Armed Woman Intervenes, Prevents Mass Murder

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
If "more guns" were the answer, we'd be the safest nation on the planet. We're not, so it isn't.
We just don't have enough to be fully safe yet. We probably need more like 1.5B or 2B guns so everyone can have one handy at all times regardless of location. Maybe free loaner guns at all public spaces. True safety through guns will be achieved in the next 10 years.

Reactions: rza_757

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Armed woman saves lives.

This happened within the past 24 hours.

Instead of the typical negative post, here's something positive!

Great, now put one of her in every single classroom.
Yeah... you can't.

And even if you could, that's just the first person down in an ambush. Your story only works because the woman was ambiguous in a crowd, was ready and capable in a good position at the correct time. Skill, opportunity, and luck. Not something I want to bet lives on.

Reactions: nakedfrog

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
We just don't have enough to be fully safe yet. We probably need more like 1.5B or 2B guns so everyone can have one handy at all times regardless of location. Maybe free loaner guns at all public spaces. True safety through guns will be achieved in the next 10 years.
Infants and toddlers need several also, so make it 4B.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Yes truly, we need more guns. 400M isn't enough.
California makes sure that innocent bystanders can never get involved. How many millions of guns do you think are owned in California? But it is almost impossible to get a permit to carry. Then there are safe storage laws and rules about gun locks and separating guns from ammunition.

Guns can be used to kill people and they can be used to stop people in the act of murder. Liberal states pass laws that try to insure that outside the home only those intending murder will be carrying. “Guns are evil and I won’t be the one who dies for lack of defense so who cares. Fuck the gun nuts.”

But I can’t believe there is a single person who fancies him or herself rational in opposition to the second amendment who would not go back in time and put a gun in their hand to save a loved one who was a murdered with a gun and shoot the murderer first.

Reactions: FlawleZ

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
California makes sure that innocent bystanders can never get involved. How many millions of guns do you think are owned in California? But it is almost impossible to get a permit to carry. Then there are safe storage laws and rules about gun locks and separating guns from ammunition.

Guns can be used to kill people and they can be used to stop people in the act of murder. Liberal states pass laws that try to insure that outside the home only those intending murder will be carrying. “Guns are evil and I won’t be the one who dies for lack of defense so who cares. Fuck the gun nuts.”

But I can’t believe there is a single person who fancies him or herself rational in opposition to the second amendment who would not go back in time and put a gun in their hand to save a loved one who was a murdered with a gun and shoot the murderer first.
I don't want to live in a society where you must be armed to the teeth everywhere you go in order to feel reasonably safe. That's not a civilized society.

If I had to choose between arming loved ones or passing policies that make it so I don't have to arm loved ones, I'd choose the latter 100% of the time.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
I don't want to live in a society where you must be armed to the teeth everywhere you go in order to feel reasonably safe. That's not a civilized society.

If I had to choose between arming loved ones or passing policies that make it so I don't have to arm loved ones, I'd choose the latter 100% of the time.

What do you propose? Passing a law to make murder illegal? I'm sure that will work.

Reactions: FlawleZ

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Who wouldn't. But you can't pass laws that prevent insanity but you can change an economic system that produces tons of it including the insanity that will do anything from facing that fact, stupidity like banning guns. When you won't address the real issue and are filled with shame, you look for easy ways to deflect and shift blame. To a hammer everything looks like a nail. Here a hammer is a metaphor for psychological ignorance. We do not know what we feel precluding any possibility of cure. We will go extinct if we don't learn to face ourselves, our deepest truth that is the unconscious motivation and control over everything we think and do. There is only one thing killing our children and it is the ignorance of self. I call that ignorance the ego. It saved us as children and now it's killing us.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Who wouldn't. But you can't pass laws that prevent insanity but you can change an economic system that produces tons of it including the insanity that will do anything from facing that fact, stupidity like banning guns. When you won't address the real issue and are filled with shame, you look for easy ways to deflect and shift blame. To a hammer everything looks like a nail. Here a hammer is a metaphor for psychological ignorance. We do not know what we feel precluding any possibility of cure. We will go extinct if we don't learn to face ourselves, our deepest truth that is the unconscious motivation and control over everything we think and do. There is only one thing killing our children and it is the ignorance of self. I call that ignorance the ego. It saved us as children and now it's killing us.
You realize until about 30 years ago the courts and the interpretation of the constitution allowed much stricter controls of weapons and thus we didn't have these issues. The 2nd amendment has been around a long time. These shootings are more recent. All you need to do is go back to interpretations of the 2nd amendment that had been in place for hundreds of years. It's not rocket science. Heck you could have an interpretation that goes back to the 2nd A applying to only militias and write strict laws about the level of training you need to be considered part of a militia.

