1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
Dozens of Dreamers including many children have been invited to Hair Fuhrer's Rally tonight.

The GOP in Arizona has requested that troops be deployed to hunt them down to verify they are legal. By the way... THEY ARE.

Just the latest "round up the Jews" type shit going on by the GOP as all participants have already been vetted by the Secret Service. This is just lip service to the white supremacist base. Anybody who tries to say that today's GOP has not shown it's true colors is deluding themselves.

Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS‏Verified account @RepGosar

Today, Congressman Paul Gosar contacted the U.S. Capitol Police, as well as Attorney General Jeff Sessions, asking they consider checking identification of all attending the State of the Union address and arresting any illegal aliens in attendance.

10:33 AM - 30 Jan 2018

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Serious Question:

When did we start referring to Anchor Babies as "Dreamers"? I dont know when it started.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
remember back when they were terror babies? The freedumb of the right just keeps going in circles.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Dozens of Dreamers including many children have been invited to Hair Fuhrer's Rally tonight.

The GOP in Arizona has requested that troops be deployed to hunt them down to verify they are legal. By the way... THEY ARE.

Just the latest "round up the Jews" type shit going on by the GOP as all participants have already been vetted by the Secret Service. This is just lip service to the white supremacist base. Anybody who tries to say that today's GOP has not shown it's true colors is deluding themselves.

Rep. Paul Gosar, DDS‏Verified account @RepGosar

Today, Congressman Paul Gosar contacted the U.S. Capitol Police, as well as Attorney General Jeff Sessions, asking they consider checking identification of all attending the State of the Union address and arresting any illegal aliens in attendance.

10:33 AM - 30 Jan 2018

Deporting illegal immigrants is not rounding up Jews to exterminate them. It is a silly comparison.

Reactions: OutHouse
Dec 10, 2005
Serious Question:

When did we start referring to Anchor Babies as "Dreamers"? I dont know when it started.
So called "anchor babies" are US citizens. Dreamers are people who were brought here, generally by their parents and when they were young, and who effectively grew up as an American.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Deporting illegal immigrants is not rounding up Jews to exterminate them. It is a silly comparison.

So if you're a kid and your parents brought you here when you were a baby, you deserve to be arrested, flown to Mexico or Honduras or whatever and dropped on a street corner? 86% of Americans (last I heard) disagree with you.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So if you're a kid and your parents brought you here when you were a baby, you deserve to be arrested, flown to Mexico or Honduras or whatever and dropped on a street corner? 86% of Americans (last I heard) disagree with you.

It is really unfortunate that those kids' parents put them in such a situation, and to be honest I think a path to citizenship is probably the better option for many of them if not most. But, they are illegal aliens regardless of whatever number you quote of people that feel these kids should be able to stay. With 86% popular support I would think getting the law changed shouldn't be an impossible task, going that route would fix the issue once and for all.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
It is really unfortunate that those kids' parents put them in such a situation, and to be honest I think a path to citizenship is probably the better option for many of them if not most. But, they are illegal aliens regardless of whatever number you quote of people that feel these kids should be able to stay. With 86% popular support I would think getting the law changed shouldn't be an impossible task, going that route would fix the issue once and for all.

And what are you willing to give the republicans to do it?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
And what are you willing to give the republicans to do it?

What should I give them? I don't understand the question. Maybe I'm being a naive idealist, but if 86% of the country wants something, I'd like to think our elected representation in congress would try and fulfill the will of the electorate.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
What should I give them? I don't understand the question. Maybe I'm being a naive idealist, but if 86% of the country wants something, I'd like to think our elected representation in congress would try and fulfill the will of the electorate.
the republicans want a pound of flesh to do the thing 86% of americans want.

if it were as easy as 'let's pass the stuff we agree on so at least it can get started and done while we figure out what to do with the rest' we'd be a lot better off. but the system doesn't get run that way.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000

So naive.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Trump & the GOP now hold them hostage. Trump deliberately put them in crisis by refusing to extend DACA.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

so enforcing the laws is white supremacy....

giphy.gif

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
so enforcing the laws is white supremacy....

The law says they are allowed to be here. White supremacists want them gone regardless of the law, as evidenced by your leadership demanding they be arrested even though they are still legal as well as your President parroting those calls last night. You'd be more honest if you folks lined them up and shot them all.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

there are many issues today that aren't impossible, being that they have strong support of everyone. But we don't live in that world. We live in a country led by a historically unpopular sentient turnip with complete control of the legislature via his majority party...but none of them can get anything done that has full support of the people. They can't work together among themselves. They have the power to push anything through; but refuse to do it and just blame the minority that has no real power to stop them.

They can only pass bills that pretty much everyone universally despises. A smart, curious, person would ask how this is so.

Not you, however. You simply do not care.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
It's really unfortunate that conservatives' parents put them in such situation, where someone with no language and no papers or a robot can just take their job, like they have nothing significant to contribute to society. It's almost like telling their kids that higher education, science, and evidence are just liberal brainwashing conspiracies was not the way to go.