod (e4500) and at 300fsb I?m stable, all except for the blend test that fails after 4-5 hours. The cpu test runs all night and passes.

I run memtest86 all night with stock fsb and it passed. I then run it with 300fsb and it fails on test #7.

I'm at vagp 1.72 + vtt 1.52 atm.

My ddr2 is rated for higher speeds than 300.

I've tried heaps of bios settings you guys recommend but the blend test still fails. I'm going to run memtest tonight again after the board mods and see if it?s still the same test that fails.

Anyway I don't know what else to do.

Before the board mods I was stable at about 285.

I've been testing for the last 5 days and I just don't know what else to try.
The temp is fine for everything.
More vagp? More vtt? (I think I?m already pushing the vtt )

What do you guys think it could be?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want an extreme oc, I?ll be happy with 300.

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome to Anandtech !

Running at 3.3Ghz is excellent for this mobo, however firstly although you list Vtt and Vagp volts levels, you say nothing about the Vcore or Vdram levels you are using ?

Yes, you are pushing Vtt a bit, certainly higher than I would recommend, however increasing Vagp to 1.8-1.9v levels may help resolve your problem ---> the fact that memtest fails at 300 can either mean a memory fault or a chipset/cpu overclocking fault . However if 300 overclock problem is not resolved with Vagp at 1.9v then doubt that lack of Vagp is sole reason for issue ?

Since a 4coredual is not that great when considering Vdroop levels, it could simply be that the 3.3GHz loading is just too much for your particular mobo's Vcore supply ---> meaning even more Vcore may be required ?

And are you still using original Intel heatsink? Although you say temps are fine for running 3.3Ghz, part of your long term testing issues may be that cpu "temps" are not good enough ? For example, my E4400/4coredual setup at 3.2Ghz only ran properly stable after I changed to using a Big Typ 120 VX !

:)

Feb 23, 2008
Originally posted by: jimmor
Hi all, I've been following this great forum / thread for a while. Anyway I just became a member and I?m having some problems.

I did the cpu volt + bsel mod (e4500) and at 300fsb I?m stable, all except for the blend test that fails after 4-5 hours. The cpu test runs all night and passes.

I run memtest86 all night with stock fsb and it passed. I then run it with 300fsb and it fails on test #7.

I've tried heaps of bios settings you guys recommend but the blend test still fails. I'm going to run memtest tonight again after the board mods and see if it?s still the same test that fails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want an extreme oc, I?ll be happy with 300.

Welcome to Anandtech !

Running at 3.3Ghz is excellent for this mobo, however firstly although you list Vtt and Vagp volts levels, you say nothing about the Vcore or Vdram levels you are using ?

Yes, you are pushing Vtt a bit, certainly higher than I would recommend, however increasing Vagp to 1.8-1.9v levels may help resolve your problem ---> the fact that memtest fails at 300 can either mean a memory fault or a chipset/cpu overclocking fault . However if 300 overclock problem is not resolved with Vagp at 1.9v then doubt that lack of Vagp is sole reason for issue ?

Since a 4coredual is not that great when considering Vdroop levels, it could simply be that the 3.3GHz loading is just too much for your particular mobo's Vcore supply ---> meaning even more Vcore may be required ?

And are you still using original Intel heatsink? Although you say temps are fine for running 3.3Ghz, part of your long term testing issues may be that cpu "temps" are not good enough ? For example, my E4400/4coredual setup at 3.2Ghz only ran properly stable after I changed to using a Big Typ 120 VX !

Hi Jimmor,

Thanks for your quick response.
Ok here it goes.

My vcore is 1.41
My vdram is at the standard for my mem 1.8v (I have it set to high but I can't see any difference from norm inside cpuz)
I replaced the stock heatsink with a TR 120XP from my old system with some AS5. My case has 5 fans

Temps are about 60idle - 75max. (Depending on the weather) I even seen them reach 80 when it was a really hot day
Today is a cold day and my core's don't go over 65c-66c while testing, but it still failed before.
Mobo temp (what I?m thinking is NB? in everest) usually sits near 30c - 33c. After this vtt + vagp pump it?s at 41c, I installed a fan over the NB HS before upping the mobo this high.

I didn't want to give my cpu any more volts seeing it was already getting pretty hot. But like it did pass small ft test all night (19h). So I thought it was already enough for 300.

I'm testing right now. But from mem my bios sort of goes like this.

Cpu: everything disabled except for boot guard. Locked pci/agp
Chipset: I tried both inputting most of the ddr latency?s and keeping everything on auto except for the 266.
Dual Chan, 2T
adv option (that pipeline option = enabled)
ddr + agp volts to high
vlink = normal
pci delayed = enabled
drive strength to ultra high or high. I?m only using optical drives on the ide chans (no hdds)

Thats about all the major ones I can remember. I'll report with this if/when it fails, should be pretty soon its reached 5:40h. (keep going baby!)
I though I was pushing it with the vagp (maybe I just got confused)

I think I am pushing the vtt a little; I was trying to follow your recommendation from the other thread. I?ll lower it to 1.5 when this test finishes.
btw nice catch on correctly identifying the vtt voltage.
Also my under my HS it says it?s a pro not ultra
So you say maybe some more vagp might do the trick.
You've just giving me some new hope. I'll try pushing it a little more, starting at 1.80 and going to 1.95.

Think I should be safe going up to 2.00v?
Should the pcie pipeline option be disabled or enabled?
It?s just on auto. I'm running a Leadtek 7800gs agp so didn't think it would matter.

arthurhill

Feb 21, 2008
Hello here

I would like to report my achievements with 4coredual- sata2, E2200 and PC4800 DDR

I got 250FSB stability with 2.5-4-4-10 timings

url=http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=319212]
319212.png
[/url]

and it give me 7000MB/sec READ speed and CPU speed about of Intel E8300.

The real problem of this mobo is memory voltage, if I can get 2,8 -2,9 volts for memory then I can go to 266 and up to 300Mzh FSB 1:1 . It is not enough with 2,7 on high settings in BIOS. Any good ideas how to get 2,8-2,9 for memory for ?????

I tried bsel mod, but it is even slower than 1:1 250FSB, because CPU FSB 266 is only 191 MHz for this memory and if you are doing
video editing-cleaning with neatvideo, FSB of memory is more important than CPU FSB

jimmor

Dec 16, 2007

Welcome to Anandtech !

Hi Jimmor,

Ok here it goes.

My vcore is 1.41
My vdram is at the standard for my mem 1.8v (I have it set to high but I can't see any difference from norm inside cpuz)
I replaced the stock heatsink with a TR 120XP from my old system with some AS5. My case has 5 fans

Temps are about 60idle - 75max. (Depending on the weather) I even seen them reach 80 when it was a really hot day
Today is a cold day and my core's don't go over 65c-66c while testing, but it still failed before.
Mobo temp (what I?m thinking is NB? in everest) usually sits near 30c - 33c. After this vtt + vagp pump it?s at 41c, I installed a fan over the NB HS before upping the mobo this high.

I didn't want to give my cpu any more volts seeing it was already getting pretty hot. But like it did pass small ft test all night (19h). So I thought it was already enough for 300.

Chipset: I tried both inputting most of the ddr latency?s and keeping everything on auto except for the 266.
Dual Chan, 2T
ddr + agp volts to high
vlink = normal
pci delayed = enabled
drive strength to ultra high or high. I?m only using optical drives on the ide chans (no hdds)

Thats about all the major ones I can remember. I'll report with this if/when it fails, should be pretty soon its reached 5:40h. (keep going baby!)

I think I am pushing the vtt a little; I was trying to follow your recommendation from the other thread. I?ll lower it to 1.5 when this test finishes.
You've just giving me some new hope. I'll try pushing it a little more, starting at 1.80 and going to 1.95.

It?s just on auto. I'm running a Leadtek 7800gs agp so didn't think it would matter.

If your E4500 is a 1.325v type (check VID with "core temp"), then 1.41 is a bit low for a stable 3.3GHz overclock ---> allowing for some typical mobo Vdroop, suggest 1.44-1.48v would be more appropriate ?

Your mobo provides memory volts settings of 1.8, 1.9 and 2v. If possible, as a minimum with this mobo, you should generally select the setting which is the next step up from your memory's rating. And it is usually best to set certain memory parameters manually, ie, Dram Freq. at 266, Flexib.- Disabled, Cas - 4, Trp - 4, Tras - 12, Trcd - 4 (of course the cas, trp etc values should be whatever is riight for your particular memory).

