Are we there yet? Anybody still in doubt that a Trump Presidency is a national disaster?

Jul 9, 2009
It's the best political thing that's happened in this country for decades. So speak for yourself or the minority of crybabies that lost the Presidency, the Senate, the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court in this election cycle.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
It's the best political thing that's happened in this country for decades. So speak for yourself or the minority of crybabies that lost the Presidency, the Senate, the House of Representatives and the Supreme Court in this election cycle.

How would you know? We never got any details.

We just were told they would be the BEST details.

Also, looking forward to Trump cancelling NAFTA.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Electing an incompetent, lazy, egocentric, racist, sexist president who just settled a fraud case?

With a virulently homophobic and anti-choice vice president?

With a white supremacist as a chief strategist?

With an Attorney General who was rejected as a federal judge for racist remarks?

With a national security advisor who was fired from the Defense Intelligence Agency for incompetence?

With a surrogate who wouldn't rule out the possibility of internment camps for Muslims, which any decent human being should always reject?

Also, a friendly reminder: Clinton won the popular vote. Most American voters don't want this.

So in short... you're wrong. I don't see much reason to celebrate when anyone who isn't a white, straight Christian man has reason to worry, and when the President-elect seems more interested in choosing a cabinet based on loyalty than on aptitude.

Last edited:

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Commodus,

those people WANT that. They WANT a bigoted homophobe as VP.
They want white-supremacist, racist nationalists.
This is important for us to realize otherwise it's us who are the fools.
I wasted months pointing out Trump is a fascist, just to realize..."OH DUH, this is why they voted for him".

Don't make the mistake and don't waste your time pointing out to those people that Trump, or X or Y is this or that, which I am now confident many know anyway. This is what they want. They made their choice.

What we point out as flaws (which of course and absolutely for us they are), for those people is not. They DON'T see it as a flaw that the VP is homophobe or that a semi NAZI nutter is now a "strategical advisor". You cannot point out flaws they are unable to see.

Bottomline: They did NOT commit a "mistake vote" by voting these asses into office and are now realizing "OMG, what have we done!"

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Commodus,

those people WANT that. They WANT a bigoted homophobe as VP.
They want white-supremacist, racist nationalists.
This is important for us to realize otherwise it's us who are the fools.
I wasted months pointing out Trump is a fascist, just to realize..."OH DUH, this is why they voted for him".

Don't make the mistake and don't waste your time pointing out to those people that Trump, or X or Y is this or that, which I am now confident many know anyway. This is what they want. They made their choice.

What we point out as flaws (which of course and absolutely for us they are), for those people is not. They DON'T see it as a flaw that the VP is homophobe or that a semi NAZI nutter is now a "strategical advisor". You cannot point out flaws they are unable to see.

Bottomline: They did NOT commit a "mistake vote" by voting these asses into office and are now realizing "OMG, what have we done!"

Also worth pointing out that appeasing these sorts only emboldens them as europe learned a while back. Subsiding their lifestyle is only seen as a sign of weakness to be exploited.

The only silver lining to this election is hope that liberals realize they're the real mark.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Electing an incompetent, lazy, egocentric, racist, sexist president who just settled a fraud case?

With a virulently homophobic and anti-choice vice president?

Hillary "taco bowl" Clinton did not win.... and it was a good thing... her incompetence during her tenure as secretary of state helped leave the middle east a flaming mess, The sexist wench also tried to use her vagina as a selling point. Trump University.... well yeh Trump should have stayed away from that.... but Bill and Hillary made mint from Laureate International Universities... Hillary pimped out the name while Bill made $18 million as "honorary chancellor." Funny how the for profit university then received $91 million in grants from the state department. Fraud investigations as well.

With a white supremacist as a chief strategist?
because he okayed an article calling someone a renegade jew... even though the author of the article was named Horowitz.

With an Attorney General who was rejected as a federal judge for racist remarks?
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-11-07/news/9211070977_1_beasley-witness-lawyer
The same source of racism charges indicted for bribery? This asswipe would have been right at home in a Clinton cabinet.
And is this a different Jeff Sessions that took on the Klan in Alabama and helped desegregate schools there?