It's all politics driven by the NRA. They aggressively manufactured cases to sit before the SCOTUS to expand gun rights and this the result.

That's not even talking about what congress can do. Congress can pretty much ban any weapon they want or ban munitions. Or body armor. Etc. It's not a matter of what can be done but people actually want to do.

And don't give me the mental health poverty argument. Other countries have mental health problems. They have poverty. Other countries also have guns. Yet this doesn't happen. Because they don't worship guns and death by giving them some historic shrine in the constitution.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You realize until about 30 years ago the courts and the interpretation of the constitution allowed much stricter controls of weapons and thus we didn't have these issues. The 2nd amendment has been around a long time. These shootings are more recent. All you need to do is go back to interpretations of the 2nd amendment that had been in place for hundreds of years. It's not rocket science. Heck you could have an interpretation that goes back to the 2nd A applying to only militias and write strict laws about the level of training you need to be considered part of a militia.

It's all politics driven by the NRA. They aggressively manufactured cases to sit before the SCOTUS to expand gun rights and this the result.

That's not even talking about what congress can do. Congress can pretty much ban any weapon they want or ban munitions. Or body armor. Etc. It's not a matter of what can be done but people actually want to do.

And don't give me the mental health poverty argument. Other countries have mental health problems. They have poverty. Other countries also have guns. Yet this doesn't happen. Because they don't worship guns and death by giving them some historic shrine in the constitution.
Liberals made guns political by falling into the trap of looking and acting like they are trying to ban peoples' right to self defense. Liberals tell people their personal choices to defend themselves are as worthless as woman's right to chose. But it's always different when your own personal moral stupidities are the ones that get offended. Republicans offend women's judgment. Democrats offend all human dignity by threatening the right to be allowed to defend themselves. In my opinion, our forefathers knew the danger of authoritarianism and where that threat would manifest, the state, and that is why the term militia appears in the 2nd amendment. It takes numbers to defend against the power of the state.

And what did I say about giving you the mental health argument, tangentially related to poverty only? I said you would be deaf dumb and shocked to hear the truth about how you feel. Humanity is somnambulating backward into extinction and why? Because of a death wish derived from the feeling it is what we deserve. You have no idea how deeply the truth is hidden by the terror of knowing what it is. Have a cookie.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
We could have used some of that spirit with the Uvalde Police Department for sure.

They'll taze a dad who can't stand watching cops do nothing for 40min, but responders tried to get their own kids out? Wtf. Uvalde should fire the whole damn department, those round bastards shouldn't be wearing badges now or ever again. Time and time again these people sit it out while kids are executed.

Ask her if she wants a job guarding a school. Not like the GQP and NRA are going to allow the 2nd amendment child sacrifices to stop.

PWrVj62.jpeg

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
If you increase the number of guns you'll also increase the number of children gaining access to guns.

In 2020, gun sales surged 64 percent, and this rise—coupled with school and childcare center closures as a result of the pandemic—has increased the risk for all household residents: the number of unintentional shooting deaths by children was 31 percent higher from March through December 2020 than during the same period in 2019. And 2021 is on target to exceed even that dispiriting high, with the highest number of January to June incidents of the past seven years.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
We could have used some of that spirit with the Uvalde Police Department for sure.

They'll taze a dad who can't stand watching cops do nothing for 40min, but responders tried to get their own kids out? Wtf. Uvalde should fire the whole damn department, those round bastards shouldn't be wearing badges now or ever again. Time and time again these people sit it out while kids are executed.

Ask her if she wants a job guarding a school. Not like the GQP and NRA are going to allow the 2nd amendment child sacrifices to stop.

PWrVj62.jpeg

That's hilarious, and sadly true since Columbine.

The anti-gun guys should really try to understand that's also the sentiment of the self defense crowd. When it matters, there is no one else to save yourself but you.

Reactions: Lezunto