Arm hurts, don't know what it could be

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Ok, I was riding earlier today and sort of smacked my arm against a tree. Not too hard, but it hurt before I went out for a second run.

During the second run, I fell into a leaf/ mud hole and had a nice wipe out. About 2 hours after this my arm is hurting a lot whenever I lift something more than say a pencil. It hurts to move the mouse and type this out. To be specific, it hurts just above the wrist area.

So I'm asking if this is enough to go to the doctor to get checked out, or if I can get away with just getting a wrist brace and relaxing on the riding for a few days.

Cliffs:
- riding first time, hit tree sorta fast. arm hurts a little
- second time riding, fall and come home, clean up
- arm starts hurting about 30 minutes later, about 1 hour after I can't lift anything
- broken or brace it and relax?

Thanks.

Rike

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2004
I'd guess it's feel worse over time because of swelling. A little Advil and some ice for 10-20 minutes and rest it for the remained of the night in a nuetral, supported position. If it feels better in the morning, you might be OK. If you still have remotely serious pain, go have it checked out. You don't want to take the chance of permanent damage to your arm.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Rike
I'd guess it's feel worse over time because of swelling. A little Advil and some ice for 10-20 minutes and rest it for the remained of the night in a nuetral, supported position. If it feels better in the morning, you might be OK. If you still have remotely serious pain, go have it checked out. You don't want to take the chance of permanent damage to your arm.

I already had this arm broken in February, went off into a tree while skiing. I was thinking about doing that, but I think I might just have it checked out by the doctor tomorrow, as you suggested if the pain becomes worse or stays the same overnight.