Are discussions about weed banned?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
yeah feminised auto flowers. My first ever time doing this..so far so good.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Trudeau said 4 plants legally. So I took the plunge a wee bit before hand just so I know i'll be ready when the day comes.

plus I really needed a hobby and this really makes me happy. I don't smoke a whole lot like most potheads..but i'm really enjoying the learning process with weed growing.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
4 plant's that are max of 4 feet tall i believe? My friend's best one this year was approx 7 feet, said it weighed 20 pounds freshly cut down so no idea what that will be once it's trimed/cut/cured

Reactions: Mayne

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
4 plant's that are max of 4 feet tall i believe? My friend's best one this year was approx 7 feet, said it weighed 20 pounds freshly cut down so no idea what that will be once it's trimed/cut/cured

that sounds like a regular feminised seed and not an auto-flower. sounds pretty awesome though.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
yeah it was an impressive sight and definitely not auto flower, actually i just read that the SC ruled down the government on their 100 cm limit for plants...they even have a nice calculator to let you know how many plants you can grow based on your daily prescription. I've also been able to claim all my legally purchased weed as a medical expense for the last couple of years...

http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca/d...n-personnelle/calculator-calculatrice-eng.php

Reactions: Mayne

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
why the hell would there be a heigh limit? 100 cm seems tiny to me.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
why the hell would there be a heigh limit? 100 cm seems tiny to me.

no idea who set that, luckily they've been moving rather quickly one these laws, i don't see them changing the distribution method though, it will be through a govt website, the LCBO and maybe the licenced producers

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
its gonna be interesting when July rolls around. Everyone has an opinion what's going to happen, but no one really knows.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
its gonna be interesting when July rolls around. Everyone has an opinion what's going to happen, but no one really knows.

Knows what?

These are my friends in DC he likes his short and stout. He's also very impatient.

KbmPS2g.jpg

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
yeah it looks like he has done this a few times...being this is my first time I had a major setback and over watered the fuck out of my plants and almost killed them all..but they bounced back. I actually enjoy learning from my mistakes, but it was pretty stressful to me and the plants. There is a bit of a learning curve to his hobby.

that looks like a home-made shed if i'm not mistaken.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
yeah it looks like he has done this a few times...being this is my first time I had a major setback and over watered the fuck out of my plants and almost killed them all..but they bounced back. I actually enjoy learning from my mistakes, but it was pretty stressful to me and the plants. There is a bit of a learning curve to his hobby.

that looks like a home-made shed if i'm not mistaken.

Closet, older 50s house.

Smart Pot - Soft-Sided Container pots work great you simply can't over water with them them. The one problem is they dry out a lot faster then normal hard sided pots.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
i'm just using 5 gallon home depot buckets...works for me.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
We're looking at getting one of the hanging bag type grow tents with ventilation that goes in the closet. I use kratom but, would like to grow my own pot. There are some fun strains I'd like to try.

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
That's what matters. You never answered my question what's happening in July?
Canada should be set to introduce legislation for recreational legalization across all of Canada in July of next year. Right now it's legal medically and many places like here in Vancouver the local police have not policed for most possession or use. We have had about 100 dispensaries running in Vancouver for a number of years now. But all of that while still technically illegal. One of the compaign promises our new prime minister Justin Trudeau, made was to introduce federal legalization (not a major part of his campaign). It was announced recently that said legislation should be tabled next July. What exactly that looks like we don't know. Whether it will be more or less restrictive than the current state of affairs in cities like Vancouver. Although for just about every other city it should be less restrictive. We will learn in time where it will be legal to sell, what the tax structure will be, and all the other details.

Reactions: Thebobo

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Trudeau said 4 plants legally. So I took the plunge a wee bit before hand just so I know i'll be ready when the day comes.

plus I really needed a hobby and this really makes me happy. I don't smoke a whole lot like most potheads..but i'm really enjoying the learning process with weed growing.

A whole year is not wee bit early...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Lol. Indeed. Although a lot of places now they really don't police it here. Not that you aren't taking a risk still.

He probably grows it in the cemetery across from his place. Dum dum posted his addr on here once.

Last edited:

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Same here. Haven't posted in ages, and this forum came into my head for some reason. And this was the first thread that I saw from a poster that I actually remembered :)

Didn't recognize you, are you back for good or just teasing us?