Ari Fleischer Resigning This Summer

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
11,631
2
0
According to CNN TV, Fleischer is retiring later this summer. Goodbye, tool boy.

Edit: Changed title since it meant something dirtier than I thought.
 

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
7,218
1
0
Doesn't phase me at all. Tool was the proper term. But all press secretaries are tools. This one must have a concience. 2 1/2 years of evasion and spin for this Pres would break anyone. I'm surprised he lasted this long. The press core sure didn't like him. Bush never let him in on important matters, or policy decisions. He stood alone against the onslaught of questions from the public often with litlle more than his wit to defend the actions of the administration. When you get slamed by the people you are trying to help, it's way over due to tell them to suck it and walk away.

He will be out by July.
 

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
5,755
0
0
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.
 

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
11,631
2
0
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.
In all seriousness, who else would it be?
 

NightTrain

Platinum Member
Apr 1, 2001
2,150
0
76
Fleischer was PS longer than Dee Dee Myers. Everything isn't always someone's "fault". People move on...except those who still haven't accepted the reality of Election 2000.
 

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
6,249
2
0
Psssst: His next employer will be Halliburton. :p

At any rate, we were just discussing this possibility here at work. The liberals would have a field day.

Doesn't phase me at all. Tool was the proper term. But all press secretaries are tools. This one must have a concience. 2 1/2 years of evasion and spin for this Pres would break anyone. I'm surprised he lasted this long. The press core sure didn't like him. Bush never let him in on important matters, or policy decisions. He stood alone against the onslaught of questions from the public often with litlle more than his wit to defend the actions of the administration. When you get slamed by the people you are trying to help, it's way over due to tell them to suck it and walk away.
Yeah, press secretary can be detrimental to one's mental well-being. Just ask Dee Dee "You don't have to drink, but it helps" Myers.
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,942
10
81
we should have a deck of cards representing the Bush Regime's initial membership, back in January 2001.

What card would Ari represent?

I say the Queen of Hearts:

<VIOLIN>

Lord Bush's darling spinster who sing the words of praise of his Bushness and the voice that retorts the dissent of their "UNPATRIOTIC" collegues/enemies.

</VIOLIN>
 

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
17,134
38
91
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
we should have a deck of cards representing the Bush Regime's initial membership, back in January 2001.

What card would Ari represent?

I say the Queen of Hearts:

<VIOLIN>

Lord Bush's darling spinster who sing the words of praise of his Bushness and the voice that retorts the dissent of their "UNPATRIOTIC" collegues/enemies.

</VIOLIN>
The Jester Returneth.

EDIT: How old are you?
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,942
10
81
ahhh yeah, i think Ari is the cour jester also! great idea for the card

i just thought the queen because george loves him so... george is so affectioned by ari's words of amore' for the Regime

heh heh
 

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
17,134
38
91
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
ahhh yeah, i think Ari is the cour jester also! great idea for the card

i just thought the queen because george loves him so... george is so affectioned by ari's words of amore' for the Regime

heh heh
I meant you as the jester. But, again, how old are you?
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
sorry babe: i dont answer personal questions on a public forum
So, you give out your first and last names/city/state (Tim Young/Philly/Penn), but you are suddenly concerned about privacy when asked your age. I see... either you are rather young, or you are flat out stupid. One or the other
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,942
10
81
hey come to whatever opinion you resign yourself too

it's your right

as you remember: opinions are like a##holes...everyone's got one

i have given, as everyone else, a certain amount of personal information

if i had wanted my birthday known, i would have filled it out in my profile

there happen to be more than 1 tim young's in philadelphia...

i'm satisfied with the amount of personal security

who are you to question what each of us chooses to offer?
 

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
10,162
0
0
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
hey come to whatever opinion you resign yourself too

it's your right

as you remember: opinions are like a##holes...everyone's got one
but, I only have 1 a-hole, but many opinions. Therefore, the implied message in your statement, that everyone only has one opinion, is incorrect.

:p
 

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
17,134
38
91
Originally posted by: Mookow
Originally posted by: phillyTIM
sorry babe: i dont answer personal questions on a public forum
So, you give out your first and last names/city/state (Tim Young/Philly/Penn), but you are suddenly concerned about privacy when asked your age. I see... either you are rather young, or you are flat out stupid. One or the other
I think you've exposed him.
 

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
14,000
2
0
I believe now that Bush if focusing on the economy, he has hired the Iraqi information minister to replace Ari to sell his trickle down economic policies. :D
 

phillyTIM

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
1,942
10
81
Bush's Information Minister:

Jobs! Look there are jobs all around.

Unemployed? What is this thing? There are no unemployed here...in the Unted States of Bush!

The infidels are left behind in the prior country of Iraq - which Bush has magically and wonderfully freed!

Here...everyone who wants a job can have whatever job they like! There are no unemployed here!

We have new high tax cuts without imposing new taxation on the rich; er, um; on the people everywhere!

Our economic indicators are at their highest levels EVER!

The United States has the healthiest, most prosperous economy in the world!

Maybe except for New Jersey, which we will cast the last infidels out and it will return healthy tenfold!

All is perfect here in this country!
 

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
9,159
1
81
No one can do that job for very long without it getting to you and it's a tough job to begin with. He has lasted longer than many press secs before him.
 

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
69,410
4,790
126
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.
I don't know what this post was, but it must have been good seeing as it was posted in a multitude of threads then retracted in every single one! :)
 

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
15,776
392
126
Originally posted by: SuperTool
I believe now that Bush if focusing on the economy, he has hired the Iraqi information minister to replace Ari to sell his trickle down economic policies. :D
I think you're on to something. I mean, Fleischer was pretty good, but nobody can spin it with a straight face like Baghdad Bob.

Did we ever find out what happened to BB? The last rumor I heard was the one where we wouldn't let him surrender to us, but the military denied it and I haven't heard anything since. Maybe they could get him a sur-reality show on WB or Fox.
 

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
5,755
0
0
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Ultra Quiet
I have performed the MOONBEAM DUCK TEST and have come to the conclusion that this is the fault of George Bush.
I don't know what this post was, but it must have been good seeing as it was posted in a multitude of threads then retracted in every single one! :)
It was just me acting like a two year old.

Again.

 

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
17,033
1
81
Originally posted by: BDawg
According to CNN TV, Fleischer is retiring later this summer. Goodbye, tool boy.

Edit: Changed title since it meant something dirtier than I thought.
I will guarantee you, the left and Helen Thomas that you all will not like his replacement either.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY