Are you going to miss Obama?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Will you miss Obama?

• Total voters

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
one after another?

oh, and how convenient to dismiss the, you know, primary attack that started thsi mess, the response to which (under Bush and Bush only) precipitated all other attacks.

Tell me something, when you walk into the Taco Bell bathroom and discover that someone has sprayed their ass contents all over the walls and stalls, do you just assume that it really was all your fault, after all, or do you tell the employees that someone, not you, sprayed their ass all over the bathroom and left a mess for everyone else.

Do you blame the employees that are working to clean the shit-smeared surfaces?

I always love the whole 'no terrorist attacks after 9/11' thing. First of all that's obvious bullshit as there were several. More importantly though, why the fuck would you omit the largest terrorist attack in US history by an order of magnitude?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I always love the whole 'no terrorist attacks after 9/11' thing. First of all that's obvious bullshit as there were several. More importantly though, why the fuck would you omit the largest terrorist attack in US history by an order of magnitude?
Probably still Bills fault for not putting W in a head-lock and saying "Dumba*s pay attention to Ben Laudin" on his way out.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Obama will be remembered fondly by history. He wasn't perfect, but he was one of the greatest we've had in a very long time.

/breaks into song

You don't know what you've got....`till its gone.........

Over 9 trillions reasons to be happy after an obama presidency. That is unless you are an African American... then the unemployement in your demographic actually increased. And at least more Americans are better fed... now that a hell of a lot more people are on food stamps. Obama was also great for the traditional American family. With incomes down -5% and increased healthcare premiums finishing middle class Americans off.... now they enjoy spending more family time together since people can afford to leave the house as much. At least more people can be considered as living in poverty so they are now eligible for more government assistance. Might as well add just a little to the 9 trillions reasons obama has left the American public with before he leaves office. But at least some of the new debt will be offset by the continually increasing regulatory fees that have been steadily increasing each year under obama. And no these are not bad... these are not taxes... but fees see. Businesses will eat these and not pass them off on consumers. Reduce the debt without raising taxes.... brilliant!!! I know veterans are also excited (at least the ones who didn't die waiting for care). Obamacare is running smoothly as intended bringing all Americans one step closer to single payer.... so we will soon be able to all get excellent care just like within the VA system. I only hope Hillary (or Kaine) can accelerate this.
Gosh and hasn't obama done so much for race relations in this country! I could go on and on and on.... but I will leave some of the glory for other posters here. We all need to share in the greatness that was obama.

Reactions: x26

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Over 9 trillions reasons to be happy after an obama presidency. That is unless you are an African American... then the unemployement in your demographic actually increased. And at least more Americans are better fed... now that a hell of a lot more people are on food stamps. Obama was also great for the traditional American family. With incomes down -5% and increased healthcare premiums finishing middle class Americans off.... now they enjoy spending more family time together since people can afford to leave the house as much. At least more people can be considered as living in poverty so they are now eligible for more government assistance. Might as well add just a little to the 9 trillions reasons obama has left the American public with before he leaves office. But at least some of the new debt will be offset by the continually increasing regulatory fees that have been steadily increasing each year under obama. And no these are not bad... these are not taxes... but fees see. Businesses will eat these and not pass them off on consumers. Reduce the debt without raising taxes.... brilliant!!! I know veterans are also excited (at least the ones who didn't die waiting for care). Obamacare is running smoothly as intended bringing all Americans one step closer to single payer.... so we will soon be able to all get excellent care just like within the VA system. I only hope Hillary (or Kaine) can accelerate this.
Gosh and hasn't obama done so much for race relations in this country! I could go on and on and on.... but I will leave some of the glory for other posters here. We all need to share in the greatness that was obama.

So was that a yes or no?

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Yes. I didn't even vote for her him in the last election and I still consider him a good man and a good president. I'm not happy with either of these clowns we are going to end up with.

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
...Obamacare is... wishy-washy. It's what you create when opponents won't let you institute a more effective single-payer health care system, but stubborn pride prevents you from realizing that a halfway solution won't work that well. Either push for meaningful change or propose relatively low-risk changes -- don't try to split down the middle and annoy everyone...
An incrementalist view would hold that any move toward single-payer is a good one, and that instituting a flawed framework over the private system will make it more failure-prone and easier to discredit, paving the way for the next increment.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I probably will miss him if I think about who comes next. Being quite conservative I've disagreed with most of his policy decisions, but I've enjoyed having a "social media savvy" president and someone who seems like a decent guy in office. I don't think he has had much of an impact on me personally other that really enjoying beating his March Madness bracket each year. I can only hope I'll say the same thing about whoever wins this election after 4 years...

