Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 + ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA + ASRock 775Dual-VSTA

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 7, 2001
I cannot burn those files with my Willem EProm programmer.
From my reading, unless you have one of the later PCB revisions of the Willem programmer (e.g. PCB 3.5 and later), it will have trouble writing most (or all) EEPROMs above 1Mbit because it cannot reliably support voltages required by these parts (e.g. 6.0v to 6.3V). The bios chip used in this board is 4Mbit.

papas12

Jan 28, 2019
Hello, everyone,

I know I am VERY late to the party here but I need some help.

I have an Asrock 4CoreDual-SATA2 R2.0 motherboard and I want to install a Core 2 Duo E7600 processor and 4 GB DDR2. I know I must update my BIOS (which happens to be 1.70 - the very first version) to at least version 2.20A (the modded version) but quite frankly I don't know how although I went through this topic earlier today.

I have this BIOS version (2.20A) but I read here that I cannot use Asrock's BIOS flash utility since it will not install this version successfully. I also found a link that our friend Hlafordlaes has left here with instructions how to install 2.20A but unfortunately this link does not work anymore. I found AFUWIN 4.40 too but I don't know how to use it, besides I prefer to flash my BIOS in DOS mode. So it seems I am out of options now or maybe I am missing something.

I know that 2.20A can be installed and I am pretty sure it is not that hard but I don't know how and where to start. Any help is deeply appreciated - I really want to see this board running E7600 + 4 GB DDR2.

Thank you very much!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS