Ask fs5 anything thread.... yes anything.

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Still waiting for the answer to my Orange question!
rolleye.gif
:p

hehehe.. sorry missed one!
Nothing in the english language rhymes with orange, although "door hinge" is close :)

Was the color Orange called Orange because of Oranges, or were Oranges called Oranges because of the color Orange?
The color is named after the fruit. text

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
When will the next, new PJ Harvey Album come out??

(Her last one was Stories from the City, Stories from the sea October 2000.)

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
Still waiting for the answer to my Orange question!
rolleye.gif
:p

hehehe.. sorry missed one!
Nothing in the english language rhymes with orange, although "door hinge" is close :)

Was the color Orange called Orange because of Oranges, or were Oranges called Oranges because of the color Orange?
The color is named after the fruit. text

DAMN

You're GOOD! :)

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: thatsright

4th March 2004
Album News
Whilst no official announcements have been made - we hear that the new P J Harvey album can be expected this summer. Our sources also tell us that the album was written, performed and produced by Polly with Head & Polly recording & mixing it. Rob Ellis, a long-time collaborator of Polly's, played drums & percussion on the record. No news yet on an album title but we have managed get information on some of the track titles which include Who The F***?, Shame, The Life And Death of Mr. Badmouth, The Letter and The Pocket Knife amongst others.
We've been told to expect more news shortly, so check back regularly for updates over the coming weeks.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001

4th March 2004
Album News
Whilst no official announcements have been made - we hear that the new P J Harvey album can be expected this summer. Our sources also tell us that the album was written, performed and produced by Polly with Head & Polly recording & mixing it. Rob Ellis, a long-time collaborator of Polly's, played drums & percussion on the record. No news yet on an album title but we have managed get information on some of the track titles which include Who The F***?, Shame, The Life And Death of Mr. Badmouth, The Letter and The Pocket Knife amongst others.
We've been told to expect more news shortly, so check back regularly for updates over the coming weeks.

Sh!t man, I had my doubts but you are better than Google!!! I looked all over goggle for the last few months and any/all info bout a 'New' album was archived from her last CD 3 years ago.

Also, would you mind giving with the link where you got this info? Or would that lessen your aura of greatness??

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Question 2: At auction, what is the highest price ever attained for a piece of U.S. Currency? What is the price realized and what note was it??

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Sh!t man, I had my doubts but you are better than Google!!! I looked all over goggle for the last few months and any/all info bout a 'New' album was archived from her last CD 3 years ago.

Also, would you mind giving with the link where you got this info? Or would that lessen your aura of greatness??

well I got lucky I guess since the new came out just yesterday. It's posted on her site. Text

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: z0mb13
Originally posted by: z0mb13
is darkstar a racist??

:D:D

he's black, I don't think you can call any black person a racist without being called a racists yourself. So at the risk of being called a racist darkstar is not a racist :D

are uuuu surrrreeee??? check out this thread (his posts near the end...)
Doesn't shock me that he's a racist.

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Frosty3799
You didn't put any effort into mine :(

you want a right answer or my own opinion? from google news it seems like he's in favor of it. But politics can be difficult because he has to actually pass something, get it through the other branches of government.
like I said, the best way to find out is to ask the P&N guys which I've done for you.
fixed link

Aharami

Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
why is what we have is never enuff? why is it that i wish for other girls when i already have a beautiful girlfriend i love? and i do love her

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
$20 double eagle gold piece

over a Million

Sorry, I was actually referring to United States Paper Money only, not any coins....

$233,750.00 for a legal tender $500 from 1862 set in fall of 1997

Thanks for the effort, 5. But I don't think this is right. I heard that a note brought almost $1,000,000 at auction for a 'watermelon' note; whatever that is.......??

shuan24

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2003
What about the classic chicken versus egg?

Are zebras white with black stripes or black with white stripes?

:beer:

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
$20 double eagle gold piece

over a Million

Sorry, I was actually referring to United States Paper Money only, not any coins....

$233,750.00 for a legal tender $500 from 1862 set in fall of 1997

Thanks for the effort, 5. But I don't think this is right. I heard that a note brought almost $1,000,000 at auction for a 'watermelon' note; whatever that is.......??

actually there's a "grand watermelon" note that's valued at a million but I don't think it was realized at a million. But here's a new record for of $517,000
The major highlight of the sale was a Friedberg #1166b $20 Gold Certificate in VF/XF that realized $528,000. The note is believed to be one of only two known and it was justifiably catalogued as a ?classic American treasure.? Virtually equal in rarity and price was a Fr. #183c $500 ?Gallatin? note in Choice CU that sold for $517,000. This price was more than double the previous record for a note of this type, with the old record set in 1997 at $233,750. Not far behind was a magnificent Fr. #213 $10 Refunding Certificate in Choice AU. The note, the only specimen in private hands, fell under the hammer at $429,000.

Reel

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2001
fs5, should I try to find a job in Gainesville and stay here over the summer in a subleased apt or move home with my parents in Long Island, NY and try to find a job there?

Gainesville:
+ not living with parents, friends nearby, don't have to move far
- have to pay all living expense

NY:
+ free rent, food
- know nobody there, hard to find a job, traffic sucks

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
What about my question regarding book publishers?
still looking... if I had to guess, I would take whoever is publishing the LOTR series as the highest this year. Second would be the publisher of Harry potter books.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
What was the first ship fired upon and stuck in the US civil war?

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
I'm I going to get a vacation / Banned today?

(I find myself walking a thin line today for some reason...) :confused:

SarcasticDwarf

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Originally posted by: DeathByAnts
What about my question regarding book publishers?
still looking... if I had to guess, I would take whoever is publishing the LOTR series as the highest this year. Second would be the publisher of Harry potter books.

YOu can't answer my question!!! *HAHA*

spliffstar69

Golden Member
Oct 10, 2000
If I had a tape of Kobe Bryant's room the night of the alleged rape,
how much you think it could be worth $1 Mill, 50 Mill or more?
Would it be worth more if it finds him guilty or innocent?