Arafat Op-Ed In NY Times

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I'll just say that I hate both the Israelis and the Palestinians. They fight and bomb each other til no end and then yell like little children. I have no sympathy for EITHER ONE OF THEM. If both of them ended up as a greasy spot on the world map, there would be a free 5 minutes on the nightly news;)

Aug 10, 2001

<< I'll just say that I'm hate both the Israelis and the Palestinians. They fight and bomb each other til no end and then yell like little children. I have no sympathy for EITHER ONE OF THEM. If both of them ended up as a greasy spot on the world map, there would be a free 5 minutes on the nightly news. >>

It's always nice to know that Americans care about more than just themselves. :frown:

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
I must say he does make a coupla good points (mainly on the settlements and refugees).

<< It's always nice to know that Americans care about more than just themselves. >>

I happen to have the same view as him. I highly doubt the US wants a real peace, since they have been supporting Israel, even though its actions have often been worse than those of the Palestinians.

What can I say. Its a nice peace plan, but it'll never happen. The US and Israel don't want to make a fully independent Palestine, because it will erode their presence in the region. Sad, but....

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< I'll just say that I'm hate both the Israelis and the Palestinians. They fight and bomb each other til no end and then yell like little children. I have no sympathy for EITHER ONE OF THEM. If both of them ended up as a greasy spot on the world map, there would be a free 5 minutes on the nightly news. >>

It's always nice to know that Americans care about more than just themselves. :frown:
>>

Why should we continue to help them if they won't even help themselves? If they want to go around killing each other, fine. But don't think that I'm gonna keep getting upset after they explode a car bomb the 10,000th time. The U.S. always sides with Israrel, but they're no better than the Palestinians.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<< It's always nice to know that Americans care about more than just themselves. >>

Well what exactly would your view be???? Hell, even if we cut Israel loose it wouldn't stop and what would that prove? Or is Israel "expendable" in your view????;) I can tell you this much for sure having served in that area for a few years, if we abandoned or cut Israel off from all funding and aid, they would basicly decide they have no one to answer to and nothing to lose.............I don't know what if anything you know about Israel's capabilities, but, I can guarentee you a LOT of the Middleast would go down with them before they were wiped out!!!!

How do you acheive peace between two people, or two nations whom have no real desire for it????? These two don't and the hatred runs deep and is growing every day!!!:)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<<

Well what exactly would your view be???? Hell, even if we cut Israel loose it wouldn't stop and what would that prove? Or is Israel "expendable" in your view????;) I can tell you this much for sure having served in that area for a few years, if we abandoned or cut Israel off from all funding and aid, they would basicly decide they have no one to answer to and nothing to lose.............I don't know what if anything you know about Israel's capabilities, but, I can guarentee you a LOT of the Middleast would go down with them before they were wiped out!!!!

How do you acheive peace between two people, or two nations whom have no real desire for it????? These two don't and the hatred runs deep and is growing every day!!!:)
>>

So true, I'd rather us not get involved any more than we already have.

Aug 10, 2001

<<

>>

Pardon my French, but what the f*ck does all that have to do with NFS4's statement that he wouldn't care if both sides eliminated each other?

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<<

<<

>>

Pardon my French, but what the f*ck does all that have to do with NFS4's statement that he wouldn't care if both sides eliminated each other?
>>

Well......sorry to break this to you........but that's not French.......;)

At any rate, as NFS4 highlighted, you can't broker a peace that neither side is interested in, as is the case in this situation. That being said, what is left to do???? You seem to assume nobody "cares" about the situation, but, in reallity, if they don't want peace, what alternative is left but to leave them to their own destiny??????;)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<<

>>

>>

What do you suggest we do with the two barbarians than?? Give them counciling? Put them on the Jerry Springer Show??

Neither side will EVER listen. They have been fighting each other for AGES!!! It will never stop. The day the fighting stops is the day that they both sides are eliminated (mostly likely by each other).

Aug 10, 2001

<<

<<

<<

>>

>>

Well......sorry to break this to you........but that's not French.......;)

At any rate, as NFS4 highlighted, you can't broker a peace that neither side is interested in, as is the case in this situation. That being said, what is left to do???? You seem to assume nobody "cares" about the situation, but, in reallity, if they don't want peace, what alternative is left but to leave them to their own destiny??????;)
>>

That's all wonderful and everything, but that's not what I was responding to.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

If you can't see the point and how it relates...............we'll just leave it alone......;)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

If you can't see the point and how it relates...............we'll just leave it alone......;)
>>

I'm confused as well ;)

I said that:

1) I hate them both b/c they act like a bunch of children in a sandbox
2) I have no sympathy for either side b/c neither one of them is "innocent"
3) Tom Brokaw (Tom is the fuggin' man!!:)) and Dan Rather would have less to talk about every night if the two "fell silent." Wouldn't have to hear about 20 people getting bombed at a party, etc, etc.

My theory is to let them continue to fight until the dominate side reigns victorius. Survival of the fittest;)

Aug 10, 2001

<< Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

>>

What is wrong with you? I didn't say anything about intervention. All I was saying that I didn't understand why he wouldn't care one bit if millions of Israelis and Palestinans died. That's all.

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<<

<< Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

>>

I'm confused as well ;)

I said that:

3) Tom Brokaw (Tom is the fuggin' man!!:)) and Dan Rather would have less to talk about every night if the two "fell silent." Wouldn't have to hear about 20 people getting bombed at a party, etc, etc.

My theory is to let them continue to fight until the dominate side reigns victorius. Survival of the fittest;)
>>

Exactly...........

<< if they don't want peace, what alternative is left but to leave them to their own destiny?????? >> >>

ToBeMe

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000

<<

<< Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

>>

What is wrong with you? I didn't say anything about intervention. All I was saying that I didn't understand why he wouldn't care one bit if millions of Israelis and Palestinans died. That's all.
>>

What's wrong with you??????
It's not so much not caring as it is a position of what else is there that can be done when neither side wants peace?????? If they hate each other as much as they do, there is no course which will correct the situation and leaving them to their own destiny is the only way things will end! (i.e. they fight it out to the end);)

Don't take everything so personal man...............;)

Mork

May 23, 2001

<<

<< Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

>>

I'm confused as well ;)

I said that:

>>

On Number 3.....

So, basically, you'd rather have millions die than have Tom and Dan talk less?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<<

<< Whatever............
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

>>

>>

It's not that I don't care...

But I find it HARD to care for people that don't care for themselves. They are not even TRYING to work on a resolution. Bomb this, bomb that, assinate this leader, burn another. There's only but so much that I can bear to take.

I had sympathy for BOTH sides a few years back, but now I've come to harsh realization that there is no help for either side. It will be a fight to death and there is nothing that anyone can do to stop it.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< On Number 3.....

So,
>>

Number three was more comic relief on the part of the nightly news as seen by my first post. It wasn't meant to be a valid point. If you think that I think that nightly news is more important than lives, well...

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Hmm, i wonder if we are going to hear from Texmaster >>

Hi! :D

First, assuming Arafat wrote this himself is highly unlikely.

Second, since he's broken more promises than Diane made to Sam in Cheers over marriage, I can't believe there are people out there stupid enough to believe he wants peace.

Especially after refusing the greatest offer of peace made to him under Billy Bubba.

I'll make it clear for the Liberals:

Arafat still has not arrested the Terorist groups inside his country, even Hamas, whose leader has his own weekly television show.

Troops under Arafat: 15,000-30,000

Hamas and the other nutjob groups COMBINED: 3,000-4,000

I think the results speak for themselves.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< And not all Israelis hate the Palestinians, and not all Palestinians hate the Israelis. >>

That is very true.

Let me ask you this though, how do you think that peace accord should go? How do we/they solve the conflift? Any ideas?
rolleye.gif

Aug 10, 2001

<<

<< And not all Israelis hate the Palestinians, and not all Palestinians hate the Israelis. >>

That is very true.

Let me ask you this though, how do you think that peace accord should go? How do we/they solve the conflift? Any ideas?
rolleye.gif
>>

I have an idea, but I'm sure it wouldn't work. :eek:

If Israel were forced to abandon all the "settlements," the Palestinian Authority wouldn't have anything to complain about because their complaint has always been about the so-called "occupation." But if the suicide bombings were to continue, then I would let Israel do whatever it had to do to defend itself.