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Notice a difference between Obama's exit and Bush's?

U.S. Adds 161,000 Jobs in October; Jobless Rate Ticks Down to 4.9%

Hiring by U.S. employers remained healthy in October as wage growth accelerated to its strongest pace since the recession, signaling solid momentum in the labor market and broader economy just days before American voters elect a new president.

Nonfarm payrolls rose by a seasonally adjusted 161,000 in October from the prior month, following September’s upwardly revised gain of 191,000, the Labor Department said Friday.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-add...ber-jobless-rate-ticks-down-to-4-9-1478262813

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
An incrementalist view would hold that any move toward single-payer is a good one, and that instituting a flawed framework over the private system will make it more failure-prone and easier to discredit, paving the way for the next increment.

I see what you mean, but I'm not sure that's the case. There's also a danger that it will prompt a regression as opponents to reform do whatever they can to roll things back.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Not unless Trump wins.

Republicans whined that Obama would destroy America and he never even came close to that. Sure, the ACA isnt working great, but it hasnt destroyed America.

I suspect their claims Hillary will destroy America are just as bogus. She's far from perfect, but she wont destroy us. She'll just lie, cheat, and steal.

Feb 16, 2005
Not unless Trump wins.

Republicans whined that Obama would destroy America and he never even came close to that. Sure, the ACA isnt working great, but it hasnt destroyed America.

I suspect their claims Hillary will destroy America are just as bogus. She's far from perfect, but she wont destroy us. She'll just lie, cheat, and steal.
he's really slacked off on the whole gun grabbing thing.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Not unless Trump wins.

Its odd that you seem smart enough to not buy into their doom and gloom with a Clinton presidency but yet you still buy into the Hillary is corrupt meme.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Not unless Trump wins.

It will be interesting to see what happens to relations between Russia and America when Clinton takes office. I know that Putin has been very provocative and a rather bad player in the international arena. Still I really don't want America to go down the road of being openly hostile and adversarial to Russia.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti
Feb 16, 2005
It will be interesting to see what happens to relations between Russia and America when Clinton takes office. I know that Putin has been very provocative and a rather bad player in the international arena. Still I really don't want America to go down the road of being openly hostile and adversarial to Russia.
I grew up (biologically speaking) during the cold war, and it wasn't a lot of fun. Prefer to have Russia as an ally than an enemy, hell I'd settle for frenemy if I had a choice in it.

Reactions: bshole

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I grew up (biologically speaking) during the cold war, and it wasn't a lot of fun. Prefer to have Russia as an ally than an enemy, hell I'd settle for frenemy if I had a choice in it.

Me too, me too. Those were truly scary times.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
And doubled the National Debt from $10,000,000,000,000 to $20,000,000,000,000.

SPOILER ALERT - Were not paying any of it back
True, and maybe a Republican Presidency would have increased it only half that. But since we're going off a cliff either way, does it really matter whether we go off at 40 mph or 80 mph? No matter how far one gets from the cliff wall, the bottom is just as far away.

Miss him? I don't know how we even would. He contains the most massive ego in the universe. He'll be holding press conferences and sticking his nose into everything he possibly can for as long as the adoring media will cover him. Which could be forever.

He'll be promoting the Barack, Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama Foundation while giving speeches (with the Clinton crime syndicate playbook in hand as a reference).

If we end up with Trump it will be interesting to see if Obama has enough class to keep his mouth shut. My money is on 'no way'.

Obama talks about himself 207 times in 84 minutes — while campaigning for Hillary
Hey, even Hillary knows that if you really want to elect Hillary, for G-d's sake talk about anyone and everyone except Hillary.

I don't think that is an option either way. The Cold War never ended, it's just that Russia grew too poor to make us notice them so we thought it was over.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
True, and maybe a Republican Presidency would have increased it only half that.
How does that math work? Obama let Bush tax cuts expire, that's trillions of dollars in improvement to the debt that would not have happened under a Republican. Is it some sort of tax cuts paying for themselves magical thinking?