Are discussions about weed banned?

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
why are there walls of texts in this thread?
vm6o2cr9dsq0pybcpigt.jpg

Reactions: ch33zw1z

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Reactions: Locut0s

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
seems to me that products like this will make it really easy for novices to OD on this and have some really awful experiences. Now, if this stuff under your tongue starts taking effect very quickly, probably not an issue like it would be if it is slow as edibles.
Indeed. The problem with edibles is that they are like taking a random flight to a random destination anywhere in the world. You don't know when the flight takes off, you don't know how long the flight is, you don't know how high the flight takes you, you don't know when to expect the flight to start descending. If at any point during the flight the thought even briefly occurs to you that "I don't like this flight", you are in for some serious serious turbulence. Unless you have trained yourself well your mind immediately goes into panic mode. Stop this ride I want off. But of course you can't and just have to wait it out. To be honest I don't remember the full experience of my bad trip I had that I talked about above. But I do remember talking myself down at some point during it so that I could at least sleep. If you read the post you will know it didn't help me the next day that much. It has occured to me since that I might still have been high when I woke up the next day without realising it. That might explain why it led to the 6 months of anxiety and panic I had. Hard to say.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
seems to me that products like this will make it really easy for novices to OD on this and have some really awful experiences. Now, if this stuff under your tongue starts taking effect very quickly, probably not an issue like it would be if it is slow as edibles.
Yeah that would most definitely be a problem with some concentrates...wouldn't die, but you'd have a bad experience for sure

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Legalize it, tax the crap out of it but I would prefer that my 16 y.o. doesn't have access to it just like alcohol.
At 16 y.o., it's more about how he was raised. Alcohol and tobacco were very easy to get our hands on at 16.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Indeed. The problem with edibles is that they are like taking a random flight to a random destination anywhere in the world. You don't know when the flight takes off, you don't know how long the flight is, you don't know how high the flight takes you, you don't know when to expect the flight to start descending. If at any point during the flight the thought even briefly occurs to you that "I don't like this flight", you are in for some serious serious turbulence. Unless you have trained yourself well your mind immediately goes into panic mode. Stop this ride I want off. But of course you can't and just have to wait it out. To be honest I don't remember the full experience of my bad trip I had that I talked about above. But I do remember talking myself down at some point during it so that I could at least sleep. If you read the post you will know it didn't help me the next day that much. It has occured to me since that I might still have been high when I woke up the next day without realising it. That might explain why it led to the 6 months of anxiety and panic I had. Hard to say.
This is why if you're going to use drugs, you need to have a full pharmacy at hand. A nice antipsychotic like quetiapine goes a long way to taking the edge off a bad trip. Then there's lorazepam for your garden variety anxiety and atenolol to calm that rapid heart rate. Like any good boy scout, you need to be prepared. ;)

Reactions: KMFJD

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
This is why if you're going to use drugs, you need to have a full pharmacy at hand. A nice antipsychotic like quetiapine goes a long way to taking the edge off a bad trip. Then there's lorazepam for your garden variety anxiety and atenolol to calm that rapid heart rate. Like any good boy scout, you need to be prepared. ;)

Damn you be eagle scout!

Reactions: Charmonium

Locut0s

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
While I agree with you. I prefer to not use substances that require that level of emergency preparedness. OR if I do need it then I take it as a sign that I may not be mature enough yet to take them at those kind of doses.

Reactions: Charmonium

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
Abortion?
Yup, abortion. Be responsible. If you don't want kids all you have to do is wrap your willy in a condom and necessity of abortion would be almost eliminated. Abortion should be legal, safe, affordable and very, very rarely needed.

We could do with fewer children having unwanted children in this country. And fewer STDs. And fewer single mothers having to drop out of school or go on welfare to take care of an unplanned child.

A simple 50¢ condom and the personal responsibility to use it would solves a whole bunch of problems.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
LOL I did not realize you were REALLY growing weed. Just be careful, it's still not legal and Trudeau recently said he wants stiffer penalties.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Wow, the one's one the right look promising. Look like there might be some nice buds there but it's hard to tell. The ones on the left look a little spindly but I guess they'll flesh out. Don't know much about growing. I'm just a consumer.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
its strictly personal use. I don't like giving money to some random dude on the street.