Regardless of what heatsink you are now using ---> your 60C idle, and up to 80C load, tells me it isn't working very well ---> that is unless you are living in a 40C tropics area, with the sun shining directly on your PC? Typically you should be looking for Idle in range 35-45, and 3.3Ghz load maybe 50-60ish?

So, whatever the reason for your high temps, it would be a good idea to get them reduced ---> better heatsink and/or better fan on heatsink and/or better case air flow and/or whatever ?

Running with Vagp of 2v should be ok for you. However since you are currently only interested in a 300 overclock, and as previously posted, achieving that result should not require more than 1.9v.

And yes, since you are running a 7800gs agp, just leave pcie pipeline option at bios default.

jimmor

Dec 16, 2007
Originally posted by: arthurhill
Hello here

I would like to report my achievements with 4coredual- sata2, E2200 and PC4800 DDR

319212.png
[/url]

The real problem of this mobo is memory voltage, if I can get 2,8 -2,9 volts for memory then I can go to 266 and up to 300Mzh FSB 1:1 . It is not enough with 2,7 on high settings in BIOS. Any good ideas how to get 2,8-2,9 for memory for ?????

I tried bsel mod, but it is even slower than 1:1 250FSB, because CPU FSB 266 is only 191 MHz for this memory and if you are doing
video editing-cleaning with neatvideo, FSB of memory is more important than CPU FSB

The 4coredual is not an overclockers mobo, which generally means if you want more than the "few" options offered by the bios you must be prepared to do some hard modding as described throughout the posts of this thread.

And if you are determined to stick with DDR1 memory type, then best you aim for somewhere between, fsb 266 (2.92GHz) with DDR1 (200MHz) @ 2-2-2-5 and 300 (3.3GHz) with DDR1 (225) @ 2.5-3-3-6, or better (i'm sure easily achievable with your PC4800) ?

However high overclocks (2.9GHz or above) with this mobo can typically also require Vcore and Vagp hard mods; and maybe even in your case a Vdram hard mod ? With of course the added need for 800 type cpu users to also do the 1066 BSEL mod ?

cpmee

Dec 3, 2007

Do you mean the Thermalright XP120 ? If so, how did you mount it ? You should be getting lower temps than that if mounted properly.

Feb 23, 2008

Welcome to Anandtech !

Hi Jimmor,

Ok here it goes.

My vcore is 1.41

Dual Chan, 2T
ddr + agp volts to high
vlink = normal
pci delayed = enabled

If your E4500 is a 1.325v type (check VID with "core temp"), then 1.41 is a bit low for a stable 3.3GHz overclock ---> allowing for some typical mobo Vdroop, suggest 1.44-1.48v would be more appropriate ?

Your mobo provides memory volts settings of 1.8, 1.9 and 2v. If possible, as a minimum with this mobo, you should generally select the setting which is the next step up from your memory's rating. And it is usually best to set certain memory parameters manually, ie, Dram Freq. at 266, Flexib.- Disabled, Cas - 4, Trp - 4, Tras - 12, Trcd - 4 (of course the cas, trp etc values should be whatever is riight for your particular memory).

Regardless of what heatsink you are now using ---> your 60C idle, and up to 80C load, tells me it isn't working very well ---> that is unless you are living in a 40C tropics area, with the sun shining directly on your PC? Typically you should be looking for Idle in range 35-45, and 3.3Ghz load maybe 50-60ish?

So, whatever the reason for your high temps, it would be a good idea to get them reduced ---> better heatsink and/or better fan on heatsink and/or better case air flow and/or whatever ?

Running with Vagp of 2v should be ok for you. However since you are currently only interested in a 300 overclock, and as previously posted, achieving that result should not require more than 1.9v.

And yes, since you are running a 7800gs agp, just leave pcie pipeline option at bios default.

My e4500 was the 2.5v type. Before the last test I had set the ram up for its default speeds. At the last test I put them to auto, set the pcie to sync and the test went on for just under 8 hours.

I think it was just under stable conditions yest. My temps were 66c all night so it could have been that or maybe it just needs a touch more vagp to be stable.

That day when it went 80c it was at least 40c outside, inside to tell you the truth I don?t know. When I was forced to wake up I ran to the air con and checked the pc. I thought 80c was hot, but still under 85c (shutdown) it should be ok.