With a national security advisor who was fired from the Defense Intelligence Agency for incompetence?
With a surrogate who wouldn't rule out the possibility of internment camps for Muslims, which any decent human being should always reject?
Really internment camps? And so what you are saying obama was an idiot for appointing Flynn not once... but twice???? And who would the incompetent person be? the DIA head or a president who did not meet with his security advisors while ISIS was ramping up across Iraq and Syria?????

Also, a friendly reminder: Clinton won the popular vote. Most American voters don't want this.
Civics 101. Its called an electoral college. The U.S. is not a democracy dumbshit. The U.S. is a representative republic. And sure most American voters do not want Trump. After 8 years of obama more Americans are in poverty and on food stamps. They have lost value in their homes and have seen their salaries decrease. So more Americans wanted the government gravy train to continue with a little free college thrown in.... color me surprised. And it is a crying shame that Canada has such tough immigration laws... I would like to see a bunch of you head north... but they won't take most of the liberals because they actually require you to not be a burden. So you are stuck in a country that is trying to strengthen their own immigration policy.

So in short... you're wrong. I don't see much reason to celebrate when anyone who isn't a white, straight Christian man has reason to worry, and when the President-elect seems more interested in choosing a cabinet based on loyalty than on aptitude.

So in short... most of the WLP's (whiny liberal pussies) are freaking out because they are afraid of the boogeymen that they themselves created.

Sure on January 21st I am going to wake up and say.. Donald Trump is POTUS... WTF. But then I will go back to sleep knowing the Clintons are nowhere near white house.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
And is this a different Jeff Sessions that took on the Klan in Alabama and helped desegregate schools there?

No it's the same guy that lost a SC nomination due to race related incidents, incl hesitating on CR cases. But let's not pretend you'd object to a David Duke appointment.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
He is going to be a disaster, but a disaster we had coming. He didn't just appear in a vacuum, he is a reflection of us, and right now we are a dysfunctional country pretending to be exceptional. So we deserve to be lead by a dysfunctional man pretending to be exceptional.

Reactions: MajinCry

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
He is going to be a disaster, but a disaster we had coming. He didn't just appear in a vacuum, he is a reflection of us, and right now we are a dysfunctional country pretending to be exceptional. So we deserve to be lead by a dysfunctional man pretending to be exceptional.

Liberals arguably lost the election because they kept using "we" when the trump crowd was only out for their "us".

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
The biggest thing a Trump presidency brings to his voters/supporters, is that it allows them to step out of their PC confines. They were tired of being constricted and not being able to stereotype races, ethnic groups, minorities, religions, etc. So they may feel a Trump presidency now gives them a little more freedom in that area.

p.s. Didnt David Duke say that Trump was the best thing that ever happened for the KKK?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The only thing that's happening here at this time is that history is repeating itself. There is still outright denial that Bush and Cheney screwed up really really badly, and Cheney is still trying to re-write our history as seen through his crooked corrupted neocon heart, bless his evil soul.

So here we have Trump. Of all people, Donald Trump, the guy who at the present is reneging on promises he made to the folks who, if they didn't believe in his every word, believed in the folks who believed in him. He is, for some reason, now the President of these here United States of America, eminent leader of the free world. Now, if history holds its due course, whatever bad happens to us as a direct result of Trump's reneging on even more of those promises that he made, will either be ignored, dismissed, passed off and outright denied, just like what happened when Bush and Cheney "won the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people" and just like what happened when the economy crashed as Bush and Cheney scurried out the back door of the White House and ran for the nearest bunker to hide in until the coast was clear.

See, I have my own ideas about why Trump won, and lo and behold, he won for many of the same reasons that Bush 43 won.

Here we go again.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Liberals arguably lost the election because they kept using "we" when the trump crowd was only out for their "us".

Most liberals and most conservatives are very intelligent people just with different viewpoints on how to go about doing things. I'd like to take this opportunity of communication to ask both sides if they could refrain from judging all of the people on the opposing side based on the vocal, and regretfully quite confused minority that attempts to speak for all of them, as this is a well known cognitive bias, in other words flaw in human reasoning.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Most liberals and most conservatives are very intelligent people just with different viewpoints on how to go about doing things. I'd like to take this opportunity of communication to ask both sides if they could refrain from judging all of the people on the opposing side based on the vocal, and regretfully quite confused minority that attempts to speak for all of them, as this is a well known cognitive bias, in other words flaw in human reasoning.

