ARRRGH To pick one

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
You waste vacation days on games?

At my old company I would always end up with a weeks worth of extra vacation days. It was use em' or lose em' so might as well spend them playing games. With my new company we have unlimited vacation so there is no worry about "wasting" them.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
At my old company I would always end up with a weeks worth of extra vacation days. It was use em' or lose em' so might as well spend them playing games. With my new company we have unlimited vacation so there is no worry about "wasting" them.

I need to say a RESOUNDING yes. There are times.... It is SO needed.
Dont get me wrong, I vacation. Of recent London, Dublin and Sturgis (Yea, I ride.... Didnt ride TO there. Too long for these old bones) So between Family (5 Sons 3 being Married and several grandkids) homeowner (I love to tinker) and friends and other hobbies (Bowling, Golf).... there are occasions, where a day ALONE, in my house; just vegging out in front of an Xbox or PC is REALLY what the doctor ordered.
Wifey is so supportive of my vice. BUT, when playing she will undoubtedly yell out something at a key time, or ask me to come here and see how she put something. LOL Just last night at a KEY time in Mass Effect 2, I missed some lead-in dialogue to a "Pick the responce" time. yes the FINAL question was there, but I missed the back story.
So yes, I have spent a vaca day or two EVERY year completely vegging.

PLUS, I get 5 weeks and 3 floaters... I cant AFFORD to take real vacas that often.

(Whoops I quoted the wrong post... I meant to quote the "Waste" reply)

Last edited:

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I need to say a RESOUNDING yes. There are times.... It is SO needed.
Dont get me wrong, I vacation. Of recent London, Dublin and Sturgis (Yea, I ride.... Didnt ride TO there. Too long for these old bones) So between Family (5 Sons 3 being Married and several grandkids) homeowner (I love to tinker) and friends and other hobbies (Bowling, Golf).... there are occasions, where a day ALONE, in my house; just vegging out in front of an Xbox or PC is REALLY what the doctor ordered.
Wifey is so supportive of my vice. BUT, when playing she will undoubtedly yell out something at a key time, or ask me to come here and see how she put something. LOL Just last night at a KEY time in Mass Effect 2, I missed some lead-in dialogue to a "Pick the responce" time. yes the FINAL question was there, but I missed the back story.
So yes, I have spent a vaca day or two EVERY year completely vegging.

PLUS, I get 5 weeks and 3 floaters... I cant AFFORD to take real vacas that often.

(Whoops I quoted the wrong post... I meant to quote the "Waste" reply)

LOL yup... I can play a game for hours, and the only time I will get interrupted is during some un-pausable cinema scene that has critical story info..