But as your saying if it can stop my oc going right then that?s not so good. I?m going to try the vagp now, but regardless I?m going to take your advice and grab a HS or/and Fan. This cpu fans noise sucks anyway, for some reason that quiet cpu function doesn?t work on this fan. When I had the intel stock in it worked. When I had the antec fan in my p4p800 deluxe it worked too.

I gave my old oced system to my bro; he just needs some fans to oc it again. So I?ll give it to him, maybe along with the HS too.

Anyway I?ll let you know of my outcome.

Later Jimmor. :)

Feb 23, 2008
Originally posted by: cpmee

Do you mean the Thermalright XP120 ? If so, how did you mount it ? You should be getting lower temps than that if mounted properly.

Yeah that HS, I would have thought the temps would be lower too. I?m using the same case + fans + Hs from my oced P4 2.8 ? 3.6 and that would only reach about 55c under hot conditions.

I?m using the 775 mount kit. It mounts very securely. I did notice some scratches under the HS but no scratches under the hs cpu area or on the cpu.

I?ve reapplied as5 + reinstalled the hs about 9 times with this system and the temps stay the same.

But as I said the scratches are not on the cpu area otherwise I would have lapped it. Think it still might need a lap? What?s the thinking behind that though? My Antec case stays pretty cool about 30 ? 35.

I just had a look inside my case, it?s a little hard to explain but at the top (UP) of my case is the psu with the fan its fan blowing down onto the cpu (the psu fan is not powerful so I don't really know if it is actually affecting the HS, but it might?

on the left side of the HS there are 2x 80mm fans blowing air out of the case, these are pretty close but I don't know if that is killing the circulation, and on top of the HS there is my 120mm fan.

Feb 23, 2008
I've gave my old system to my bro, along with 512 x 2 of Kingston hyperx pc4000.

I checked the price and it?s still very expensive, $160 per 512 piece.

Would ddr1 be better for this system? Seeing as it won't be running in 1:1, I think?? And how there is only 1g?
Currently I?m just using some cheap Kingston ddr2 ram in this pc but there?s 2 gig worth.

jimmor

Dec 16, 2007

Yeah that HS, I would have thought the temps would be lower too. I?m using the same case + fans + Hs from my oced P4 2.8 ? 3.6 and that would only reach about 55c under hot conditions.

I?m using the 775 mount kit. It mounts very securely. I did notice some scratches under the HS but no scratches under the hs cpu area or on the cpu.

I?ve reapplied as5 + reinstalled the hs about 9 times with this system and the temps stay the same.

But as I said the scratches are not on the cpu area otherwise I would have lapped it. Think it still might need a lap? What?s the thinking behind that though? My Antec case stays pretty cool about 30 ? 35.

I just had a look inside my case, it?s a little hard to explain but at the top (UP) of my case is the psu with the fan its fan blowing down onto the cpu (the psu fan is not powerful so I don't really know if it is actually affecting the HS, but it might?

on the left side of the HS there are 2x 80mm fans blowing air out of the case, these are pretty close but I don't know if that is killing the circulation, and on top of the HS there is my 120mm fan.

Your high cpu temps are definitely an indication that the XP120 setup is not working to an acceptable level?

My experience is that lapping can definitely be a good idea, and maybe the only way to go, where you find either Heatsink or cpu header is anything but flat. I recently got a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme for another computer, and cpu temps were dissapointingly high untill I had lapped the new h/s ---> temps reduced more than 10C. And if you read around you will see that some people gained even more after lapping both cpu and h/s. Of course using a good "high airflow" fan on the heatsink is also necessary for lower load temps?

If a PSU fan is really blowing down onto your cpu then that is completely wrong ---> "all" psu fans should orientated to ONLY expel airflow out the rear of your case ?

The fans on your case should be placed and orientated to cause airflow to be coming in at lower front of case and blowing out at upper rear ---> the main idea being to force a controlled "cool" airflow over m/b, graphics card and cpu. My experience is also that side fan(s) should be pushing air into the case ---> typically directed at graphics/cpu area ?

jimmor

Dec 16, 2007
I've gave my old system to my bro, along with 512 x 2 of Kingston hyperx pc4000.

Would ddr1 be better for this system? Seeing as it won't be running in 1:1, I think?? And how there is only 1g?
Currently I?m just using some cheap Kingston ddr2 ram in this pc but there?s 2 gig worth.

NO !

People wanting "best" from a DDR1 setup would be better served going for a mobo like the Asrock Conro865pe ---> running high 1:1 overclocks is easier. Mind you because this mobo is also not for overclockers, it's very likely that any high overclocking requirements may also need BSEL, Vcore and Vagp mods?

The 4coredual series works better with DDR2 memory. However, very important to also have bios manually set appropriate to whatever DDR2 type you have ?

Which for this "fussy" mobo usually means a bit of trial and error; or maybe just reading around for other peoples bios setting experiences ?

cpmee

Dec 3, 2007

Which model of cheap Kingston ddr2 are you using ? Also what numbers are on the chips ? The trouble with Kingston is that they use so many different makes of chips for the same dimm model number, some are very good and some not so good.

The cheap Adata ddr2 works very well in this system, as does the cheap Geil stuff. A 2gb set is only around $40 now at newegg. Low voltage ddr2 is the key.
Sisoft Sandra says Im getting 5700mb/s bandwidth, which is what most Intel P35 chipsets do.

As for the xp120 sink, something sounds wrong. Maybe the fluid leaked out over time?

lowrider69

Aug 26, 2004
Anybody here try using SpeedFan with this board? I noticed the 12v reading is off from the Bios, SpeedFan shows it as 11.49, Bios shows it as 12.12. Also my 6420 temps are also different in the Bios. Chaulking it up to a SpeedFan bug since my system runs rock solid stable and the BIOS shows all of the voltages being fine. Plus I have a good PSU.

Feb 23, 2008
Your high cpu temps are definitely an indication that the XP120 setup is not working to an acceptable level?

My experience is that lapping can definitely be a good idea, and maybe the only way to go, where you find either Heatsink or cpu header is anything but flat. I recently got a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme for another computer, and cpu temps were dissapointingly high untill I had lapped the new h/s ---> temps reduced more than 10C. And if you read around you will see that some people gained even more after lapping both cpu and h/s. Of course using a good "high airflow" fan on the heatsink is also necessary for lower load temps?

If a PSU fan is really blowing down onto your cpu then that is completely wrong ---> "all" psu fans should orientated to ONLY expel airflow out the rear of your case ?

The fans on your case should be placed and orientated to cause airflow to be coming in at lower front of case and blowing out at upper rear ---> the main idea being to force a controlled "cool" airflow over m/b, graphics card and cpu. My experience is also that side fan(s) should be pushing air into the case ---> typically directed at graphics/cpu area ?

The fans on my case are orientated exactly as you say. Lower front to upper rear + side onto the gfx card / mobo.

The psu fans are weird, all my other psu's are taking are out of the case. But this thermaltake 750w + my other tt 850w have a fan that blows air inside the case. but it does not exactly blow it straight down (or up depending on the orientation of the psu) it sort of blows it down but like through the sides. I don't think it is making any difference, if I put my hand near the cpu hs I cannot fear any air. From what I can remember I could only mount the psu in this direction in this case, because I know I wanted to mount it the other way around (upside down). I?ll try again see if I can mod something.

Jimmor I also have the TR ultra 120 extreme for my gamming rig, it?s a quad core oced to 3.6, with nothing but the best hardware. The temps in that are great like 55c. I'm going to try, 1. Get another fan, 2. Lap hs, 3. Get another hs.

Something happened yest, I reduced the vtt to 1.49, then I tried upping the vagp to 1.9, for some reason it went up to 2.05 (when stuffing around with trial & error), I quickly turned off the pc (under 5 secs of use) and put it down to 1.9. Now I?m ready to start testing. I tried to booting up win and it comes up with an error ntldr not found. (You know that error?) anyway something happened with my sata drive
I?m trying to reinstall win now, when it asks me for the via sata drivers I tell it were to go but when it starts copying files it says it cannot copy viastor.sys(or whatever it?s called). I tried with 2 different floppy disks and 1x fdd + 1x usb fdd. I think I can fix this using other methods but...

Any idea what?s going on??

I cannot smell anything and everything seems fine except the fdd problem. Hope I didn't kill it. :)

Feb 23, 2008

Which model of cheap Kingston ddr2 are you using ? Also what numbers are on the chips ? The trouble with Kingston is that they use so many different makes of chips for the same dimm model number, some are very good and some not so good.