Are you planning a count of how many conservatives are going to oppose bannon's idea of a christian ethnocentric america engaged in some perpetual econ/holy war? Esp when their big payday is coming?

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Are you planning a count of how many conservatives are going to oppose bannon's idea of a christian ethnocentric america engaged in some perpetual econ/holy war? Esp when their big payday is coming?

No. I am planning no such thing.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
The case looks closed to me short of the delegates denying him in December. It's already clearly a fluster brilliant gentleman.

Let's also answer the OP with what Trump & Bannon seem to have in mind. Looks like B's planning some massive handouts, probably first to shore up the rust belt into their own firewall for the next election and beyond.

As to whether there'll be appreciable resistance. If gop types were offered a good job to register all the muslims or even restrict them to approved areas there'd be a long line of takers. If he gets to pack the SC some more there's no backstop to it anyway.

Frankly the people in the best position to stop this are the republican congress, but I suppose we'll see how much their "fiscal conservatism" talk was worth. I'm guessing there won't even be many republicans on the other end of that wager.

IOW, it would hardly be disastrous at all for loyal subjects.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

Well where's the fun in that? ;)

Kidding aside, as a general rule, I wholeheartedly agree with you. But it takes deliberate conscious effort to do what you suggest, and that's something that's in direct conflict with a topic where emotions are quite often the driving force behind a lot of what gets tossed around in this forum, especially when the topic of discussion is the enigma that is Trump who is wrapped in a comic book cover that's wrapped in a Pravda newspaper that's got "We Approve Trump" as a headline of which Trump is waving over his head. He led a very controversial and emotionally driven campaign which produced a highly emotional and confusing response.

For the fact that there are two opposing sides to this issue, sides that represent the wishes and concerns of untold millions of people who have a stake in the outcome of each and every decision that Trump makes, well, that right there can easily be viewed as an "all of you against all of us" kind of issue, and sometimes it's fine to view things in that light.

I think the problem you mention occurs when emotions, personal opinions and the "us against them" vs "you against me" point of views conflate, of which quite often produces a very comforting knee jerk reaction to whip out the all inclusive "you guys on your side are all alike" because it just makes things simple that way. Sweeping generalizations are often the go-to answer when the point being made/defense thereof is weak because it somehow makes the point more valid, a much stronger emotionally driven response.

In that sense, I think it's often hard to resist to pull that "all y'all" card out. Not saying I approve, just saying it happens and when it does, it needs to be called out for what it is.

Reactions: disappoint

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Well where's the fun in that? ;)

Kidding aside, as a general rule, I wholeheartedly agree with you. But it takes deliberate conscious effort to do what you suggest, and that's something that's in direct conflict with a topic where emotions are quite often the driving force behind a lot of what gets tossed around in this forum...

Thanks for your understanding. I knew I wasn't just blowing smoke when I stated both sides had among them intelligent folks.

You're right it does take deliberate conscious effort to do what I suggest.

But then it took deliberate conscious effort to learn how to walk when we were toddlers too, but that isn't so anymore. It became easier with practice. This applies to learning any new skill. For example learning to play a musical instrument. My point being, it's difficult at first, but it gets easier. It's possible to reach a point of near effortlessness.

Reactions: tweaker2

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Makes sense why conservative see liberals the way they do, half of them'll eventually go along w/ muslim registration just to avoid being spoilsports.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
I've got a wait and see attitude about this although i don't have much faith but i'm hoping for the best.

Jul 9, 2009
He won and I approved his message. How can a Trump supporter not enjoy the lies, the frantic howling and the wealth of tears that his win supply? All this bullshit was out there before his election, he still won. In 2 years there's going to be 12 Democrat Senate seats up for grabs in red states, so there's a good chance the Republicans will take a filibuster proof Senate in 2018 (not that they really need it). You guys need to learn from your mistakes instead of rehashing the same losing bullshit that cost you the election.