ARRRGH To pick one

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Keeper, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Keeper

Keeper Senior member

If you had 60 bucks burning a hole in your pocket....

Would you.

Buy Assasins Creed 3?
    Dishonnered?

Or put the money away and play the BACKLOG of games I have already?
    And buy BOTH one day soon for 60?

This storm (Superstorm Sandy) kicked NY ass. So many store were putting stuff on sale. So I was out shopping... Killing time. Gas was NEVER an issue fo rme, so yes..... I roamed.

Here is the backlog I bought, both PC and Xbox.

Mafia 2
    Fallout New Vegas.
    Red Dead Redemption, GOTY (With Zombie DLC).
    Dungeon Siege 3

All above, all new and less than 25 bucks between Odd Lot and K Mart...
    That just added to Mass Effect 3 (Still shrinkwrapped), Final Fanatasy 13 2 (Still shrinkwrapped) and a LIGHTLY played Border Lands 2.

I need help. Must be strong.....................

#1 Keeper, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads - ARRRGH pick Forum Date
    Picked up Skyrim again this weekend PC Gaming Feb 22, 2016
    Anybody pick up Reassembly (from the Humble Space Bundle) PC Gaming Aug 17, 2015
    Need help pick a my pc PC Gaming Jun 9, 2015
    Picked up a copy of GRID, now need a controller PC Gaming Apr 1, 2015

3. Rakewell

Rakewell Platinum Member

FONV

/thread

4. Ashenor

Ashenor Golden Member

Paper Mario!

5. smackababy

smackababy Lifer

If I could only afford $60 on gaming, I would put that money to better use. >_>

6. Xonim

Xonim Golden Member

I'm with this guy. Use the $60 for something necessary/useful, and play through your backlog or revisit games you've beaten already.

7. clok1966

clok1966 Golden Member

all 4 are pretty dang good.. DS III maybe being the weakest.. Save my money you got hours of great gaming.. BUT!!!! you didn't ask for those answers..
    Dishonered- hear nothing but love for this game
    AC III- hear is just more AC II (which is a good thing i hear.. not a fan of the series).

8. KaOTiK

KaOTiK Lifer

If you can, wait for the Autumn and Holiday sale on Steam. If you want something now, you can get Dishonored on greenmangaming with the 25% off coupon making it $45.

Personally I'd say play FO NV and that will hold you over till the big sales where that $60 can buy you a lot.

9. Keeper

Keeper Senior member

Really? DS III the weakest? I was banking on the Fallout game. Till I read some reviews.
    They fixed a LOT. So I read. Multiple places.

OK....... SOLD. I will be strong. And fight my quest to collect games.
    I will wait and watch...... MAybe catch it on a 30 dollar sale after the new year.......

Thanks.

10. AlexAL

AlexAL Senior member

If it's burning a hole in your pocket I'd go for Dishonored. A lot more new content, some of it sounding really interesting, then the AC series. And there seem to be discounts for it soit doesn't have to be $60. Other than that, Mafia 2 or Vegas should be oodles of fun.

11. shortylickens

shortylickens No Lifer

New Vegas.

20 bucks gets you a thousand hours of entertainment.

12. sigurros81

sigurros81 Platinum Member

Witcher 2!

Hehe. I just beat Witcher 2 again. This game is slowly inching up on my list of favorite games of all time.

Anyway, where was I going with this...

...oh yeah, I've been contemplating playing New Vegas again.

As far as AssCreed3 goes, maybe I'm in the minority but I always thought those games were super boring. For a game that is suppose to be open world, the missions all end up being the same, and the AI falls into the same predictable patterns. The one thing I enjoy about the game though, is get high and run around the cities sight-seeing, because the devs did an amazing job at creating a historical world. I've never been to Renaissance Rome, but I imagine it would look like Asscreed2.

13. Corporate Thug

I've played both...almost done w/ AC III. Honestly, the game play is nearly 100% identical to the prior ones. I would pick dishonored on the novelty factor alone.

14. UberNeuman

UberNeuman Lifer

Wait for the holiday sales - that 60 bucks will go a long way...

15. EDUSAN

EDUSAN Golden Member

save the money for the xmas sale, i dont think you will be able to buy both with 60 bucks but you will be able to buy lets say dishonored 33% cheaper and some other game

and right now play your backlog

16. gorcorps

gorcorps aka Brandon

AFAIK the PC version of AC3 isn't even out yet, so I haven't heard anything about how stable that version will be. It comes out the 20th so reports should be coming in soon.

17. rivethead

rivethead Platinum Member

Another vote for sit on it, let it earn you $0.00001 interest, and then pick up something during the Steam Holiday sale.

Not like you're going to be bored with they backlog you already have.

18. dpodblood

dpodblood Diamond Member

I'm in the same situation as you OP. Really wanna play both AC3 and Dishonored, but with my huge backlog of games I can't really justify picking it up right now. I think the best thing do do is hold of until the Steam sales to pick those games up, and play your backlog for now. Looks like any one of those games would be a good contender. I may even start playing FO:NV myself (it's been in my backlog since last summer).

19. clok1966

clok1966 Golden Member

sorry I think that read different then i intended.. I meant that DS III was the lowest of the 4 games in My OPINION the other three are better games. Not that DS III is bad.. Fallout3 and Vegas are easily my favorite of the bunch.. I still play Vegas every once and awhile.

20. Keeper

Keeper Senior member

LOL Its sad isnt it?

Years ago, I would scrimp and save and play a game to death.
    I can rememeber trying to save the 25 bucks to buy Sid Meirs Colonization. A spin off on his Civ games.
    Then Comp USA offered a deal zero payments for 90 days on any purchase with their CC....
    LOL that opened up a WHOLE new world for me.

Now........ Older, wiser... Kids outta college... More disposable income.
    I have a backlog.

:( I feel pathetic......

21. EDUSAN

EDUSAN Golden Member

yeah...its the story of our lives

no money to game and lots of time to play the only game we had... now lots of money (kinda) but no time to play them all, and the ones we play we finish and uninstall to make room for the next one

22. PowerYoga

PowerYoga Diamond Member

Do yourself a favor and play red dead redemption. That'll hold you over till thanksgiving and christmas sales and it's a great game.

23. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Put the money away and play your backlog. Before you know it summer will roll around and you know what means...

24. dpodblood

dpodblood Diamond Member

Yup when I was a kid my family was poor. I only had a few games and they lasted me for years. Played the crap out of the Mario games on NES/SNES, and then when I could finally afford an n64 played the crap out of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark.

Now I can afford a lot more, but have very little free time. As it is now I have about 95 games in my backlog, and lots of new releases coming out I wanna play. I think the only solution is to win the lottery and become a full time gamer! ;)

25. EDUSAN

EDUSAN Golden Member

request holidays from work just to game.... i've done that... when i got skyrim =P

26. dpodblood

dpodblood Diamond Member

I've done that in the past, but tend not to any more. Primarily because PC releases can be shaky on launch day (connectivity/download issues, or bugs). It's disappointing to take a day off just to find out the game you planned on playing is unplayable.