Ari Fleischer Resigning This Summer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tinomen

May 19, 2003
> I will guarantee you, the left and Helen Thomas that you all will not like his
> replacement either.

since the replacement will be voicing the policies of the evil bush administration, then
how could we?

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: tinomen
> I will guarantee you, the left and Helen Thomas that you all will not like his
> replacement either.

since the replacement will be voicing the policies of the evil bush administration, then
how could we?

My point exactly. If the pope replaced fleisher, he would be equally hated by the left.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: BDawg
According to CNN TV, Fleischer is retiring later this summer. Goodbye, tool boy.

Edit: Changed title since it meant something dirtier than I thought.

I will guarantee you, the left and Helen Thomas that you all will not like his replacement either.

I fully understand that the next press secretary will not be in line with my views. However, it is impossible for the next PS to be more of a tool than Fleischer.

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Awww, too bad. We won't see any more funny moments like when he claimed that countries' support of Gulf War 2 "couldn't be bought" and was laughed (literally, laughed) off the podium by the reporters. So sad.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: konichiwa
Awww, too bad. We won't see any more funny moments like when he claimed that countries' support of Gulf War 2 "couldn't be bought" and was laughed (literally, laughed) off the podium by the reporters. So sad.

LOL! I remember that, I think he got tired of taking Bush's bullsh!t.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
It will be amusing to see who replaces him. Whoever accepts the position certainly ought to be mentally suspect.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.

I dont think Moonbeam ever implicitly blamed Bush for anything, his posts are riddled with irony and sarcasim however.

I on the other make no secret my opion of Bush...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Not so, sMiLeYz, I think Bush is the greatest disaster to have ever hit the country and for a ton of reasons. I think he's an air head and a Christian fundamentalist who thinks he's there because of God. I think his Iraq war is a titanic disaster too, that he's a big fat liar as to why we invaded, etc. I think Bush's appeal is to the lowest common denominator in people, their fear, insecurity, naiveté, stupidly, selfishness and greed. That probably accounts for the fact that I often think he might be right. :D

I suspect he's a fool and a disaster, but I also don't take my opinion too seriously. I'm not locked into it. It's what I think, but I remain open to the possibility I could be wrong. We will just have to wait and see. I believe in the usefullness of the distance of a historical perspective. I know what I believe, but I don't believe in believing in what I believe even when I believe it.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: BarneyFife
Bush should hire the information minister.

your getting closer to the truth, ok I will spell it out for you, I can't keep the secret any longer...

The former Iraqi Information minsiter has teamed up with Ari, the BBC, and Morph to produce a brand new source of unbiased, factual reporting, look for them on your tv next fall, they are being sponsored by Ripley's....