The cheap Adata ddr2 works very well in this system, as does the cheap Geil stuff. A 2gb set is only around $40 now at newegg. Low voltage ddr2 is the key.
Sisoft Sandra says Im getting 5700mb/s bandwidth, which is what most Intel P35 chipsets do.

As for the xp120 sink, something sounds wrong. Maybe the fluid leaked out over time?

My system isn't up at the moment and I don't have the ram box. I think the ram is ok; it?s using the Elpida chips, which I think the good cheap adata use also. I could have got the adata for $5 less but I thought I would go for Kingston.

As I said memtest86 passed all night using stock speeds, well stock after the bsel mod. It only failed memtest86 on test #7 after upping to 300fsb.

From what I?ve read on the net they say test #7 could be referring to the mobo mem banks or something. I still haven?t tested the system after the latest volt mods. Just got to install win64 and see.
I?m also going to install win32 because some people say win64 isn?t as stable as win32 and you have to bring down the speed a little.

cpmee

Dec 3, 2007
Originally posted by: lowrider69
Ive found HWmonitor shows voltages much closer to true than any other program on this board.

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

TMPIN0 is the System Temp, and TMPIN1 seems to be the Cpu Case Temp.

Even that program shows lower 12v readings than my BIOS.

Yes it does, but the bios reading is higher than a VOM meter reading. Thats why I say HWmonitor is closer to true.

lowrider69

Aug 26, 2004
Ive found HWmonitor shows voltages much closer to true than any other program on this board.

Yes it does, but the bios reading is higher than a VOM meter reading. Thats why I say HWmonitor is closer to true.

Really? I heard that software monitoring tools are usually inaccurate and the BIOS readings are more accurate. In fact from what i've been reading on other forums people say both are useless(software being more so) and that a meter is the only way to go.

Edit, o.k. just broke out my meter, 12v was 12.12..bios is dead on. SpeedFan, HWmonitor are off. Glad I did this, peace of mind goes a long way.

Feb 23, 2008

Really? I heard that software monitoring tools are usually inaccurate and the BIOS readings are more accurate. In fact from what i've been reading on other forums people say both are useless(software being more so) and that a meter is the only way to go.

Edit, o.k. just broke out my meter, 12v was 12.12..bios is dead on. SpeedFan, HWmonitor are off. Glad I did this, peace of mind goes a long way.

Every other app says my 12v rail is 11.29, hwmon says it?s about 11.4 and it jumps up to 12.1x. I thought they were all off. Bios should be the most accurate.

arthurhill

Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by: arthurhill
Hello here

319212.png
[/url]

The 4coredual is not an overclockers mobo, which generally means if you want more than the "few" options offered by the bios you must be prepared to do some hard modding as described throughout the posts of this thread.

And if you are determined to stick with DDR1 memory type, then best you aim for somewhere between, fsb 266 (2.92GHz) with DDR1 (200MHz) @ 2-2-2-5 and 300 (3.3GHz) with DDR1 (225) @ 2.5-3-3-6, or better (i'm sure easily achievable with your PC4800) ?

However high overclocks (2.9GHz or above) with this mobo can typically also require Vcore and Vagp hard mods; and maybe even in your case a Vdram hard mod ? With of course the added need for 800 type cpu users to also do the 1066 BSEL mod ?

Many Thanks for words of advice. I should try these techniques.

But also I would like to share information of performance of my system.

So I got following scores in PCMark05 with 250 FBS 1:1 ratio and 2,5-4-4-10 settings, and E2200@2,75Ghz

CPU - 7014 points
Memory - 5336 points

Therefore it would be interesting to know what is PCMarks05 scores with yours 4coredual- sata2 - 3Ghz+ systems and DDR2 memory at low timings settings.

What is performance limit of 4coredual-SATA2 mobo???

Thank you

Feb 23, 2008
HI all,

Just want to say thanks to everyone for their help. :)

I don't know what happened, I didn't touch my HS, My temps have gone down to 60c while doing blend. I think they were about 66c.

I've been stable for 16.2 hrs now. I think I?m stable. YeAH BaBY!!!

I'm at 1.8 vagp. I played around with my bios settings. Only thing that really stands out is I enabled vlink = fast. wierd.

Anyway I?m totally happy. I'll see if I can improve my temps and noise. But I?m done. That was a hell of a 2 weeks.

Thanks again to Jimmor and EvErYoNe for their help

later